over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Show us your home gym setup (pics)

Are the dip bars on the wall? I'd like to get some but the space I want to use is fairly tight now. A free standing dip station takes up too much room.
I found a picture of a foldable wall set up for doing dips. I think I got it off New York Barbell years ago. I just fabbed it myself with some 2” square tubing, 2-1/2 X 1/4” flat bar, and a 12” piece of 1” pipe sch. 80. The handles fold down to do your dips, then pull the pins, and fold em up out of the way.

29C63BA9-AF7D-46E8-B352-B71ED062036D.jpeg

4F867C45-06A7-4580-B8B4-370F445D61A4.jpeg

Nice set up Cage
Thank you sir! I had made an ice chest radio several years ago for floating down the rivers here. I use it for my tunes…. It has (4) 6.5” Kickers, (2) 6”x9” Kickers, (1) 10” JL Audio Sub, 750W JL Audio amp, powered by a 45ah battery. You can jam out with this cranked up for a solid 16hrs. So more than I need.

F75D4404-BA06-4148-AAB5-A4ED29F8C2AD.jpeg

D57DC30B-7D60-4E02-8322-5274625BBA36.jpeg

Thank you sir! I had made an ice chest radio several years ago for floating down the rivers here. I use it for my tunes…. It has (4) 6.5” Kickers, (2) 6”x9” Kickers, (1) 10” JL Audio Sub, 750W JL Audio amp, powered by a 45ah battery. You can jam out with this cranked up for a solid 16hrs. So more than I need.

View attachment 150425

View attachment 150426
Here’s better shots from when I put it together.. it was a 60qt igloo rolling cooler and I dipped it to give it some pop.

36F48CA5-DB10-4036-A8E8-A879D1AD1A75.jpeg
C1093662-724E-46A1-8236-896037C4B847.jpeg
9A0BCDCC-73DF-45F6-B620-0A37D3C470B9.jpeg
491CCD8F-C93B-4BF3-A611-D2147B7E31BA.jpeg
653C119C-CC6C-4295-988A-67F509C05305.jpeg
E18DBB8E-A39C-4BF6-9688-E3B2FCA959B6.jpeg

Cage99, that is an impressive setup. With the pandemic and the lasting lockdowns, I almost built myself a gym at home with the best compact home gym. I’ve got everything needed for my cardio and heavy lifting exercises, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I still go to the gym for the atmosphere and the chance to work out with my friends. But lately, I started working out at home more often, so I go to the gym 3 times per week and 2 times working out at home.

Cage99, that is an impressive setup. With the pandemic and the lasting lockdowns, I almost built myself a gym at home with the best compact home gym. I’ve got everything needed for my cardio and heavy lifting exercises, but there is still a lot of work to be done. I still go to the gym for the atmosphere and the chance to work out with my friends. But lately, I started working out at home more often, so I go to the gym 3 times per week and 2 times working out at home.
I always hated public gyms and this was back in the early 90’s. Too crowded, too many people bullshitting, etc. There’s no way I could step foot in one now with all the social media folks there. Makes my cringe!!!!

I made my move in like 2000, and purchased some cheap home gym from Academy for like $300ish, and purchased a 300lb Olympic weight set to go with it for anutha $300. After that I started buying used equipment off of Craigslist. Got killer deals too. Probably have 5,000 pounds in free weights by now. Over the years I’ve swapped out equipment for more space saving equipment. Love the fact that whenever I’m ready to workout all I gotta do is walk to my garage and get busy! And no dumb asses to deal with either!!!!

Cage

I really think you should get some more equipment. You have plenty of room 🥴

Really nice setup btw.
Since that pic I added a Titan squat leverage machine, Titan stealth leg press, Kabuki’s Transformer bar, 3 more specialty bars, modified some machines myself to do more stuff. Some other odds and ends. I’m always looking around for ways to modify my existing equipment.

Anything to stay out of public gyms!!!!!

Cage

Since that pic I added a Titan squat leverage machine, Titan stealth leg press, Kabuki’s Transformer bar, 3 more specialty bars, modified some machines myself to do more stuff. Some other odds and ends. I’m always looking around for ways to modify my existing equipment.

Anything to stay out of public gyms!!!!!

Cage
How do you like those two Titan pieces? I have their belt squat, but don't like that a whole lot. However, the Titan 300 lb pulldown machine is great!

@ELIMINATOR The Titan Leverage squat machine is great. Small footprint and very solid! If you have 100lb plates you can put a decent load on the sleeves. My back can’t handle heavy loads, and this machine doesn’t aggravate my lower back!

The stealth leg press is nice, but you really need to have 2-3’ of space behind the rack. This way it’s easier to load the plates onto it. My rack is up against the wall so I gotta squeeze in from the sides and load up the plates. I always bang my head doing it, and solid iron hurts!!!! But if you have the room then it’s great too!

As to the belt squat I’m looking at fabricating up one similar to Sorinex’s J-Squat. My rack is only 2-1/2” square tubing where Sorinex racks are 3” tubing. So I gotta modify mine to make it work.

Cage

Here's mine:

Attachments

• PXL_20220602_010400766.jpg
    PXL_20220602_010400766.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 14
@ELIMINATOR The Titan Leverage squat machine is great. Small footprint and very solid! If you have 100lb plates you can put a decent load on the sleeves. My back can’t handle heavy loads, and this machine doesn’t aggravate my lower back!

The stealth leg press is nice, but you really need to have 2-3’ of space behind the rack. This way it’s easier to load the plates onto it. My rack is up against the wall so I gotta squeeze in from the sides and load up the plates. I always bang my head doing it, and solid iron hurts!!!! But if you have the room then it’s great too!

As to the belt squat I’m looking at fabricating up one similar to Sorinex’s J-Squat. My rack is only 2-1/2” square tubing where Sorinex racks are 3” tubing. So I gotta modify mine to make it work.

Cage

Can I ask you a dumb question? Where do you put all your "garage stuff"? Yard tools, lawn mower, other random garage type stuff? Do you have a shed or something?

Can I ask you a dumb question? Where do you put all your "garage stuff"? Yard tools, lawn mower, other random garage type stuff? Do you have a shed or something?
I built a 14x16 shed in the back yard. It’s literally stuffed to the gills with tools/equipment. Had to add in a writer policy to cover all the equipment since it’s not a normal homeowner’s shed. Think I have the shed insured at $75K last time I checked.

I never paid people to do any work on my homes. Just bought whatever i needed to do the job. I’m just cheap I guess, and I enjoy trying new things construction wise. Started buying cheap ass tools at 17yrs old to just get me by, but as I’ve grown older and made more money I’ve upgraded everything to industrial grade equipment. My friends call it Home Depot on steroids. So they all come to borrow tools whenever they need one.

I can literally wander around northern tool, Home Depot, dewalt centers, etc for hours. I love tools!

Cage

My garage gym is on one side of a double garage. I put a wall up down the middle.
My tools and other things are in the other side, and I have 2 large sheds.

However unlike cage99, I am extremely lazy at my age when it comes to home projects, so I just pay people now. :sneaky:

I built a 14x16 shed in the back yard. It’s literally stuffed to the gills with tools/equipment. Had to add in a writer policy to cover all the equipment since it’s not a normal homeowner’s shed. Think I have the shed insured at $75K last time I checked.

I never paid people to do any work on my homes. Just bought whatever i needed to do the job. I’m just cheap I guess, and I enjoy trying new things construction wise. Started buying cheap ass tools at 17yrs old to just get me by, but as I’ve grown older and made more money I’ve upgraded everything to industrial grade equipment. My friends call it Home Depot on steroids. So they all come to borrow tools whenever they need one.

I can literally wander around northern tool, Home Depot, dewalt centers, etc for hours. I love tools!

Cage

Thanks! That is what I figured you'd say. We are trying to get our HOA to change the rules to allow sheds. Our garage is fairly well organized but I'd be able to add much more gym equipment and still keep room for one car if I could clear out all the tools and such to a shed. Thanks!

My garage gym is on one side of a double garage. I put a wall up down the middle.
My tools and other things are in the other side, and I have 2 large sheds.

However unlike cage99, I am extremely lazy at my age when it comes to home projects, so I just pay people now. :sneaky:

Ok cool deal I have the same setup minus the wall but one side is all gym stuff and the other is "garage stuff" + we have room to pull one car in. I'd love to move out all the yard equipment into a shed I'd have so much more dang room.

Thanks! That is what I figured you'd say. We are trying to get our HOA to change the rules to allow sheds. Our garage is fairly well organized but I'd be able to add much more gym equipment and still keep room for one car if I could clear out all the tools and such to a shed. Thanks!
Ahhhh, good Ol HOA’s… We had an HOA when I built this house back in 2007. However, the housing market crash of 2008 came thus causing the builder to go tits up. The HOA died for my hood in 2009. So now no unnecessary bullshit rules!

I like HOA’s cause they help keep neighborhoods clean and tidy. But some HOA’s are obscene!

Cage

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner