over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder surgery

Alzadosghost

Registered
Iv got a full thickness superspinstus tear and I'm going to have it repaired. Iv had both my knees and a bicep repaired all went well but this one is making me nervous. Anybody on here had this repair done? And if you did how was the outcome?

Iv got a full thickness superspinstus tear and I'm going to have it repaired. Iv had both my knees and a bicep repaired all went well but this one is making me nervous. Anybody on here had this repair done? And if you did how was the outcome?
Ive known a few people . everything went well. How is your pain?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I had a fri3nd with some minor tears and they were in a lot of pain all the time it seemed.
One guy i new had a full tear and the pain wasn't nearly as bad. Go figure. I wish you luck and hope Everything goes smoothly for you.

Biggest problem was sleeping

Full thickness infraspinatus and supraspinatus repaired in both shoulders. 7 and 5 years out and no regrets. There is no pain and here is not a movement that causes me concern.
The sling sucks (6weeks) and then the strengthening and rehab can be frustrating. Then one day things start working and progress is really fast
I had great luck and both my surgeon and therapist say both my shoulders were the best outcomes they have seen

Went to a Dr that was a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. Had his own practice, and was the head Dr. for the university orthopedic sports medicine dept. Dealt with many collegiate and pro athletes. I had 2 rotator muscles reattached. As well as a ruptured biceps taken care of all in the same surgery.The Dr said it would be 18 months till the were fully graphed back on. Originally he said 3 months till I should start lifting with that arm. But he said to keep training the rest of the body. And training the good arm would keep the injured one from from atrophying as much and would keep the nerves functioning as well. Backs up what I had read else were. 5 days after the surgery back in the gym. Only doing rehab work for the injured shoulder along with stretching several times a day. 8 week s later the Dr said I could start training the repaired arm(as he knew I was doing some very light lifting anyway) as I was healing much faster then normal. but most people heal faster then what the Dr's say as they give you worst case scenario usually. 8 months later back to full power but I didn't push it ever work out for awhile till I felt confident. Wish I had done it sooner.

just curious, but with you guys who have torn shoulder muscles, how did you do it? like was it a gradual process (wear and tear) or was it an acute incident (such as tearing it on a bench press, etc...).

I also had a complete tear of the supraspinitus tendon in my right shoulder. I under went surgery to repair the shoulder in December 2015. After the surgery I developed an infection in the shoulder that set my recovery back some 4 to 6 weeks. I eventually got released to go back to training with no restrictions about 10 months post surgery. My right shoulder is doing great now. My left shoulder was also bothering me so I went back to the surgeon and got an MRI done on it. According to the radiologist the supraspinitus in my left shoulder was over 80 percent severed thru by a bone spur. I had surgery to repair my left shoulder this past April. After I came out of surgery, I was told that once the doctor got in my shoulder he found that it wasn't severed as badly as the MRI indicated. He removed the bone spurs and cleaned up the tendon. I'm currently doing rehab and hoping that afterwards it feels as good as the surgically repaired right shoulder does.

If you post full MRI report I can give you an accurate response.

Full thickness doesnt mean too much. Is it full thickness full width? Retraction? How far? Background tendinosis? The is cable involved? Any biceps tendon issues? AC joint arthrosis--meaning are they going to do a decompression.. etc etc.

just curious, but with you guys who have torn shoulder muscles, how did you do it? like was it a gradual process (wear and tear) or was it an acute incident (such as tearing it on a bench press, etc...).
I have a labrum tear. Still trying to Find out the severity. Also, it has caused an impingement this time. Which is the real issue. Loss if strength and constant pain in left bicep/forearm.

Right shoulder did something sparring and waited 3 years to get it resolved.
Left shoulder I dropped something heavy at work and did not let go. It pulled me to the ground.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Mostly it hurts at night when I try and sleep. It's been bothering me for probably 12-15yrs and finally snapped. I can do a lot of things I want to. Lots of wear and tear working in the woods all my life.

On my right shoulder I had full range of motion and most of my strength but tons of pain. I slept in a sleeping bag on the couch so I couldn't move my arm.
Left side could not pick my arm above my chest immediately after the incident.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Mostly it hurts at night when I try and sleep. It's been bothering me for probably 12-15yrs and finally snapped. I can do a lot of things I want to. Lots of wear and tear working in the woods all my life.

You will do well with the repair. The infra is a little banged up so theres a chance that could retear but the blending fibers of the supra and infra have good blood supply and looks like you have some decent retraction and that isnt gonna heal on its own. The cable might be preventing further propagation but if i were you I would get it fixed.

Recovery wont be too bad. You have type 2 acromion so that is fine, biceps looks good. Since it was an MR arthrogram i feel comfortable saying your labrum is fine.

Your recovery is probably gonna be 12 weeks but its going to be a very easy recovery compared to what you hear from most guys about shoulder surgery. Truth be told it can probably heal in 6-8 post surgery but dont push your luck and take it easy for 12 and then do some rehab work over the next 8 weeks getting to to scar a bit more. Your range of motion should be fine post op .

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws