over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder surgery

Csims22

Registered
I am having shoulder surgery next week to remove bone spurs and to repair my labrum. I have several questions:

1- How was long was your recovery before you were back doing upper body?

2- what did you do to minimize weight loss during the recovery period?

3- what was your diet like during the recovery period?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am having shoulder surgery next week to remove bone spurs and to repair my labrum. I have several questions:

1- How was long was your recovery before you were back doing upper body?

2- what did you do to minimize weight loss during the recovery period?

3- what was your diet like during the recovery period?

Eat your maintenance calories. Definitely do legs if you can and your weight loss will be minimal.

i am 5 weeks post op

for my rotator and labrum repair . I would like to join your thread with a question as well.
1 week pre surgery I started tb500 bpc157 hgh 3 iu.
HGH has me lean as hell and I am eating very clean with some protein powder twice a day. I cardio twice a week and legs twice a week. I look good if I must say. Good luck in your recovery.

now my concern
2 weeks after surgery the DR started me in pt. that's the fastest I have heard anyone start pt. most people are in the sling for 6 weeks.
so my 4 week exam my dr comes in the room and says I have plateaued and need to be surgically manipulated in the operating room. meaning: put under and manipulate. I asked him why? some people are still in slings at this point and I have just started pt and making modest ROM gains. He says I have healed too quickly and I wont be able to get ROM on my own. question: is he a quack?

How old are you guys to need shoulder repair? Ouch. I thought that was a mid life procedure. Tough recovery for that, but my several friends who have had it eventually end up better than ever. Get well soon..

long term damage over years but recently aggravated November '13 with bench press locked me up and made full tear.

How old are you guys to need shoulder repair? Ouch. I thought that was a mid life procedure. Tough recovery for that, but my several friends who have had it eventually end up better than ever. Get well soon..

Mid-life? Ouch. I'm 35. Never had any problems before this, just some minor pain occasionally. When the surgeon saw my MRI, he said I've torn it up pretty bad over the years. Guess I'm just lucky :)

I had a full rotator/labral repair done when I was 19 :(

Don't rush the PT recovery. You want to get with in an inch of pain/reinjury but back off.

You'll recover the fastest if you can find your sweet spot for pushing the envelope within the set boundaries they give you.

I.E. External rotation, the PT says 3x10 each arm, but stop if you feel fatigued. Fuck that. I did probably 10 sets per arm every time I went to PT haha

Also, your shoulder will feel like a cement grinder for a while as the scar tissue breaks down when you get back to full ROM. As long as its just crackling and not painful, you're in good condition

I had a full rotator/labral repair done when I was 19 :(

Don't rush the PT recovery. You want to get with in an inch of pain/reinjury but back off.

You'll recover the fastest if you can find your sweet spot for pushing the envelope within the set boundaries they give you.

I.E. External rotation, the PT says 3x10 each arm, but stop if you feel fatigued. Fuck that. I did probably 10 sets per arm every time I went to PT haha

Also, your shoulder will feel like a cement grinder for a while as the scar tissue breaks down when you get back to full ROM. As long as its just crackling and not painful, you're in good condition

Thanks for the advice. While I'm not really looking forward to the recovery and rehab, I am glad it will finally be fixed. Everything I've read (forum posts and articles) says not to slouch on the rehab and to take it seriously.

Went to a Dr that was a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. Had his own practice, and was the head Dr. for the university orthopedic sports medicine dept. Dealt with many collegiate and pro athletes. I had 2 rotator muscles reattached. As well as a ruptured biceps taken care of.The Dr said it would be 18 months till the were fully graphed back on. Originally he said 3 months till I should start lifting with that arm. But he said to keep training the rest of the body. And training the good arm would keep the injured one from from atrophying as much and would keep the nerves functioning as well. Backs up what I had read else were. 5 days after the surgery back in the gym. Only doing rehab work for the injured shoulder along with stretching several times a day. 8 week s later the Dr said I could start training the repaired arm(as he knew I was doing some stuff anyway) as I was healing much faster then normal. 8 months later back to full power but I didn't push it ever work out for awhile till I felt confident. wish I had done it sooner.

I am 4.5 weeks in ftom recovery.. pt started 1 week after surgery. The 6 weeks in a sling is "old school" mentality and slows recovery.

All movements are passive (pulleys, canes, sliding stretches) until 8 weeks. I come out of sling at 6 weeks but no gym for upper until 16, where im released to full. Granted ill be much weaker and youre not considered 100 percent until 10 months.

My doc is well known for what he does. Works on denver broncos to get them back to work.

off the record he said 150mg test and deca per week and 3iu gh would help.

Went to a Dr that was a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. Had his own practice, and was the head Dr. for the university orthopedic sports medicine dept. Dealt with many collegiate and pro athletes. I had 2 rotator muscles reattached. As well as a ruptured biceps taken care of.The Dr said it would be 18 months till the were fully graphed back on. Originally he said 3 months till I should start lifting with that arm. But he said to keep training the rest of the body. And training the good arm would keep the injured one from from atrophying as much and would keep the nerves functioning as well. Backs up what I had read else were. 5 days after the surgery back in the gym. Only doing rehab work for the injured shoulder along with stretching several times a day. 8 week s later the Dr said I could start training the repaired arm(as he knew I was doing some stuff anyway) as I was healing much faster then normal. 8 months later back to full power but I didn't push it ever work out for awhile till I felt confident. wish I had done it sooner.

Thanks for the input. I'm hearing a lot of people talk about continuing to lift the non hurt side to minimize atrophy. I'm definitely going to ask my dr about that at Pre-op.

I am 4.5 weeks in ftom recovery.. pt started 1 week after surgery. The 6 weeks in a sling is "old school" mentality and slows recovery.

All movements are passive (pulleys, canes, sliding stretches) until 8 weeks. I come out of sling at 6 weeks but no gym for upper until 16, where im released to full. Granted ill be much weaker and youre not considered 100 percent until 10 months.

My doc is well known for what he does. Works on denver broncos to get them back to work.

off the record he said 150mg test and deca per week and 3iu gh would help.

I'm thinking about adding deca to my trt dose, and I'm at 4ius gh. Did you use the gear during recovery, and did it help?

I'm thinking about adding deca to my trt dose, and I'm at 4ius gh. Did you use the gear during recovery, and did it help?

Still in recovery.. and I feel its helping. Doc is impressed with my ROM but im also doing my at home exercises 3-4 times a day and icing religiously... cant wait to lift upper body again

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131