over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sickness

Darkpassenger

Registered
I have come down with mono somehow. I can not lift until it goes away. But I was wondering if any of y'all know anything that could speed up my recovery or anyone that has suffered though this too?

Sorry to tell you this bro as the Dr had already told you probably..... You're screwed for a month or longer. I had for almost a month and a half when when I was in junior high Goodluck drank plenty of liquids

I had that in High School. I started lifting seriously back then and I did manage to only take about 2 weeks off from it. I had to force myself back to it a little bit at first but after a day or two you will actually feel better, that is if you took enough time off to recover.

Its not going to be as bad as you think. Just get lots of rest.

I've had this for at least a month before being diagnosed... so hopefully it goes away soon. I'm going to try and ease back into lifting then here in a week or so. Thanks for the input. Haha and yes it feels like I could turn into Rip Van Winkle at the rate I'm going.

Yeah at this point you just chalk it up as a life trial. You will come back in a few weeks time and yes you'll be smaller and weaker. But we all know the body can quickly return to previous levels of strength and conditioning. Even if your break were to be say 2 months, I'd bet in 3 weeks time you re-regulate.
Just focus on recovery for now, in the grand scheme that trumps the 35lbs you lose on your bench or the 3/4 of an inch your arms might shrink

i know you gotta drink a lot of water, sorry to hear about your sickness bro, i hope you recover soon so you can get back to doing your t hing.

I have come down with mono somehow. I can not lift until it goes away. But I was wondering if any of y'all know anything that could speed up my recovery or anyone that has suffered though this too?

Something you will most likely just have to ride the course out. Did the doctor give you any meds?

Get some Monolaurin.....contains lauric acid which is a natural anti-viral. It may shorten the length of viral infection. coconut oil is also very high in lauric acid and a good idea. But, most previous posts are right... sit back and do the best you can. Recovery, sleep, nutrients. My two cents.

Something you will most likely just have to ride the course out. Did the doctor give you any meds?

Alin, since its a virus apparently there are no medications that can help in the recovery. I'm kind of flattered you posted on my thread though!

Get some Monolaurin.....contains lauric acid which is a natural anti-viral. It may shorten the length of viral infection. coconut oil is also very high in lauric acid and a good idea. But, most previous posts are right... sit back and do the best you can. Recovery, sleep, nutrients. My two cents.

Doctorwest, I will definitely look into getting some of that. At the moment I am popping Vitamin C like candy because the body can supposedly absorb more during this type of sickness.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in!

Never had it, sorry about ur luck. Get well soon.

Mono is caused by EBV (epstein barr virus) and since it is a virus there is no antibiotic per say. However, since you are dependent on your own body immune system to fight the virus all and every ammunition you give your body to fight viruses will help. Vit C is probably on of the weakest and most over used antioxidants on the market. Yes it is an antioxidant but its rating is at the bottom of the pile. Try to have a cup/bowl of blueberries, a glass of pomegranate juice daily, along with 3gr of high quality omega 3 daily which helps in inflammation. Any combination of CoQ10 or astaxanthin will also aid greatly since they are some of the best antioxidant that we know of to this day. The rest is to cross your fingers and get plenty of rest and hope for the best.

Alpha, I had no clue that vit c was so low on the Totem pole. I have been taking my omega 3 along with vit c but I will make sure to add the blueberries in the mix. So glad people on this board have knowledge about pretty much everything. Couldn't ask for a better resource.

**broken link removed**

Here is a list of some of the top antioxidant foods. Notice that orange (good amount of Vit C) is not even listed on there cause its ORAC rating is very low.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131