over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Show Time!

slesh

Registered
Would love to hear from @b-boy and other pros who have competed at high level shows what a day in the life is like. I've read about all types of prep and hell week etc... but my girl and I were watching the O and were fascinated by the 48 hours (Friday and Saturday) when you are just sitting around and waiting to go on and off stage. What are these guys eating, drinking, etc? I know it can't be much because you gotta stay dry as fuck. I can't even imagine posing for hours on and off like that. I don't think most people realize the energy you expend. Would love to hear some stories...

Olympia is a case apart, it is the only show where men compete in 2 days in a row, which makes maintaining the condition and not losing it a much more difficult game.

Olympia is a case apart, it is the only show where men compete in 2 days in a row, which makes maintaining the condition and not losing it a much more difficult game.
True but even one day shows you got pre judging in the morning and then the finals in the afternoon/evening

The worse part is the dehydration and being thirsty as fuck. Eating food while drinking very minimal fluids absolutely sucks!! As soon as the night show ends I want something to drink immediately!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS..LOL

The worse part is the dehydration and being thirsty as fuck. Eating food while drinking very minimal fluids absolutely sucks!! As soon as the night show ends I want something to drink immediately!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS..LOL
What and how often are you eating between pre judging and the finals?

Very dependent on your look
Too flat? Maybe add some water and carbs
Too full? Maybe pull back on carbs and sip water
Legs looking watery? Lay down and put them up for hours on end

Very dependent on your look
Too flat? Maybe add some water and carbs
Too full? Maybe pull back on carbs and sip water
Legs looking watery? Lay down and put them up for hours on end
Sip water if you’re too full looking???

I let my appetite dictate (eat when hungry).

this is untrue

yea,,, I dont know what that is supposed to mean? If it means Im arguing with something that you stated, you are mistaken about that as well. what you stated isnt a fact, I was pointing out the information you posted is inaccurate. no opinion, no argument, just fact

Lol does anyone want to answer my questions from the OP?
I would, but sometimes people here will have things to say, that arent wanted to be heard or read. what and who considers what a high level show?. I dont want to get into that, because some would say the opposite of what one pro says, or judge the physique as validity. honestly, I dont think its all that big of a deal. sit around, see the sights of town your in. Hang out with your family if they are there with you, or if they have'... unfortunately not too many of those around the sport!!
aquarium, zoo, arcade, movie, etc . doesnt have to be a cage your stuck in

I would, but sometimes people here will have things to say, that arent wanted to be heard or read. what and who considers what a high level show?. I dont want to get into that, because some would say the opposite of what one pro says, or judge the physique as validity. honestly, I dont think its all that big of a deal. sit around, see the sights of town your in. Hang out with your family if they are there with you, or if they have'... unfortunately not too many of those around the sport!!
aquarium, zoo, arcade, movie, etc . doesnt have to be a cage your stuck in
Sorry, doesn’t have to be a “high level” show. I just wanted to hear from guys who have actually competed in an IFBB show. Not keyboard Warriors giving their uneducated opinions.

Im just so fascinated by all this. Was watching Cbum’s YouTube videos leading up to him stepping on stage and I couldn’t believe how much water he was drinking and food he was eating. To do that and still be bone dry is amazing to me. A good friend of mine won a few NPC shows doing physique and he would stop drinking water 2 days before the show (no diuretics). That’s why I’m so curious.

a story about a show I did not too long ago. for comparison to a few different people and approaches
For starters after the press conference, i hung out with my family. we checked into our hotel, went out to dinner, came back and the kids got in the pool.
the next day, since there was a day in between, we walked around the city, saw the sights, did tourist stuff if you will. I just brought my food with me and ate when I normally would. It was cold, esp for me, and my legs were getting that dehydrated, depleted ache, so as it got colder, we were too far away and it was too late, we went back, put some tan on, had some vodka and did my normal, hope I can sleep in a hotel before the show, hope I can have the biggest urine elimination when I wake up, and be paper thin the hotel window sunlight and hotel mirror :)
we all know those pics

now on to the venue the next day
there was a big big delay, disorganization, and the amateurs' portion didnt go as planned, so we were stuck backstage for hours - much longer then we were supposed to be for sure
t. ruffin was the number behind me, so we spent a while standing around waiting to go onstage, and then when we were ushered back, human nature kind of had some of the guys just hangin with the same ones we had been around and already had been talking to.

there was a another competitor, i wont say his name, but I also know his coach personally. notorious for copious amounts of everything, doesnt give a damn about the person, health, just wants them to push the envelope so he can say they did well, and he was behind it. and also sell them everything
all day, this guy was pounding pie filling. tupperware(S) worth of apple pie filling that he had taken out of cans. hitting pins in the corner, eating salt, facetiming his coach, doing all kinds of pre show things. he was ready to explode. I seriously couldnt believe how he looked backstage. almost as if he was filling up like a balloon with air. I remember thinking, GDAMN, I want to look like that. personally I dont do too much, so I just sat back and shook my head, at the antics

back to Terrance. I didtn really see him do much of anything, hardly pumped, ate or moved except did some posing (routine walk though every so often) just basically passing time feeling stuck bored and irritated
we get on stage, he moves to my other side, and I am pleased with it all because, I assumed he would win, and I could get a good look at my comparisons with him during poses, and: I was next to him for the whole time. I was happy that I didnt fall for any monkey see monkey do, I better eat more, drink a coke, more, more more, take another diaz, etc etc
the guy I spoke of, who was in my mind, the beast of the show, ended up in last. Still looked sic though, just smooth, but bodybuilding is bodybuilding,(sorry-classic) and we all know a freak when we see one, and he was freaky at that moment, just had the glazed donut look onstage under the lights

a story about a show I did not too long ago. for comparison to a few different people and approaches
For starters after the press conference, i hung out with my family. we checked into our hotel, went out to dinner, came back and the kids got in the pool.
the next day, since there was a day in between, we walked around the city, saw the sights, did tourist stuff if you will. I just brought my food with me and ate when I normally would. It was cold, esp for me, and my legs were getting that dehydrated, depleted ache, so as it got colder, we were too far away and it was too late, we went back, put some tan on, had some vodka and did my normal, hope I can sleep in a hotel before the show, hope I can have the biggest urine elimination when I wake up, and be paper thin the hotel window sunlight and hotel mirror :)
we all know those pics

now on to the venue the next day
there was a big big delay, disorganization, and the amateurs' portion didnt go as planned, so we were stuck backstage for hours - much longer then we were supposed to be for sure
t. ruffin was the number behind me, so we spent a while standing around waiting to go onstage, and then when we were ushered back, human nature kind of had some of the guys just hangin with the same ones we had been around and already had been talking to.

there was a another competitor, i wont say his name, but I also know his coach personally. notorious for copious amounts of everything, doesnt give a damn about the person, health, just wants them to push the envelope so he can say they did well, and he was behind it. and also sell them everything
all day, this guy was pounding pie filling. tupperware(S) worth of apple pie filling that he had taken out of cans. hitting pins in the corner, eating salt, facetiming his coach, doing all kinds of pre show things. he was ready to explode. I seriously couldnt believe how he looked backstage. almost as if he was filling up like a balloon with air. I remember thinking, GDAMN, I want to look like that. personally I dont do too much, so I just sat back and shook my head, at the antics

back to Terrance. I didtn really see him do much of anything, hardly pumped, ate or moved except did some posing (routine walk though every so often) just basically passing time feeling stuck bored and irritated
we get on stage, he moves to my other side, and I am pleased with it all because, I assumed he would win, and I could get a good look at my comparisons with him during poses, and: I was next to him for the whole time. I was happy that I didnt fall for any monkey see monkey do, I better eat more, drink a coke, more, more more, take another diaz, etc etc
the guy I spoke of, who was in my mind, the beast of the show, ended up in last. Still looked sic though, just smooth, but bodybuilding is bodybuilding,(sorry-classic) and we all know a freak when we see one, and he was freaky at that moment, just had the glazed donut look onstage under the lights
Wow!

yea,,, I dont know what that is supposed to mean? If it means Im arguing with something that you stated, you are mistaken about that as well. what you stated isnt a fact, I was pointing out the information you posted is inaccurate. no opinion, no argument, just fact

It's quite simple, apart from the Olympia, is there any other pro show that takes place in 2 days in a row? I don't know of any.

This year's Olympia only had the bodybuilding open on Friday for the prejudging and on Saturday for the final. The rest of the divisions were either on Friday or Saturday. Fitness, Figure, WPD, 212, Classic and WBB were on Friday. MPD, Bikini, Wellness, Wheelchair on Saturday.

The Europa Games out of Texas (Betty Pariso runs it) is a 2 day show they split it up. Its mostly Amateur but I believe she has a couple of pro divisions compete that way. Any BIG pro show I can think of has always been a morning/evening show.

Idk why the change? I hate doing 2 day shows... peaking is much more complicated imo

I don't know if it was always like this with Olympia, I suppose the change was made at some point for commercial purposes to sell more tickets.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws