over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder pain help

Tyler Durden

Registered
For the past few months, I've been experiencing pain in the right deltoid. The pain is localized to the area at the intersection of the anterior and medial deltoid head, right in the thick of the muscle (not by the lower or upper connectors). The pain is noticeable to the touch and also when benching, military pressing and anything where I reach behind me. Given its location, I surmise its not a tendon or rotator cuff issue.

I have taken 3 weeks off all delt and chest exercise, but the pain is still present, and will often wake me out of my sleep.

Any advice?

Have your primary refer an MRI bro. This is the best way to tell what is going on.

I'm not sure if you compete or not or what your goals are but if I were you I would stick to laterals for shoulders and dumbells or decline for chest when ever you decide to start working them again. Also I agree with the MRI advice.

if you have more pain on things with more incline, probably an impingement issue, if you have pain with things that have more decline, probably a rotator cuff issue

If it is pain that is strong enough to wake you from sleep, go see your doctor. Find out what's going on in your shoulder.

For the past few months, I've been experiencing pain in the right deltoid. The pain is localized to the area at the intersection of the anterior and medial deltoid head, right in the thick of the muscle (not by the lower or upper connectors). The pain is noticeable to the touch and also when benching, military pressing and anything where I reach behind me. Given its location, I surmise its not a tendon or rotator cuff issue.

I have taken 3 weeks off all delt and chest exercise, but the pain is still present, and will often wake me out of my sleep.

Any advice?

Same exact thing is going on with my shoulder....is the pain around your ac joint but further down the from of your shoulder..??

I keep reinjuring mine in my sleep as I tend to always roll over on the side of my bad shoulder....the pain wakes me up 2-3 times throughout the nite...:mad:

Last edited:
It definitely feels like a muscular strain as the pain is located deep in the belly of the muscle and I can feel a "knot" when I massage. Flat benches hurt a heck of a lot more than inclines or militarys.

Any advice?

Have you ever thought that it may be your ac joint in the shoulder? I had the same issue but in both of them. I had to stop doing bench and declines but am still able to go heavy on incline. I get yearly I jections in both joints. The doctor puts a 5cc anti-inflamatory steroid mix in each one and after a month I'm usually pain free for almost a year.

Dude you're gonna have 50 people chiming in giving you 50 different possibilities. Get the MRI and find out exactly what it is. End of story.

As an update, my doc diagnosed it as bursitis. Due to a kidney condition they are leery of giving me anti-inflammatories, so they are having me go to an orthopedist for a cortisone shot. He said this should resolve the issue, but expect an immediate 10% loss of strength in the muscle due to the cortisone so a muscle tear is inevitable if I do not rest for 2 weeks. Anyone ever had one of these shots? Is this advice about strength loss and muscle tears correct?

Pain between the medial and anterior division of the deltoid is the textbook definition of subdeltoid bursitis. Rotator cuff....Possible and likely, as these two tend to party together. Avoid overhead and bench presses. Try to strengthen the posterior deltoid and get the book called "the seven minute rotator cuff solution". anti-inflammatories and ice will also be helpful as will quercetin, boswellia, vitamin c, and curcumin. Be smart.

Dr D

Any advice?

As a couple people have already said you are describing rotatore cuff injury.
i have torn and had it fixed.
Have your doc do some basic orthopedic tests or just go straight for the MRI.I guess it wouldn't hurt to try calm it down and rehab it,but if torn its surgery or train around it forever.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131