over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Silly Doctors

Jblack

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
So I go for my blood work and my yearly appointment to my cardiologist...first a little history. Both sides of my family have high blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and just crappy hearts in general, but everyone lives to be in their freakin 90's. So I got the high blood pressure...basically from 122 over 66 to 141 over 77 is my normal readings depending upon the time of the day and what I am doing.

I go for my labs last week and my general practioner calls me back and is like dude your blood work is awesome..my cholesterol is even on the low side..total 114 count. He wants my LDL up a bit more, but overall he was very happy. My liver and kidneys all came back 38 and 49 respectively, so he was thrilled there too.

So I go see the cardiologist yesterday for my routine echocardiogram. My cardiologist walks in and was like everything looks great, you managed to even bring your slightly enlarged endothelial walls back to the normal range due to a better control of your bp and such. Then comes the boom! However, these steroids are going to kill you. Yep suddenly KILL YOU JEFF if you do not get off of them and all your supplements and commit to a healthy life. I proceeded to laugh which really pissed him off. I said look bro I don't do over 1g a week of everything getting ready for a show..WAIT FOR IT HERE IS THE KICKER! He proceeds to then say well I don't know if that is a lot or a little!!

Ok at this point I was like I did everything you asked last year and more...you told me and the dude doing my Echo that my heart and everything looks healthy and great...now your are lecturing me on something you do no know about? So at that point we agreed to disagree...

Needless to say I realized that here I am very honest about everything I take and do and tell them it is pretty much for my bone disease so I can compete without breaking every bone in my body and wham, you are immediatley a stupid risk taker.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my vent...my cardiologist is damn good that is why I go to him, but I think maybe in the back of his mind he had to question how I managed to become healthier while doing something he views as the devil.

Welcome to the world of professional ignorance. Most Dr's do not know anything about aas or what they can and cannot do for people. Some only know that at prescribed doses they will help certain disorders. But it usually stops there. Few know that TRT is a GOOD THING FOR MEN and fewer still know how to use them like we do. I am not saying that we know what the hell we are doing but it sure seems to me that we engage in real time research in this area. But You better lay off the krispy cream donuts J or they will make you happy!!! LOL. Seems to me that you have really proven something to not only the medical community but this community as well Mr. Black. You are one hell of a guy.!!;):D Just keep doing what you are doing and tell the doc to go have another cigarette!!

after a dr i went to see read me the riot act about using illegal test, she proceeded to tell me lyle alzado died from testicular cancer, i laughed at her.............most of them have been in a book their whole life, they know nothing of the outside world, let alone proper aas use

oh yeah, then i got a letter in the mail saying she no longer would be my dr, im crushed

Why do people insist on telling their Dr's that they are using illegal drugs?

Agree. They are doctors, Im sure they can figure it out, but I would NEVER tell them... Insurance companies have access to that info. Imagine a time in the future when your insurance drops you, and another wont insure you....

Agree. They are doctors, Im sure they can figure it out, but I would NEVER tell them... Insurance companies have access to that info. Imagine a time in the future when your insurance drops you, and another wont insure you....

Exactly, plus if anything health wise does go wrong the treament will be no different except for the Dr telling you to "get off the steroids". I know of one guy who lost a 100k plus a year job because of this. He couldn't get insured thru the company and his med chart had about 12 different drugs in it. Imagine how this is going to look to some guy at the insurance company. You will be looked at no differently than a cocaine addict, probabley worse.

Yeah, silly doctors - makes you wonder why they spent 4 years in college doing A work, 4 years in med school, 4-infinity years in residency and fellowship and on and on, seeing thousands and thousands of patients - why they shuold've all just been bodybuilders instead - they'd know so much more!

I case anyone missed it, this was sarcasm...

Don't tell them

IMHO it's difficult to justify taking higher doses of aas. Ummm, let's say 250 per week and say it's beneficial. And I'm certainly guilty myself. But don't have that written into your medical records. I work in health care and I would never tell my doc I take aas. Unless it's 100 percent MD prescribed. And then I still don't want it in my records. It's just not smart.

Just try to ignore the fat, cig smoking doctors lectures on health

just dont go to the doctor

(this was sarcasm too)

:cool:

Welcome to the world of professional ignorance. Most Dr's do not know anything about aas or what they can and cannot do for people. Some only know that at prescribed doses they will help certain disorders. But it usually stops there. Few know that TRT is a GOOD THING FOR MEN and fewer still know how to use them like we do. I am not saying that we know what the hell we are doing but it sure seems to me that we engage in real time research in this area. But You better lay off the krispy cream donuts J or they will make you happy!!! LOL. Seems to me that you have really proven something to not only the medical community but this community as well Mr. Black. You are one hell of a guy.!!;):D Just keep doing what you are doing and tell the doc to go have another cigarette!!

Yeah, silly doctors - makes you wonder why they spent 4 years in college doing A work, 4 years in med school, 4-infinity years in residency and fellowship and on and on, seeing thousands and thousands of patients - why they shuold've all just been bodybuilders instead - they'd know so much more!

I case anyone missed it, this was sarcasm...

of course i agree with both you of, most doctors are just plain stupid. there is no better word to describe them. rich parents paying for med school doesnt mean they know anything. there are always a few good ones out there, but i would imagine that most of them arent worth crap

upon deeper thinking, i realized that its not so much the doctors fault, the fault lies in our governement. a government which allows anyone to sue for anything - and win!!!! this in turn forces doctors to have massive amounts of malpractice insurance. insurance is the real reason behind this crap.

lets say that doctor doesn't tell you that they will kill you. then -god forbid - you randomly die from some completely unrelated issue. well someone is going to sue, and with media hype the way it is, steroids will be blamed. the doctor would be deemed incompetent for NOT telling you to stop taking them. he loses his license. he and his insurance get sued

maybe that doctor in his mind knew that was as stupid thing to tell you, he knows they wont kill you. he knows that you know, etc..

he HAS to say it, just for that 1 in 100000 million shot, because of insurance, suing, malpractice, media, government. he HAS to purposefully sound stupid to alleviate himself of risk.

I could see two sides to this argument. You certainly don't want private info out there and then to be on public record. But then, what do you say when your doc wants to order unnecessary tests (sometimes very unpleasant procedures) because of (what seems to him) a medical abnormality? i.e. overly elevated hematocrit?

I could see two sides to this argument. You certainly don't want private info out there and then to be on public record. But then, what do you say when your doc wants to order unnecessary tests (sometimes very unpleasant procedures) because of (what seems to him) a medical abnormality? i.e. overly elevated hematocrit?

exactly, whoops, your test is 1600................were gonna have to lower the trt dose..................guess you have to time it right

exactly, whoops, your test is 1600................were gonna have to lower the trt dose..................guess you have to time it right

yes... as in 3+ months later

upon deeper thinking, i realized that its not so much the doctors fault, the fault lies in our governement. a government which allows anyone to sue for anything - and win!!!! this in turn forces doctors to have massive amounts of malpractice insurance. insurance is the real reason behind this crap.

lets say that doctor doesn't tell you that they will kill you. then -god forbid - you randomly die from some completely unrelated issue. well someone is going to sue, and with media hype the way it is, steroids will be blamed. the doctor would be deemed incompetent for NOT telling you to stop taking them. he loses his license. he and his insurance get sued

maybe that doctor in his mind knew that was as stupid thing to tell you, he knows they wont kill you. he knows that you know, etc..

he HAS to say it, just for that 1 in 100000 million shot, because of insurance, suing, malpractice, media, government. he HAS to purposefully sound stupid to alleviate himself of risk.

Can't quite agree with the first part of your comment, but the quote above, I agree with completely!

Don't blame people suing for this problem. If the doctor is not prescribing TRT, then there is zero legal responsibility on his part of what his patient puts in their body. Now if you tell the doc you are using aas, then you are right, he has to say it.

But I believe it is this overhyped media garbage that bombards us with "Steroids Will Kill YOU!!!" message. My wife thinks they are just as bad as heroin or crack. She has told me it's because everything she hears about them on tv. You never hear, "Joe Blow put on 10 lbs, his clothes fit better, he feels better, his outlook on life is better, he is more physically active. And he was using steroids" Nope, it's "Joe Blow kills his wife and 3 kids and hangs himself, steroids are believed to be the cause. " No mention of his psychotic episodes yrs earlier, it's obviously the steroids.

All this crap started when the congressman found his son hanging in his room and found a bottle of aas in his drawer. Well it must have been the steroids, they make you murderous and suicidal. He wasn't depressed before juice, just a loner. Get the F outta here, they let cigarettes and alcohol flood through society and kill people, but something that can help if used correctly, PRISON TIME!!!

Yep, we need to do a bone marrow biopsy and complete blood workup to decide if you have polycemia vera or some other disorder. Not telling your doc will eventually reach a point where youre going to have to tell them.

You cannot be denied coverage by your insurance because of your use. All my docs knew and it was well recorded. Ive rached up about $300,000 in bills since my initial heart attack and insurance covered it all. As far as preexisting conditions, they cant do that now either and most companies havent been for awhile. ONly time in the past that the preexisting condtion thing hurt you was if you had a lapse in your coverage.

How can your doctor look after you if he doesnt know what the hell youre doing to yourself?

I deal with doctors on a daily basis due to my job and most of them don't seem to know the first thing about steroids. They due tend to rattle off the talking points of anti-steroid folks though.

Why would a doctor know anything about dosages of AAS in the first place if they aren't prescribing TRT? I don't think they are doing Cycles and PCT 101 in med school lol

The problem with this ignorant doctors is what my friend is going through right now, he has been using gear for 30 plus years, no problems, he's 74 yrs old, never had a health issue, but his doctor prescribed zocor, and then after 3 weeks of using this poison the whole thing came crashing down, kidneys started failing, liver count up, confusion,muscle weakness, all side effects of allergic reaction of a statin drug, almost died, but thank God he recovered, however he made the mistake of telling his doctor he uses steroids, well guess what? he blamed the whole episode on his gear use, and now any complain he has, his doctor goes back to steroids, without a shred of evidence. I actually think the steroids saved his life, if he would have been a skinny, little 74 yr old, he would have died . To this day the doctor blames steroids for something he caused by his prescription. And by the way he has yet to explain how gear caused all this life threatening situation, simply because there is no evidence to back it up. God bless you friends.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws