over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shoulder dominant bb

cockdiesel

Registered
question for the crew. been doing some research on low volume training and came across a article about shoulder dominant individuals. they say to do mainly decline db flys ,decline press and cable crossover. when i perform these exercises my chest gets swole af but wwhen i do flat i feel like i just muscleit up and incline i feel shoulders come into play. i keep chest high ,shoulders back and all that . but if i do those 3 exercises will i become lower pec dominant?

Whatever your weakness is will probably always be your weakness. But you can bring up weak body parts by finding exercises that are more mechanically advantageous for you. If you feel those exercises in your pecs better...stick with them for awhile and see what happens

I'm really shoulder dominant. I've just started making some noticeable progress in my chest. I only do exercises I feel in my chest, hammer strength Press, incline in the smith and machine flys. I continue to get progressively stronger in each. I cut out all work I didn't feel in my chest. No barbell. No incline. My ego has taken a backseat but I don't care. I've grown from a training bra to a solid B cup.

question for the crew. been doing some research on low volume training and came across a article about shoulder dominant individuals. they say to do mainly decline db flys ,decline press and cable crossover. when i perform these exercises my chest gets swole af but wwhen i do flat i feel like i just muscleit up and incline i feel shoulders come into play. i keep chest high ,shoulders back and all that . but if i do those 3 exercises will i become lower pec dominant?

When you do incline, have you tried a very low incline, instead of the normal 45 degree?

Whatever your weakness is will probably always be your weakness. But you can bring up weak body parts by finding exercises that are more mechanically advantageous for you. If you feel those exercises in your pecs better...stick with them for awhile and see what happens

Very true. Although using me as an example who is very shoulder dominant this may not be true for chest development. Once I really focused on form my chest has been progressing loads. I used to bench just as much but I allowed my shoulders/tri-ceps to take over. Chest pressing is all about form. I think approx 8/10 people don't press optimally. It's all about how you set up and not allowing form to slip as you lift heavier. I see guys basically doing a flat bench on the incline as they rise up like a powerlifter would. I agree though really concentrate on the exercises you feel it working the target area most and try to progress in strength for those exercises.

I am tricep dominate and have bad shoulders. My chest has ALWAYS been my worst bodypart. Best thing I did was high volume dips, and really focus on the chest. Same with machine press, alter hand placement (outer, middle, inner) makes a big difference. I am not talking about wide, narrow, or neutral...I am speaking of the point on the hands that you push with.

Seth discusses and demonstrates this well:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1QlflyzJ_U"]Targeting Chest with Hand Placement - YouTube[/ame]

Very true. Although using me as an example who is very shoulder dominant this may not be true for chest development. Once I really focused on form my chest has been progressing loads. I used to bench just as much but I allowed my shoulders/tri-ceps to take over. Chest pressing is all about form. I think approx 8/10 people don't press optimally. It's all about how you set up and not allowing form to slip as you lift heavier. I see guys basically doing a flat bench on the incline as they rise up like a powerlifter would. I agree though really concentrate on the exercises you feel it working the target area most and try to progress in strength for those exercises.

That's basically what I meant. You need to find the angles and the exercises that work for your particular structure. And progress can be made...lots in some cases like you stated.

I am tricep dominate and have bad shoulders. My chest has ALWAYS been my worst bodypart. Best thing I did was high volume dips, and really focus on the chest. Same with machine press, alter hand placement (outer, middle, inner) makes a big difference. I am not talking about wide, narrow, or neutral...I am speaking of the point on the hands that you push with.

Seth discusses and demonstrates this well:

Targeting Chest with Hand Placement - YouTube

Exactly!!! Mechanically advantageous positions! Dante talks about this all the time. A lot of people tend to press too much with their triceps. For a powerlifter its your main mover for the bench. But big bench numbers don't do a bodybuilder any good if they have sub par chest development. you have to find what works for you and in your case....it was the dip. And id be willing to put money on the reason for that being the reaaaaallly deep stretch that you can get at the bottom position of a dip:lightbulb:

I have always had problems with shoulders dominating bench. Decline presses worked best for me and dips were good too. For some reason if I do really low incline bench press I feel it in the chest more than flats. Flats are terrible for me and hurt my shoulders. Flyes are ok but I don't feel like they ever really stimulate much growth. A good finishing move though.

One thing you can do is shorten the rep range and just do the bottom half of the movement, only coming up about half the distance you normally do. When you do that you leave the tricep at a weak point and have to rely on the chest more. Triceps come in the most once the arm begins to straighten out because they have a better mechanical advantage at that point. Try static hold with the bar at the very bottom, a rest pause of 5 seconds or so, and then press the bar up. Another thing that works.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131