YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Siblings and "Royal Treatment" (need to vent!)

reebokrunner456

Registered
Just wondering who else out there is really shitted on by one/both of your folks, relative to how awesome your sibling(s) are treated.

In my case, my folks, (particularly my mom), treats my younger bro like he is god's gift to mankind and me like I'm a thorn in her side. I've pretty much gotten used to it, but every now and then, I have days (like today) where I want to tell her to fuck out of my life…

…bitch is pissed at me for not giving up my workout (on last minute notice, mind you) to join the family at a restaurant for my dad's B-day. "[Your] brother has time to join the family…"

No shit he does! Just like EVERY DAY, my bro gets to stay up late chillaxin, sleep in the next morning, go to the gym whenever the fuck he pleases (including today), cuz my folks let him live at home (at 26 yrs.), and don't make him get a job, while paying for his insurance as well as all his other expenses, not to mention GIVING him money each week to get wasted and party w/ friends and/or go golfing or on weekend outings.

And now I'm the "bad guy"/outcast for not joining the family for my dad's B-day!?! Fuck that! My bro got to sleep in, not have to go work, and workout at the gym for hours today; the least I deserve is my gym time as well, (without the guilt trip). Don't matter that it's my dad's B-day; my gym time/training is very important, and if my folks really wanted me to join the family, they could have at least had the decency of giving me advanced notice (nothing like asking me to come along a few hrs before they plan to go out!); I would have been more than happy to use a vacation day from work, if they told me ahead of time... but noooooo! As always, I'm the 'bad guy'/the one at fault.

Should be an awesome workout at least (it always is when I'm pissed off).

It's one workout bro! If family isn't worth skipping a workout, then what is? Family comes first...just my opinion of course

I would have gone to the birthday party. Just call it a rest day and continue your normal workouts tomorrow.

Every family has one that gets over like this. I would just have skipped it to and invite your dad to go another time with you and a friend date etc just you guys. Your brother can house sit no worries you did what I would have done. MM

Could very well be that since you're a girl, your parents/mother especially have a problem with the fact you're working out and taking - in their/her opinion - that "gym thing" too seriously?

Most people are very conservative and can't seem to understand why a girl would want to muscle up... hell, many even think guys trying to add size on their natural frame are ridiculous... :eek: :rolleyes:

What do you think? Is this the case here?

oh yeah.. been there done that.. my bro can shit on the popes lap and my mom would think it was cute.. but that being said, i still would have gone to the dinner.. but i do understand where you are coming from..

You should have made your dad's bday, that was pretty weak man. And, don't be jealous of your brother, he's 26 and lives at home...

Should have skipped the workout... Your Dad has a Bday once a year. The gym is open every friggin day. After reading some of the OPs posts... Well... Obsessive comes to mind. Really need to find some balance in your life:)

Last edited:
I'd ive skipped the workout too..but, My younger sis gets the royal treatment...I think the younger ones have it easier..
My dad footed the bill for her college, she got done got a high paying job in the rat race...wouldve had no problem paying off her loans...
Me, Im still paying my loans off 7 years later on a teachers salary...whatever.

Missing original point...

I hear and understand and agree with everyone's points/posts about going to her Dad's B-day.. BUT, to be fair to RR... I think the "principle" of RR's original point was lost- what set her off was her Mom throwing in the guilt trip of her spoiled brother, "HE can make it..."

Good catch Myosin!

Point on!!!

My thoughts on the matter are that if it were my father, I would have called my parents at least one week in advance to his birthday and asked them if they had anything planned. If my mother at that time said no, then I would not have felt as compelled to go to his dinner party. I must admit though that even if it had been a total surprise I would still have made it to the party. If it were about 3 years ago I probably would not have gone, but now that im 41 years old and have lived through a heart attack and look at life a lot differently now I would have been there no matter what. After all its just one day of lifting youd have to miss and in the long scheme of things it doesnt matter at all.

I think what this comes down to is that the poster feels discriminated against and outcast, which is totally understandable by the situation with how they treat her brother compared to her. I do think though that she should try to forget the past and give them another chance and show them some love/caring. You only get one set of parents in your life and family usually is the only thing in life you can count on, please dont turn your back to them.

i disowned my family and half my wifes. my wife and kid come first and if nobody likes that they can XXXX off. <----- don't like to swear in front of the ladies, lol.

As I Father, I know how much time & effort I have invested in my children. If they didnt think enough of me to skip the gym for one day, on my Bday(the same day every year. No surprises), after all we have done together.... I would be sad/disappointed(understatement). That is(should be) the main fact here. Who cares about a spoiled sibling. Time to grow up(both of you). Lets not be short-sighted. Not trying to be out of line. I have a good relationship w/ my family. I would never let one of them down like that. (Hmm, should I squat or show respect to to one of the people who gave me life...) If thats not your case, Im sorry for speaking in your thread.

I hear and understand and agree with everyone's points/posts about going to her Dad's B-day.. BUT, to be fair to RR... I think the "principle" of RR's original point was lost- what set her off was her Mom throwing in the guilt trip of her spoiled brother, "HE can make it..."
Thank you myosin, and AD; it's definitely about principle.

oh yeah.. been there done that.. my bro can shit on the popes lap and my mom would think it was cute..
LOL literally! But I bet if you did the same, you'd be top on your mom's shit list.

Could very well be that since you're a girl, your parents/mother especially have a problem with the fact you're working out and taking - in their/her opinion - that "gym thing" too seriously?

Most people are very conservative and can't seem to understand why a girl would want to muscle up... hell, many even think guys trying to add size on their natural frame are ridiculous... :eek: :rolleyes:

What do you think? Is this the case here?
Nah, when I was setting track/CC records in high school, (and gave my folks something to brag about), they would chauffer me to gym any day of the year.

My thoughts on the matter are that if it were my father, I would have called my parents at least one week in advance to his birthday and asked them if they had anything planned. If my mother at that time said no, then I would not have felt as compelled to go to his dinner party. I must admit though that even if it had been a total surprise I would still have made it to the party. If it were about 3 years ago I probably would not have gone, but now that im 41 years old and have lived through a heart attack and look at life a lot differently now I would have been there no matter what. After all its just one day of lifting youd have to miss and in the long scheme of things it doesnt matter at all.

I think what this comes down to is that the poster feels discriminated against and outcast, which is totally understandable by the situation with how they treat her brother compared to her. I do think though that she should try to forget the past and give them another chance and show them some love/caring. You only get one set of parents in your life and family usually is the only thing in life you can count on, please dont turn your back to them.
Thanks for seeing where I'm coming from. My folks NEVER plan b-day things (or almost anything) more than a day or two in advance. They do almost everything last minute/on a whim.

Who cares about a spoiled sibling.
You apparently have never been in my situation (or maybe you were the spoiled sibling).

I'd ive skipped the workout too..but, My younger sis gets the royal treatment...I think the younger ones have it easier..
My dad footed the bill for her college, she got done got a high paying job in the rat race...wouldve had no problem paying off her loans...
Me, Im still paying my loans off 7 years later on a teachers salary...whatever.
OUCH!!! And that kind of "equal" treatment doesn't make your blood boil!?!

You apparently have never been in my situation (or maybe you were the spoiled sibling).

Correct. I have never been in your situation. Id never skip out on a Loved one. I would drop whatever I was doing if I thought Family or Friends needed or wanted my time, assistance, money, etc.. Hope it worked out for you:)

I got the idea of the original post bro, I know where you're comming from. I grew up with the same thing. Never got a dime. Had to work for everything while my bros got it all.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws