over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder pain

Hypertrophyguy

Registered
I have been battling with shoulder pain for a couple years now. ART has worked very well and I only need to go every six months and get a few sessions in and im good to go but this latest has been a little more difficult.

I think the pain is at the to of my biceps tendon. It is down deep between my front and lateral delt. It becomes a nagging pain when doing shoulder lifts and turns into a pretty sharp stabbing sensation. but it goes away about 15 mins after lifting.

Has anyone had experience with this?? what did you do?

bro,

I've had the same pain in my left shoulder everytime I work delts. I don't know what to do about it, so I just go kinda light. Also, I noticed it takes longer to aggrevate it if I limit my range of motion a little(down come all the way down) when doing d-bell delt presses. If you've been doing military with a bar, you should sonsider changing to d-bells with a slight incline instead of perfectly straight up.

GJ

It is probably weakness in the rotator cuff. With Biceps, chest press and shoulder press it is probably overtrained. Go light with a full range of motion on presses and high rep (20-30). Add in some external rotaton work and stretch your pecs hard. Use tight form on the biceps would help also.

Thanks guys.
Swole you may be right I will give that a try for sure. I went through a whole rigamarole trying to diagnose it a couple years ago before I found A.R.T. Went through physical therapy (did tons of rotator stuff, massages, iontophoresis, you name it), went to the orthopedic surgeon who just wanted to cut the tendon off and staple it but opted to give me a cortizone shot which did NOTHING.

i will get back in the rotator exercises and see if that helps. and my chest is actually pretty flexible so I doubt thats the problem. OH well we will see.

Going light and full range on your shoulder presses is the key. BTW I'll see you at the Olympia.

Hyper,
yours sounds very similar to mine. sometimes doing db culrs it hurts like a bitch!:mad: I am icing and doing rotator cuff movements like crazy. Just one of those things man!

TH

Improve form on the curls. Don't allow that little front raise on every rep, yes that means going lighter on some exercises. Use your lower back to cheat instead:)

Thanks guys yeah I have been learning to work around it so we will see. Swole I'm going to really try to keep my presses light even though that is one of my favorite ego lifts lol, that is probably the only lift I have that no one can hang with me on haha.

About the O yeah for sure I look forward to meeting you and hanging out. I probably won't be super worried about the whole bbing thing its my bday and my girl from NC is flying out so I will most likely be going down in a blaze of glory.

All I hear about from G is how you take pleasure in his discomfort lol he loves but hates you. But he says you are getting results.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws