over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder Injury

fnripped

Newbies
I have recently been experiencing shoulder pain. I went to see an ortho and got an MRI. The ortho said that I have arthritis around my Acromion and thickening of my Supraspinatus tendon. The pain is fairly significant and is effecting my lifts/strength and to an extent sleep. I asked what I could do to alleviate the pain and the ortho didn't offer much of a solution.

Would TB500 or BPC 157 help under these conditions. Is there anything you would recommend for the arthritis?

Is there anything else you would recommend to assist in recovery, Ice, rest, massage, ultra sound etc...

I have been lifting for about 18 years and I am under 40.

Last edited:
That's from 18 years of training brother. Pretty common, its just wear on the joint.At least you know its not a tear or something. Good you got it scanned!

First don't do anything that aggravates it as you need to learn to train around things as you age.

Strengthen your rotator cuffs if you aren't already. Everyone should be doing this anyway for prevention not just after injury or irritation.

A lot of people that train have a major imbalance between front and rear delts and eventually causes pain and injuries.

Can try glucosamine and MSM.I have heard it takes about 4 grams of each for results if it is going to help. Helps some .does nothing for others.

anti-inflammatories can help but not a permanent answer.

Can give the low dose nandralone a try some get relief.

cortisone shots help but will need to repeat as needed .and condition can worsen as more damage is done by the cortisone itself and training an injured joint not feeling the pain.

most guys and gals that have trained for lots of years experience this in shoulders,elbows,knees,hips.learn to train around as mentioned and don't feel you HAVE to do any certain exercise. If it hurts your joint ,stop! which I am sure you have done or know.

Most older competitive bodybuilders I have met that were masters or older etc.. weren't athletes growing up. They started training later in life and therefore their joints aren't shot like those of us who started in our teens.

Growing old sucks!!:banghead:

Last edited:
Brother I have made serval post long ago on this subject I had severe shoulder pain like having a bad tooth ace it would wake me up three times a night I don't ever go to the doctor I personally think pretty much all USA medicine is a scam any how I went because I couldn't take it I got a shot of dexamethazone probably spelled wrong but it works miracle true miracles five days later no pain period look into it bro it's for horses and stuff but it's amazing cures tendonitis and a bunch of other stuff

shoulder

I have had shoulder problems for a few years with arthritis, a cyst and rotater cup is a little messed up. The only thing that made the pain go away is a cortisone shot every 4 months. They would not help at first so I went to another ortho dr and he shot it up 4 times and it took all the pain away.

Yeah I have had 2 cortisone shots and they have done very little if anything. The doctors only suggestion was start lifting lighter weights with higher reps. He also told me I could try some physical therapy.

I am trying to train around it but the problem is most pressing movements cause pain. I have completely cut out any overhead pressing. Freeweight bench presses with Barbell/ DB also cause pain. I can get away with chest presses on the Hammer strength equipment but I would like to get back to freeweights if possible.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws