over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder Impingement...may have found my answer

Stayinfit

Registered
to training with a bad shoulder.

I found this video while trolling youtube.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBPk4ADhg9k]Shoulder Mechanics, Impingement Explained & Safe Shoulder Exercises at Gym - YouTube[/ame]

I've had a shoulder issue for almost 2 years. I incorporated the ideas this morning while doing chest and delts. Finally, a chest and delt workout without pain!!! And the pump was amazing.

Now if you don't have shoulder issues then of course the video doesn't apply to you. Those that do have issues, maybe this will help. I'm excited to finally enjoy chest and delts again.

I have had bad shoulders for years now. I have replaced all regular grip lat Pulldown work with neutral grip or even underhand grip. I will now try this with my chest.

In the video it said that side laterals were not a good exercise choice. I wonder if you could replace it with side laterals with fingers pointing up?

This is good stuff. Dante describes a simple exercise in a thread on Intense Muscle for the same thing, using nothing more than a broom stick, and it has worked wonders for me.

yes, thanks. I can't see myself doing the rotator cuff exercises at the end of video. But I will make some modifications to chest and back work. I think I will always do side laterals, nothing else will really nail that medial head. Just don't go to high or too heavy....

That exercise Dante describes...I do and I love it...it as helped tremendously...but the pain, although not as bad, is still there.

for side laterals I'm only going to do partials...kinda like the ones John Meadows does with heavy dumbells. I noticed they didn't bother me when I did them...it's when I went higher that my shoulder pain would start.

My chest was actually sore yesterday and today from doing all parallel dumbbell pressing and partial pec deck flyes. For delts I did the dumbbell presses same way, and I varied the angles from straight up and down to elbows kinda flairing out but still palms facing eachother. I think that targeted side delts a little bit.

I do rear delts with back and have no issues with rear delt exercises.

Excellent post stayinfit.

The majority of my exercises use neutral grip. My shoulder pain has improved significantly over the last year.

I also notice in a few Branch Warren videos him and Johnny Jackson are doing a neutral/parallel grip on bench with a bar made for it.

Been using this exercise for quite sometime.

However, I had started doing it with dumbbells. My shoulders do not feel as wrecked after flat bench doing this exercise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec"]DieselCrew.com - Shoulder Rehab Protocol - YouTube[/ame]

And this for my shoulders prior the beginning of my routine wether im doing squats or deads or bench i always do these along with dc shoulder stretches at night

And this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCp-YynBEvE&feature=player_embedded"]DieselCrew.com - Ultimate Two Minute Shoulder Warm-up - YouTube[/ame]

Definitely helps

trained chest/back last night implementing the principles. very good, not one "click" in the shoulder or any twinges of pain. thanks again

Did back today and used the methods described and I have to say, the pump I got was much better than usual. I was also going heavier (40-60 lbs) and more strict on all my exercises as well. VERY useful thread.

I noticed yesterday evening, when training triceps on the pushdown machine. the outermost grip, which is essentially palms down may be a problem too. sure enough, when I switched to the parallel(thumbs up) grip, no problems. gotta go lighter on poundage due to leverage issues, but pain and twinge free again. Thanks guys.

also trained shoulders. still went with side laterals, just went heavier(to make up for shorter ROM) and came up maybe 3/4 of the way, that worked nicely. then finished with the machine military press with the thumbs up grip and also didn't go too high up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity