over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Side delt machine

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone use this? My gym has one but I've always stayed away because I don't think it's as effective as dumbbells, cables, rows. But with a minor forearm injury I've been using it and just not a fan. It seems good because you can get stronger and progress but I don't really feel it in my delts no matter how I position my arms trying to simulate a lateral raise.

I’m a big fan of cuffed side cable raises.

The machine lateral raise really braces you in, thus may be effective for those who have problems with form (momentum). Also, good if you have nagging elbow issues.

Anyone use this? My gym has one but I've always stayed away because I don't think it's as effective as dumbbells, cables, rows. But with a minor forearm injury I've been using it and just not a fan. It seems good because you can get stronger and progress but I don't really feel it in my delts no matter how I position my arms trying to simulate a lateral raise.
Love them. Nice resistance through the full range of motion.

Free tip . . . sit with your back to the machine, reverse of how it was designed. You can’t hold on to anything which is great for really isolating the delts. Keep the reps ~20 and you will be a happy camper.

I like them. Try keeping your elbows back more, in line with your torso, not too much out in front of you.
this is a good tip, I was actually trying to have my arms infront to simulate how I do a lateral raise. Also tried arms in front similar to how I do an upright row. I assumed we shouldn't do them to deep (with arms in line with torso) but will have to try it.

I love this machine. my shoulders are badly messed up and I can't do the Db version without shrugging my shoulder on the right side. With the machine I can do the movement without shrugging. Anyway, I like to not hold on to anything while using the machine. In other words, I'm pushing through the elbows the whole time, which is how you want to do the movement anyway. For this reason, I think the machine version is superior to DBs. Someone mentioned cuffed cable laterals, also great (same idea).

Yes I love em. Here is a cool vid of Dusty Hanshaw using one with Dante Trudel coaching.

I see one at my gym but haven't used one in many years. I like the idea of using machines here and there especially to avoid injury or avoid using a healing area. I think if you use it a few more times you will dial in how you like it.

Try this:
3 sets heavier, overload style while holding the handles
3 sets lighter , but keep you arms/elbows straight-ish (You feel it more this way.)

If it's a good machine (which it apparently isn't) then I can only say it is superior to everything else except maybe cable side laterals.

I'd wish my gym had one 😢

I’m a big fan of cuffed side cable raises.

The machine lateral raise really braces you in, thus may be effective for those who have problems with form (momentum). Also, good if you have nagging elbow issues.
Very good exercise for the medial delts yes.

I love this machine. my shoulders are badly messed up and I can't do the Db version without shrugging my shoulder on the right side. With the machine I can do the movement without shrugging. Anyway, I like to not hold on to anything while using the machine. In other words, I'm pushing through the elbows the whole time, which is how you want to do the movement anyway. For this reason, I think the machine version is superior to DBs. Someone mentioned cuffed cable laterals, also great (same idea).
Spot on bro 👍

I can't believe with everything we know today that people still opt for dumbbell side laterals. The resistance profile sucks.

I like them. Try keeping your elbows back more, in line with your torso, not too much out in front of you
Eccellent tip.
Also, to prevent any momentum and really squeeze and isolate the lateral delt, place your chest on the Backrest with your torso slightly bent forward.

I really prefer cable y raises to cable laterals
Great exercise. I work rear delt with back and side on push day, can't figure out what day to throw them in. Seems like most guys use them to build the side delt vs rear?

Yes I love em. Here is a cool vid of Dusty Hanshaw using one with Dante Trudel coaching.
That Trifuckta set-up that Dante had him doing is awesome. I wish I had the machine at my home gym. Ditto what Shelby stated.

Great exercise. I work rear delt with back and side on push day, can't figure out what day to throw them in. Seems like most guys use them to build the side delt vs rear?
Yes, medial delt

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc