over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

side lateral issues

Try these

I'm going to start these, never even crossed my mind.

I think this is will be beneficial for someone like me one has calcification and a small tendon in my shoulder. It hurts when i do a full range of motion, but not partial.

Thanks for sharing.

I think this is will be beneficial for someone like me one has calcification and a small tendon in my shoulder. It hurts when i do a full range of motion, but not partial.

Thanks for sharing.
doing bent over rows this way for rear delts is awesome too! Lay down on a high incline bench and do them in the 30-40 rep range as heavy as possible. just swing away until it hurts so much you cant move your arms any more. I learned these from Dusty Hanshaw and John Meadows and theyve made the single biggest difference in my rear delts.

What i like to do with the side lateral partials is first do very strict slow reps with a lighter weight in the 20-25 pound range with perfect form, and then get some heavy dumbells and do the partials until i cant move anymore.

Anyone ever do laterals with palms facing forward instead of down?
It's harder with dumbbells but with a cable OMG.
The squeeze ime is better than standard hand position (palms facing down)
Try it without weights...do the standard palms down for one rep and then palms forward for another. You'll feel the difference...I do.

doing bent over rows this way for rear delts is awesome too! Lay down on a high incline bench and do them in the 30-40 rep range as heavy as possible. just swing away until it hurts so much you cant move your arms any more. I learned these from Dusty Hanshaw and John Meadows and theyve made the single biggest difference in my rear delts.

What i like to do with the side lateral partials is first do very strict slow reps with a lighter weight in the 20-25 pound range with perfect form, and then get some heavy dumbells and do the partials until i cant move anymore.

Same, hanging swings. Brutal. Learned from John Meadows to also train rear delts first.

bollocks...heaven forbid u may get a little trap contraction in there. I don’t see that as a big deal...it’s a muscle at work. thats my goal. if i can get some secondary stimulus on an adjacent muscle then great. Fuck trying to isolate the delts, id go as heavy as fuck, seated, and get out 6 good reps 2x and then do like a drop set or a double rest pause last set. i don’t t like isolation movements for growth.

XD

Some of us have massive traps that dominate everything. I mean, not me. But surely theres at least one of us here with that "problem".

bollocks...heaven forbid u may get a little trap contraction in there. I don’t see that as a big deal...it’s a muscle at work. thats my goal. if i can get some secondary stimulus on an adjacent muscle then great. Fuck trying to isolate the delts, id go as heavy as fuck, seated, and get out 6 good reps 2x and then do like a drop set or a double rest pause last set. i don’t t like isolation movements for growth.

Only time I ever felt mine working was when I got sloppy trying to use too much weight or at the very end of the set when I cheat them up some. That's when you start to get your torso moving some. Like a few others said, do it on a machine if you can and if you don't have that then at least do them seated.

1/4 side laterals
This makes sense but I love that feeling of doing side delts or cross over cable lateral and feeling your traps and the whole area just tight as fuck. I purposely squeeze them at the top of the movement once the delts are out of play. I get hard thinking about it. Close-grip pulldowns work my traps well too. I like exercises that his multiple parts of the body though. That just makes more sense me to and it works pretty good for me.

If you do not have a cable, use resistance bands.

I like to make the lateral raises on a bench with an 45 grade inclination, as in a chest press, but I position myself face down.

This is what worked best for me. I used high reps and had to drop weights way down but my delts grew.

Attachments

• vince-gironda-lateral-raise.png
    vince-gironda-lateral-raise.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 26
Instead or thinking sabot trying to lift the weight up I work on trying to swing it out in an arc as if I am trying to push it away from me. Which helps me keep the traps out of it. And I just try to think about where my elbows end up since that is the bone I am trying to move and isolate.

Thanks for sharing.
I do these since ive had two shoulder surgeries and they are effective

No problem man. I love heavy partial laterals. For some reason full range of motion laterals really bother my right elbow, but these don’t

i can't really get my one arm parallel to the floor without shrugging that shoulder. i suspect i tore my rotator cuff when i was a kid. it sucks. i have been using partial side laterals, just cutting the rep short right before i have to shrug. it pisses me off but i can't move properly anymore.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws