over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Show update.

lmt183

Registered
Couple low quality pics from my show this past weekend. Won my division, qualified for nationals. Wanted to thank the people here for the great feedback regarding peak week. Didn’t do anything fancy, slowly upped carbs and brought my best look to date on stage.

IMG_8120.JPG
Desperately need to learn posing better. Best advice? Hire a local coach to work with one on one? Thanks fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Regarding posing and choreography for the solo routines... there isn’t much of a good resource to get coaching locally for me. There is one guy who is supposedly good but he’s very short and is some kind of natty pro. I’m an NPC competitor on the taller side. 6 feet tall. Is it worth going to posing clinics then just practicing on my own? Or should I find time to make 1-on-1 appointments with a good coach to teach me? Of course there is always more to work on, and learn regarding diet, training etc... but as far as what is lagging the most in my bodybuilding game, it’s hands down presentation.

Outstanding work

posing is probably the most overlooked part in Bodybuilding , people don't realize how damn hard it is and how physically demanding. Posing also really helps bring better separation , I've seen guys that were in better shape lose to smaller less condition guys because their posing actually hid their better parts.

Great work bro.
You looked full, could be a tab leaner but you were spot on

I was scared to eat carbs coming into peak week and esp the day before my first show this year.....My second one, two weeks later, I ate more carbs and looked better, its all a learning process and wow you look conditioned, and full.

As beastmode mentioned you could be leaner, but you clearly did enough to win your class. Looks like your hammies and glutes are last to come in. Time to take it to the next level.

Last edited:
I was scared to eat carbs coming into peak week and esp the day before my first show this year.....My second one, two weeks later, I ate more carbs and looked better, its all a learning process and wow you look conditioned, and full.

As beastmode mentioned you could be leaner, but you clearly did enough to win your class. Looks like your hammies and glutes are last to come in. Time to take it to the next level.

I completely agree. There was even a small strip of fat on my lovehandle area I believe. Could have pushed the conditioning a little harder. Prob would have meant doing more of the same for 2-3 weeks (before I began to carb / glycogen load). Learned a lot from this prep though. Posing was the biggest lesson for me. I have fallen in love with the training / diet / lifestyle, but always seem to put off what can make such a big difference. Posing. I honestly feel fraudulent or like a disgraceful bodybuilder for neglecting this part of the sport so much. Thankfully, since I'm so bad, with proper guidance and practice I am bound to improve quickly. Also learned to trust what I have been doing during prep, and DONT GO CRAZY with huge changes in the last week. Play with carbs some, but do it slowly. I also decided against diuretics and really any sodium manipulation. For the first time I made sure I drank the exact same amount of water and had the exact same amount of sodium /potassium throughout the week... and time come thursday started making small adjustments on carbs sodium and water based on a)how i look b) how easily i can get a pump doing light light band exercises. Anyways, goal is to attend a national show, I am turning 35 next month so I can start to compete in sub masters is it now? I know I'm not pro caliber, but I'm at the point where I'd love to see how I stack up against the best of the best now. Done 3 NPC national qualifiers, won 'em all, never went to nationals. None of these were big shows, one of them I won being the only guy in the damn class, so I have no delusions of being some kind of big shot for winning. Anyways, sorry for the rant, totally on a high after the weekend.

I do not think you need to hire a coach, you just need time to practice, watch videos of tutorials and put in practique. Lee Labrada has a good serial in youtube, also Bob Cicherillo.

Learning to pose is difficult because due to diet and training, the competitor does not find enough energy and time to do it. But it is the only way.

Hire Kenny Wallach for FaceTime/skype posing sessions. Presentation is huge and having someone like him to work with to help tweak typical poses to your strong suits will make a huge difference.

You can learn the basics from a video, but to really hit that next level, you need a more personalized approach.

Looking good bro.

What was your stage weight? Height?

233.2 weigh in Friday night. Since I’m SHW I didn’t bother even bringing a scale. On stage I was likely 235-237. 6 feet flat.

Congrats Bro. WELLDONE!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member