over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder, Bicep & Tricep Achey real bad

wtw11171

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Alright so I am not a really big guy by far and can not do as much as most on here. I have been slowly going up on my bench. I work out without a spotter and never really have a problem. I just can never go for that extra rep which does suck but I can live with it. Two weeks ago I had my father here and I wanted to see if I could push up 310 on the bench. I got it and that is good for me. That week I also started adding dead lifts in my routine. With my dad here I kind of wanted to see what I could get. I did 375 deads. Great! For the rest of last week and into this week my arms feel weak as hell. I hit the 310 once again by myself and did a little lighter deads but my arms are just aching. The pain kills me when I lift off the bench and when I try to lock out. I've had this pain before but not as bad. I just worked through it. Also, I feel it at night when I wake up. Is this like a growing pain where my body is trying to get used to that heavier weight or could it be something else. I think for the rest of the week I am just going light. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

Nothing? No one at all. I mean my arms are killing me.

if its in ur fore arms..........

then it could be stress fractures from the heavier weight. How much of an increase?
I have done this on weighted dips. A big increase in weight, and going to failure, i could really feel the strain in my fore arms. Well need less to say i had to lighten up all pressing movements and i couldn't do dips at all for about 1.5-2 months. Also real heavy preacher curls would aggravate them also. Just a possbility.

Last edited:
That may be what it is. It was a big increase in weight. Usually I work out with about 270. I wanted to see my 1 rep max and used 310 and just about got 2 reps. That week I just started adding the deads. I never really used deads and went for my max which was like 375. I thought it was the deads. My arms are weak as hell. I do not want to take this week off but I have to. My wife pissed me off today when I was cutting the grass and I picked up the shovel and wacked the shed, like really hard. Right after that I was buckled over from the pain in my right arm. I was like what the hell bro. I mean my arm was hurting. I had to use some China Gel and Ice to get it back to some what normal. I can not take like two months light weight. I will go easy next week and just play by ear teh week after. Thanks. Pax.

then it could be stress fractures from the heavier weight. How much of an increase?
I have done this on weighted dips. A big increase in weight, and going to failure, i could really feel the strain in my fore arms. Well need less to say i had to lighten up all pressing movements and i couldn't do dips at all for about 1.5-2 months. Also real heavy preacher curls would aggravate them also. Just a possbility.

It is not just the foreamrs. It is bad in the tris and shoulder area though.

Tendonitis??

My tennis elbow(not actually from tennis guys) will ache and make my whole forearm and bicep hurt. Maybe that is the culprit.

Last edited:
How long has it been since you took some time off training? Maybe your body is telling you to take a week off. I know that when I start getting injuries, my body is telling me to take at least a week off and I listen.

How long has it been since you took some time off training? Maybe your body is telling you to take a week off. I know that when I start getting injuries, my body is telling me to take at least a week off and I listen.

I have not taken any time off since maybe September of 08. I need a week off. After today with that whole shovel incident I do not want to chance anything. My arm hurt so bad I was laughing. I know that sounds nuts but I was really laughing.

My tennis elbow(not actually from tennis guys) will ache and make my whole forearm and bicep hurt. Maybe that is the culprit.

I don't know bro. I am thinking it was the dead lifts that started it. When I think about it, it is not so much the forearm as it is the tris, bis and shoulder area.

I have not taken any time off since maybe September of 08. I need a week off. After today with that whole shovel incident I do not want to chance anything. My arm hurt so bad I was laughing. I know that sounds nuts but I was really laughing.

Damn bro, you should definately take at least a week off. It's been too long. Also, when you get back in the gym after your break, my advice would be to lift light for 1-2 weeks then get back into your normal routine. Good luck.

That's what I was thinking. Rest this week and light next week. I will just play week 3 by ear. Thanks bro.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws