over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder Pain ..I may throw in the towel

bigarms

Registered
Man I am really down....I had shoulder surgery last year 12/4/02 on my rotator cuff and acromium(sp). I had a great recovery and went back to the gym ready to get to work. The problem is that the pain was worse than before I had the surgery. I took it very slow and the pain didn't let up. Because of this my doctor suggested to take some time off.....no weights...cold turkey.

Today I went back to the gym feeling that my problems may be gone.....but damn it's still hurting like a MF'er.....and I went light....real light. This really sucks.......any suggestions would help.

bum shoulder

hey bro, i feel your pain. i had mine done in 99' the rotator, the glenuid and the labrium. basically a total rebuild. i fractured the "cup" that holds the ball of the joint thats the glenuid (spelling) i tore the rotator and completely tore the labrium off the bone. really sucked. had surgery, was out of the gym for 9 months. finally went backl, really light. fucking high school kids laughing at me as i was just benching the bar.....and struggling. LOL. anyway you are gonna have pain probablly the rest of your life. with me it comes and goes.....some good days and some bad. but as long as you are not going to reinjure the joint, keep on lifting. try glucosamine and chondrition. (spelling) they help me. deca also does wonders. do the exercises that the doc recomended........work on strenghthing that rotator and all the muscles that support the shoulder. stay away from anything behind the neck....pull downs.....presses.......long story short i am back to where is was pre surgery and beyond........benching 405 on a regular basis almost pain free not bad for an old bugger like me. find exercises that dont bother you so much. stay strong and keep on lifting bro. hope this ramble helps.......keep us posted.

Thanks....I'm not giving up even though I think it sometimes. I can live with pain..sorry for whinning....just down after taking time off and back at the same place.

I also tore my labrium and had to take 6 months off from the gym..Nothing you can really do about it except look foward to the future...

Thanks xcel.............scheduling next week. I will let you know how it turns out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131