YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sick of bread, sick of tuna, sick of deli meats, sick of boiled eggs..need lunch help

waynaferd

Banned
!!!!!!!!!! <-- Those wouldn't fit in the title :D

For probably 5 years now, I've been bringing my own lunch to work. Usually consists of a PB sandwich then two of either egg salad, tuna, ham/turkey, or chicken breast. I've tried different dressings, spices, and cheeses, but its the same ole, same ole.

Anyways, I'm gotdam sick of sandwiches (not the PB and J tho :D ) but really can't think of nuttin' else to bring.

I'm usually stuck in a truck or a rail yard or oil terminal and no microwave access, and hitting up C-stores and fast foods is a worse and more expensive option.

I've tried salad on occasion but it really doesn't hit the spot, cold pizza is a bad idea, and a plain old chicken breast is also tiring.

What do you guys do? What its you lunchbox, lunchpail, dinner bucket, or what have you?

I need some new ideas or I need to start I-F during work LOL

Thanks!!

For probably 5 years now, I've been bringing my own lunch to work. Usually consists of a PB sandwich then two of either egg salad, tuna, ham/turkey, or chicken breast. I've tried different dressings, spices, and cheeses, but its the same ole, same ole.

Anyways, I'm gotdam sick of sandwiches (not the PB and J tho :D ) but really can't think of nuttin' else to bring.

I'm usually stuck in a truck or a rail yard or oil terminal and no microwave access, and hitting up C-stores and fast foods is a worse and more expensive option.

I've tried salad on occasion but it really doesn't hit the spot, cold pizza is a bad idea, and a plain old chicken breast is also tiring.

What do you guys do? What its you lunchbox, lunchpail, dinner bucket, or what have you?

Thanks!!

Hate sandwiches too, plus lunch meat and bread isn't that great anyway.

I'd take cold leftovers from tupperware over sandwiches any day. Just prepare a decent meal at night and make extra. Portion it out. Homemade broccoli beef with brown rice, tuna helper, shit like that. When the wife makes dinner I have her do extra chicken or steak, whatever it is.

Fast food will have you fat in no time.

your sick of bread? fuck you!

Sorry I'm on a low carb diet :(

I'm here to the rescue

Recipe
raw steak (how much you need)
1/2 teaspoon beef broth
Good amount garlic powder
Good amount parsley
Good amount chirashi (hot sauce)
Small touch pepper
1tbl spoon red or white wine vinegar
1cup water
Throw all in sauce pan an heat at 6-7 until it makes a sauce serve over basmati rice with some lemon

(This takes me 10 minutes to make everymorning before work)

Tastes just as good hot cold or warm

One idea I use and that holds pretty well for lunch is ground turkey. So get a 2lb container of 93% lean, cook it in a pan. Drain any fat, put it back in the pan, add some taco seasoning and water, let it simmer for like 10 minutes. Then just measure out what you need in tupperware container. Taste good eating it out of the bowl, on lettuce, if you cheating a bit, throw it in tortilla.

Lucky me I work 1/4 mile from my house so I just come home and cook whatever I want. Gotta let the dog out anyway

since a lot of people are suggesting you eat rice as your carb source but you also said you dont have access to heat the meal up. thought I would suggest using a short grain rice over long grain. long grain rice when its cold gets really hard and sucks to eat in my opinion, short grain doesnt do that.

I would say do a stir fry using chow mein noodles I actually perfer mine cold to warm

Suck it up and eat food cold. Thats what I had to do for a few months. When you work outside, and no access to microwave or your stuck in a truck all day, what can you do?

Suck it up and eat food cold. Thats what I had to do for a few months. When you work outside, and no access to microwave or your stuck in a truck all day, what can you do?

...put it under the hood and let the engine warm it up :cool:

Chicken and quinoa are a favorite of mine-tastes good hot or cold-i can give you a recipe if you want-its really tasty.

Thanks!!

I like chicken and quinoa-tastes good hot or cold...i can fwd a recipe to you if you like...

I dont know how you managed 5 years of the same things. Ive been eating pretty much the same except no pbj. Im sick of that shit after only a month! To tell ya the truth im almost sick of eating period!

I did get a little break by turning to pork though. I know its fattier... but its better than going crazy and eating fast food. I got a quarter ham pre cooked from the grociery store for only 2.99lb and found that its pretty good cold or hot. Eating it in chunks somehow feels better than slices because im sick of lunch meat also. Add a little pineapple and ur gtg.

P.S I do the cold pizza though also. Depending on what kind you have... its really not that bad at all.

Last edited:
Fresh and Easy

Fresh and Easy has premaid meals that are decent. Some of my cheat replacements are plantain chips with salsa rather than chips and dip, artic freeze ice cream 150 calories per pint, 95% dark chocalate bar and the jalepano or salt and vinegar almonds instead of raw. These help break up the week and the monotony of eating chicken and veggies.

Put converter box in your truck to run a small microwave oven!!

Then your options are unlimited!!!!!

I make a amazing all organic grass fed beef chili. YOu can get evrything at Trader Joe's

4 lbs Grass Fed ground beef - brown and drain excess fat (I put it on my dogs food - he loves me :D)
2 cans Organic black beans
2 cans Organic Pinto beans (You can use any beans you like)
2-3 cans Organic tomato sauce (add amount depending on how thick you like your chili)
2-3 cans Organic diced tomatos with green chilis (ditto)

Chili powder and sea salt to taste

Then I will mix in some boccolli and or brown rice depending on what macros I want.

This will get you 6 meals or so!!

Can not wait to try some of the recipes posted!

You guys have better recipes, Usually I cook korean food.

So if you have a problem bc of microwave etc. There are some japanese luch boxes (looks like a big cylinder) and if you put colds or hots it will keep them like that for about 6 hrs. I kid you not that shit works.

I believe I bought it at amazon by the same company that makes the expensive rice cooker "zohiritzu" or something like that, their logo is an elephant.

And it has 4 different toperware so it can fit quite a bit of food.

hardest part of looking good is eating good.. just like coleman said when he retired, he was never eating or drinking a protein shake again

Put converter box in your truck to run a small microwave oven!!

Then your options are unlimited!!!!!

I make a amazing all organic grass fed beef chili. YOu can get evrything at Trader Joe's

4 lbs Grass Fed ground beef - brown and drain excess fat (I put it on my dogs food - he loves me :D)
2 cans Organic black beans
2 cans Organic Pinto beans (You can use any beans you like)
2-3 cans Organic tomato sauce (add amount depending on how thick you like your chili)
2-3 cans Organic diced tomatos with green chilis (ditto)

Chili powder and sea salt to taste

Then I will mix in some boccolli and or brown rice depending on what macros I want.

This will get you 6 meals or so!!

Yes to this. Trader fucking joes

I get pre made chicken there in a packet the one with no oils and added flavors there. Throw that on there pre made salad in two seconds. Lunch. I'm on a cut so haven't been looking into the carbs there just discovered this gem of a place.

Yes to this. Trader fucking joes

I get pre made chicken there in a packet the one with no oils and added flavors there. Throw that on there pre made salad in two seconds. Lunch. I'm on a cut so haven't been looking into the carbs there just discovered this gem of a place.

I mean pre made carbs

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner