over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shoulder pain

RR177

Banned
I noticed this pain in my shoulders that started about 2 weeks ago only while doing chest exercises. I thought it was just flat bench but today I did dumbbell press and still got the pain, it seems to be coming from around the supraspinatus muscle area on both shoulders. The pain is only while working out , 30 min after I leave the gym the pain is completly gone. Do you think its muscle ,tendon or joint pain. If anyone else has had this pain I would greatly appreciate some info on treating it. The only other thing that comes to mind that has changed in the last 2 weeks is I'm on the 9th week of an test/EQ cycle and I just started 60mg of anavar 2weeks ago, and I heard that it can give joint pain, but I'm not having joint pain anywhere else. Please reply.

be sure to do 3 things for healthy shoulders and almost 98% of all lifters dont do this.

1.) stretch inner rotators of the shoulder
2.) keep shoulder blades retracted
3.) stretch pec minor

do some searching on youtube to get some ideas on how to address these 3 issues

Thanks for the replys guys, and the pain is maybe a little more at the bottom
of the motion but I made it thru 3sets of dumbellpress before the pain started and then it was constant pain until 30 mins after leaving the gym and the pain went away completly. And the pain is the same place in both shoulders, its a pretty sharp pain that's in the area of the rear delt/ rotator cuff which looks like the supraspinatus muscle area. The only exercise that the pain was not as bad with was the pec dec. Thanks again for the replys.

I have been feeling similiar pain in my shoulders on any chest exercise I have been stretching them and kept them iced for a few days and it seems the pain is going away

shoulder support

From someone with many shoulder injuries I have found doing my internal and external rotations with a band or cable has made my shoulders feel pretty good. Just think about how big your other muscles are compared the stabilizer muscles. Sometimes I have a workout specifically for stabilizer muscles (not just shoulders)and they get worn out fast it is a humbling experience. I dont know if this will help you at all but it helps me a lot good luck

I recently developed left shoulder pain and I suspected that heavy benches were to blame. The problem is that I am very conscious of form (I'm a Dorian Yates fan) so I was a bit confused.

Turns out that instead I actually had weak shoulder stabilizers (specifically the external rotators). Like you I had the pain just over the supraspinatus tendons, but actually a bit of bicipital tendonitis was also occuring. Since doing a bit of light rehab on those for a few minutes daily I have felt much better. As someone else said you can youtube this.

Watch the following link and Dorian talks briefly about how to protect the shoulders by working on the stabilisers, YouTube - Dorian Yates' Blood & Guts Trainer: Delts & Triceps - Bodybuilding.com, Good luck pal and hopefully no need to panic :).

p.s. the reason the shoulder is such a touchy joint is because it relies heavily on the stabilisers to support it (because the ball and socket is so shallow in this joint and so the joint itself doesn't have much innate support). A lot of times if the stabilisers become weak or out of balance with the surrounding muscles then the stabilisers become overloaded and thats when tendonitis developes.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replys guys, you all gave great info. I will be doing more exercises and longer warmups before working out. It really woke me up to possibly seriously damaging my shoulder during these chest exercises.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replys guys, you all gave great info. I will be doing more exercises and longer warmups before working out. It really woke me up to possibly seriously damaging my shoulder during these chest exercises.

Do you have any weakness on that side?

If you have weakness on that side go and get an MRI before you make it worse.

Could be Distal Clavicle Osteolysis - commonly known as weightlifters shoulder.

I am going in for surgery next week for it. I need both shoulders done and will have them done one at a time.

FWIU - It is a better diagnosis and outcome than a rotator cuff injury

Good luck...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner