over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder Injury

BAMA76

Registered
Hey PM, I grew up placing all sports in a small town where the win column was more important than grades, if you know what i mean. I have an injury that was neglected and basically never got healed from it and to this day still gives me problems. Last year i find out i have a small tear in my rotator cuff and really cant stop life to have it dealt with. My question is what types of exercises can i do to keep my shoulders in shape? Just go light on everything? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks:D

Hey PM, I grew up placing all sports in a small town where the win column was more important than grades, if you know what i mean. I have an injury that was neglected and basically never got healed from it and to this day still gives me problems. Last year i find out i have a small tear in my rotator cuff and really cant stop life to have it dealt with. My question is what types of exercises can i do to keep my shoulders in shape? Just go light on everything? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks:D

Please be as specific regarding the tear as possible as that will determine what you can do. I mean you have 4 cuff muscles attaching...without knowing which is injured no one can tell you what to avoid.

Please be as specific regarding the tear as possible as that will determine what you can do. I mean you have 4 cuff muscles attaching...without knowing which is injured no one can tell you what to avoid.
Brother, I really can't remember all the details I do know it is in the innermost part of it. Sorry.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

face pulls
ITYs
broomstick stretch

those three have kept my shoulders functioning well after a seriously traumatic blunt force injury.

Brother, I really can't remember all the details I do know it is in the innermost part of it. Sorry.

No worries bro but without that info you could be doing things that make it worse. Its like saying hey i have a leg injury what should i avoid..no one can answer that without knowing what you hurt.

The rotator cuff muscles have different functions and are in different places. Some get torn for different reasons and certain exercises can make it worse. If you really want to know how to manage it and still workout then get a copy of your report and then we can discuss. Anything short of that is just random guessing/comments.

No worries bro but without that info you could be doing things that make it worse. Its like saying hey i have a leg injury what should i avoid..no one can answer that without knowing what you hurt.

The rotator cuff muscles have different functions and are in different places. Some get torn for different reasons and certain exercises can make it worse. If you really want to know how to manage it and still workout then get a copy of your report and then we can discuss. Anything short of that is just random guessing/comments.
[emoji106][emoji106]

No matter the exercise to maintain, its equally important to keep stretched on the anterior. Biceps and pecs are common aggravators. When they are too tight, your shoulders will be more forwardly rounded, thus overstretching the rotator cuff.
When exercising, avoid a flat bench, keep pressing at an incline. This will assist shoulders and make a more stable lift.
Also consider surgery, and that it doesnt have to be life altering. If its minor, much can be done with minimal down time

Your probably going to have to take time out of your busy schedule to deal with it if you really want it to heal right. A year has passed and its still causing you problems. You may not end up needing surgery but a good physical therapist can work wonders in the right situations.

Your probably going to have to take time out of your busy schedule to deal with it if you really want it to heal right. A year has passed and its still causing you problems. You may not end up needing surgery but a good physical therapist can work wonders in the right situations.
Yea, Probally gonna wait til busy mowing season is done

Do a search for rotator exercises. Once you start doing them you will quickly see where your biggest weakness is. Just do the exercises correctly and don't worry about how much weight you are moving. Most people I see doing them just flail around around and do not get that much benefit from them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws