over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder injury

zachbean79

Registered
Well guys, I'm pretty sure i'm gonna have to end up going to the DR for this one but am going to give 24-48 hrs just to see if it get better. anyway.....have had a little pain in my left shouder as of late but have battled tendinitus in shoulders for years. I have long arms and used to bench heavy all the way down to chest with wide grip. think that caused it.

doing chest tonight. I started with flat bench. shoulder was bothering me but i kep at it(dumb

then on to inclines. I wanted to try a little different form to see if it would help. I usually bring bar down to within about3-4" of chest. I wanted to try a more narrow grip(about shoulder width) and bring the bar all the way to the chest.

anyway my second set in I put 225 on the bar. as I lowered the bar right when I went past that 3-4" that i usually stop at I felt/hear like a snap or pop deep in the back of my shoulder(which is weird cause my tendonitis has always been in the front) and it hurt.
but the weight felt light so I hit two more reps but them I realized my shoulder felt a little unstable so i racked the bar and stopped the workout immediately.

now I'm very affraid I have torn my rotator cuff or labrum. never felt anything llike that before. I still have full range of motion but there is deffinately pain.
what hurts more than anything is if I mimic a bench press motion with my arms I have tremendous sharp shooting pain in the back of my shoulder like where my humerus bone fits into the socketand it feels very weak.

any of you guys ever experience anything like this before? I'm freaking at the thought of having to go through the long recovery of surgery.

Just take a couple days to assess your situation. Regardless of what you did, it sounds like you will be off chest/shoulder lifting for a little. I know when I tore my rear delt, it took 5 weeks to be able to even bench 85 lbs again.

thanks for the reply bro....how did you tear your rear delt and what did it feel like? thanks for your help

Was coming down on bench, and I felt my shoulder "shift" back and I lost all the power I had with it. I did some light db's after that, and each time it would "pop". Just turns out I was injuring it even further. Shoulder swelled up and had some pretty awesome bruising for a few weeks.

you should go see an orthopedist. try to get an mri. the same thing has happened to me and I thought I tore something. i had the same exact issues that you are experiencing.

I've said this before and I will say it again. I spent thousands of dollars on art, acupuncture, cold laser treatments and massages cause I self diagnosed myself with bursitis and a possible rotator tear. lol I am a moron.

I ended having bone spurs that were causing impingement syndrome hence the pain when simulating a bench press movement. nothing but surgery would've helped me cuz the spurs needed to be shaved down.

the recovery is 4-6 months. do yourself a favor and find out what exactly is wrong by getting an mri with contrast dye. then we can figure this out instead of playing guessing games.

and don't ever listen to anyone that says do not go to a doctor.

Last edited:
I've had double shoulder surgeries for torn ligaments in both shoulders. I've long given up flat barbell benching. I wouldn't push yourself or force anything. Give it a couple weeks rest and if your still unable to train without shoulder complications, I'd recommend an orthopedic sports medicine doctor.

it's very stiff this morning. I do have complete range of motion but it feels stiff/tight/slow and very sore and painful. the funny thing is i train back very hard and I have very strong rear delts. also I have done rotator cuff exercises for the past 7 years due to chronic shoulder pain I have had off and on for the past 8-9 years. I even had my other shoulder scoped years ago to have the acromium(spelling) shaved down to make more room in my shoulder. that did help. since then its been mostly problem with the shoulder I hurt last night. but what scars me is I have never felt and heard anything like what happened last night. and it was right when I tried to go deeper than my usual ROM. Why do we do stupid shit?

Was coming down on bench, and I felt my shoulder "shift" back and I lost all the power I had with it. I did some light db's after that, and each time it would "pop". Just turns out I was injuring it even further. Shoulder swelled up and had some pretty awesome bruising for a few weeks.

dude, this is exactly what I did lol. even the light db's right after just to see. however I don't have any bruising or visible swelling.

Since you actually felt it shift it may have been beginning to sublex. That can stretch your ligaments out and then the entire socket will no longer be stable, usually gets progressively worse as strain is continued to be place upon the ligaments. More reason I have given up flat bench, just not enough forgiveness in the range of motion for me..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity