over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Silva's next fight: UFC 101 vs. Forrest Griffin

SacToSD

Registered
Check out this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-silvagriffin042909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I thought it was really interesting how they talked about a matchup btw. Fedor Emelianenko and Silva... that would be a fight I'd travel cross country to see. I think that they're a little full of it, though, and were quoted as saying that "Silva walks around between fights at 215" so if he did get a shot against fedor, it'd be heavyweight. My ass. Silva, last I checked, looked scrawny at his fight against leites. His chest was all sunken in, pencil legs, girly arms, all the rest. He'd be a tub at 215. Anyhow, I think that Forrest probably isn't the best fighter to put in there against silva. I'd rather see silva fight st. pierre. St pierre would have a disadvantage in reach, though, but it'd be cool to see the 2 most hyped ufc fighters go at it.

Silva used to fight in the 205lb class, so he would hardly be a "tub" at 215. In fact when he fought James Irvin not to long ago, he moved up to the 205lb class for that fight. I do agree that Silva - GSP would be a great match up, but I don't like title holders fighting in catch weight fights...It's not fair for the fighters in those weight classes who are deserving of a title shot. You can only fight so many times in a year and for a champion it should be done defending the title against deserving opponents.

Silva used to fight in the 205lb class, so he would hardly be a "tub" at 215. In fact when he fought James Irvin not to long ago, he moved up to the 205lb class for that fight. I do agree that Silva - GSP would be a great match up, but I don't like title holders fighting in catch weight fights...It's not fair for the fighters in those weight classes who are deserving of a title shot. You can only fight so many times in a year and for a champion it should be done defending the title against deserving opponents.

I never looked at it that way well put and I agree at 205 he honestly didn't look any different so I doubt 215 would be much of a stretch for him.

there were rumors that he was sick prior to the leites fight. also, he didn't look much different when he fought james irvin at 205 than when he fought rich or henderson at 185. i don't think he needed huge legs to deliver some crushing knees and headkicks either. i'm looking forward to the fight, but think that he will catch griffin with something and put him down as griffin doesn't have the best chin.

Sorry bro, but silva is puny. He reminds me of brandon vera when he wanted to jump up the weight classes, but just ended up looking fat. Against a bigger fighter like fedor, well, that would be interesting.

Check out this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-silvagriffin042909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I thought it was really interesting how they talked about a matchup btw. Fedor Emelianenko and Silva... that would be a fight I'd travel cross country to see. I think that they're a little full of it, though, and were quoted as saying that "Silva walks around between fights at 215" so if he did get a shot against fedor, it'd be heavyweight. My ass. Silva, last I checked, looked scrawny at his fight against leites. His chest was all sunken in, pencil legs, girly arms, all the rest. He'd be a tub at 215. Anyhow, I think that Forrest probably isn't the best fighter to put in there against silva. I'd rather see silva fight st. pierre. St pierre would have a disadvantage in reach, though, but it'd be cool to see the 2 most hyped ufc fighters go at it.

This should be a pretty good fight,,,It has to be better than his last few fights:rolleyes:I would like to see SILVA/GSP as well but not sure how they would go about the weight differences.

Silva would bury GSP....as for him at 205 I believe he does pretty well at that weight & with all the strong 205's getting past their prime in the UFC no reason he couldn't try to get that title as well(as Henderson did in PRIDE a few yrs back)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear