YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder popping and cracking.Is it a sign there is something wrong?

My shoulders both pop and click. It started in one and migrated to the other over time due to me favoring the bad shoulder. My ortho says it's arthritis. He also said both shoulders are bone on bone in the socket. He recommends replacement on both. I'm almost 63, been lifting over 50 years and am not ready to stop. The clicking doesn't hurt more when doing presses but the pain is always there regardless.

Ill say first of all, im 58 and lifting for 30 plus years. was doing fairly well. geared up with slin and gh ...About 6 years ago my left shoulder started making popping noises at certain times when lifting my arm certain ways. I let it go. About 2 months ago ,under alot of stress ,did chest and seated incline press, thats when the clicking and popping started in the right shoulder now. I dont really have pain but im concerned iif the clicking and popping should be addressed .Im doing stretches as per my other post on shoulder tips . Im seeing different videos saying popping is a concern while some r saying its not. What have u guys found out and if so what remedies have u done ? Much appreciated.
Hey Brother. I'm 43 with 20 years of lifting but 15 good solid years n many years of sports. Both of my shoulders have been diagnosed with severe Osteo Arthritis (to level of replacement but holding off due to my age being young). I also have the clicking and popping and it seems to come from arthritis, calcium deposits, or bone spurs. I would absolutely suggest seeing an Ortho n get the Xray. I did and followed it up with 2 months of PT as well as a Chiro who does ART. The results have been Awesome. I got back 85% of my ROM back and along with that about 85% less pain. Overhead pushing exercises I have taken out for now and every day I hang on a TRX. Lean Away from the TRX with one Hand holding the Handles stretching out n almost pulling open and creating space in the shoulder joint. That has been a god send to me I even do before and after training it is amazing. Good luck

Left shoulder suffered a torn labrum. It was repaired 15 years ago & hurts at the bottom of a dead hang. Also hurts when i pull my shoulder blades down and back (basically how you initiate the movement out of the bottom of the pullup). Hard for me to do Weighted Pullups anymore because of it. Eight years ago i could do a decent amount of weight on Weighted Pullups and not be in pain in this shoulder. I also have pain in this shoulder at the very top/finish of the rep on Incline Bar Press. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Right shoulder, i cannot do Side Lateral Raises properly even with light weight. Even with a 5lb DB after a few inches i start shrugging to get the weight any higher. Seems like Frozen Shoulder. Very frustrating. I injured this shoulder when i was 11 or 12 and was told I tore the Shoulder Capsule by an Ortho. Ortho did not order an MRI back then (this was like '94) but he still diagnosed me. I wonder if it was a torn Rotator Cuff. With this right shoulder, rear delt movements are also very difficult and i can feel myself shrugging and/or engaging the traps. Any ideas?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws