over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sick w flu? how do you eat?

maxsupplements

Registered
guys, i have been sicker than shit lately. since friday i have had an on off fever of 100-101 up until this morning. during this time, i couldnt keep ANYTHING down. only crackers.. tried protein shakes, RIGHT BACK UP. tried some bland chicken, RIGHT BACK UP. i dont know what to do. its killing me here.. even tried plain, unseasoned egg whites.. PUKE....

what do you guys do when you cant hold food down? i feel like i have lost all the damn water in my system...
:confused:

I turn it around in my head and make something positive out of it. Simone and I look at the flu and sickness as great diet starters. ;)

I've just got better from tonsilitis, so i understand how you feel!

Keep sipping tap water, not much at a time, but you'll work your way through pints throughout the day. I've been eating chocolate, little nibbles here and there, just for the calories. Don't expect to be eating 'normal food'.

Fruit juice is good, otherwise eating spoonfulls of sugar is a good way to keep you energy up over the short term, but not good long term.

Kaiser said:
I turn it around in my head and make something positive out of it. Simone and I look at the flu and sickness as great diet starters. ;)

good one! :D

maxsupplements said:
guys, i have been sicker than shit lately. since friday i have had an on off fever of 100-101 up until this morning. during this time, i couldnt keep ANYTHING down. only crackers.. tried protein shakes, RIGHT BACK UP. tried some bland chicken, RIGHT BACK UP. i dont know what to do. its killing me here.. even tried plain, unseasoned egg whites.. PUKE....

what do you guys do when you cant hold food down? i feel like i have lost all the damn water in my system...
:confused:
Maybe it's food poisoning. Too many people jump to the conclution of the flu. Food poisoning, even minor, is more common than you think. Its funny cuz it has the same symptoms as "the flu".

If you get it in the summer it's the "cold", if you get it in the winter- it's the "flu". :rolleyes: Welcome to America.

Putin said:
Maybe it's food poisoning. Too many people jump to the conclution of the flu. Food poisoning, even minor, is more common than you think. Its funny cuz it has the same symptoms as "the flu".

If you get it in the summer it's the "cold", if you get it in the winter- it's the "flu". :rolleyes: Welcome to America.
Good call, that is very likely

you might be very right

and thats what i first diagnosed it at. but at first friday i started to feel sick. then friday nite the puking started, and continued til saturday morning. duriong those times i was the hungriest, and could NOT stop the hunger pains. like really bad.. but how long does food poisoning last? hell, we are going on 4 days of fever here.. its fucking nuts. i will say, i started getting a sinus infection on sunday, and yesterday it got worse, all with the fever and all tied together. so, i went ahead to take some antibiotics. hell, i was delirious. i couldnt sleep a minute! im dizzy, weak. and hell, only thing i am able to keep down is crackers and gatorade. now the shits started in yesterday..

im at a loss guys. mentally, and physically. i havent stepped on the scales, but i LOOK 20 lbs lighter. NOT WHAT I WANT. i am already dieted to 9%bf, and i imagine i am just burning PURE muscle right now.

if you have any ideas, please help. its killing me..:(

Stop worrying about what you look like and get yourself to the doctor/hospital before you become severely dehydrated and your life is at risk. 4 days of puking and diarhea is a bad sign.

Seriously you better get some pedialyte and get rehydrated. At this point keeping food down is the least of your worries... especially when you can't pee anymore because you are so dehydrated

maxsupplements said:
and thats what i first diagnosed it at. but at first friday i started to feel sick. then friday nite the puking started, and continued til saturday morning. duriong those times i was the hungriest, and could NOT stop the hunger pains. like really bad.. but how long does food poisoning last? hell, we are going on 4 days of fever here.. its fucking nuts. i will say, i started getting a sinus infection on sunday, and yesterday it got worse, all with the fever and all tied together. so, i went ahead to take some antibiotics. hell, i was delirious. i couldnt sleep a minute! im dizzy, weak. and hell, only thing i am able to keep down is crackers and gatorade. now the shits started in yesterday..

im at a loss guys. mentally, and physically. i havent stepped on the scales, but i LOOK 20 lbs lighter. NOT WHAT I WANT. i am already dieted to 9%bf, and i imagine i am just burning PURE muscle right now.

if you have any ideas, please help. its killing me..:(
My wife got food poisoning, minor, but still bad, from my mothers cooking. SO, it was either moms cooking or the pizza. So, I ATE what SHE ATE lol and guess what, about 2hrs later my stomach started growling. The next afternoon I started to feel sick, then the shits started after dinner, and thruout the night I felt nausious and only puked once. For the REST of the WEEK, from MONDAY til FRIDAY, I couldnt keep anything down. Water, Food, it came straight down the toilet. I ended up losing 10lbs that week, probably all water.

Before that, my wife had it the worst, she couldnt get out of bed, kept puking ALL DAY and NIGHT. She could eat few days later though and I couldnt. I dont remember having a fever, I could care less if I did. The nausia was the worst thing ever, we both felt like we're dying, horrible.

First thing that started was the stomach.

You should BRING DOWN THE FEVER, take some tylenol. You dont want it high for days, it's bad.

thebrick said:
Seriously you better get some pedialyte and get rehydrated. At this point keeping food down is the least of your worries... especially when you can't pee anymore because you are so dehydrated
well, i have been taking in plenty of water and gatorade. its the protein that has been the hardest. now, the puking has not been going on for 4 days. but the runs has finally stopped today. actually, just this afternoon, the fever TOTALLY broke in a nap. hell, i woke up in my flannels, just drenched. and i felt like alot better... it was nice but at the same time, i was finally hungry, and got some real SOLID food in (wheat bread & turkey only)

thanks for all your concern fellas. i will take all these ideas to mind next time this happens.. pretty sure it was the food poisoning.. just all the same symptoms after i did some research..

maxsupplements said:
well, i have been taking in plenty of water and gatorade. its the protein that has been the hardest. now, the puking has not been going on for 4 days. but the runs has finally stopped today. actually, just this afternoon, the fever TOTALLY broke in a nap. hell, i woke up in my flannels, just drenched. and i felt like alot better... it was nice but at the same time, i was finally hungry, and got some real SOLID food in (wheat bread & turkey only)

thanks for all your concern fellas. i will take all these ideas to mind next time this happens.. pretty sure it was the food poisoning.. just all the same symptoms after i did some research..
It's either food poisoning or lower GI virus. Had the same symptoms some time back. It was going right through town at the time. Keep up the water and gatorade, forget the protein for now. Let this thing clear out of your system. The doctor told me to drink gatorade and full strength coke, every hour. It took some days but it cleared.

bro go to the ER and they will give u a shot and put an IV on you and 6 hours later u are good to go.just dont try to eat for all the days u didn't eat at one serving.start slow .trust me i seem to find every stomach virus that go's around.ER helps all the time

I'm recovering with pneumonia, so I kinda know how you feel. Despite doing what I can, I've already started losing serious weight, not to mention looking flat and pale as hell, skin and hair getting bad from the antibiotics etc.

Bottom line - you gotta get your nutrition any way you can when you're in that situation. Shakes (slowly sipping) work for me, and you might want to add in some peanut butter or similar to get the cals up. It's not ideal, but in between trying to keep down meals, get something down.

And really try to keep your fluids up. Good luck, hope you feel better soon. IronMike

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear