over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Silymarin (milk thistle) and androgen receptors

kingpeon

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you notice a difference in results from your cycles when you add Silymarin or (milk thistle) to your liver protection stack? I never gave it much thought until recently after I read that it has a negative effect on whole body androgen receptors.

I'm about to toss my stash of Carsil and stock up on Liv. 52 DS!

The ole mid 70's in-vitro LNCaP cell line strikes again, creating pandemonium.

LNCaP is highly selective of sex hormone affinity. Basically meaning this particular cell line "attracts" (lack of better terms) both estrogens and androgens and their subfractionated metabolites to see if metastatic potential or put the breaks on mRNA translation will occur in "X" condition(s).

It's a wonderful model as far as cell line cultures go. Although, like every in-vitro (test tube, petri dish, ect) study doesn't necessarily represent what will happen in-vivo (living organisms) physiologically speaking. in-vitro rarely if ever mimics in-vivo. So keep that in mind.

Warfarin on the other hand I'd be more concerned. Then again, how many individuals are on anticoagulants running copious amounts of AAS. T replacement there is. So, there's that to ponder.

Awesome! Thanks Stewie, you just saved me $100 in Carsil! Emeric kept telling me to keep using it but never addressed the question nor said why. "just do as I say and don't ask stupid questions" or something along those lines

Emeric is a wise man. I concur his suggestion. I'd take it for several properties it possesses. One in particular is -nuclear factor erythroid 2 related factor 2. This funky little gene promoter is considered the gates-keeper that regulates antioxidant response. There's other foods/supplements you're probably taking that assists in the arena, too. A little extra every now and again doesn't hurt.

Emeric is a wise man. I concur his suggestion. I'd take it for several properties it possesses. One in particular is -nuclear factor erythroid 2 related factor 2. This funky little gene promoter is considered the gates-keeper that regulates antioxidant response. There's other foods/supplements you're probably taking that assists in the arena, too. A little extra every now and again doesn't hurt.
True, but in my flimsy defense, questioning usually leads to learning something new. Case in point, your response. Which probably saved me a good day's worth of searching the damned interwebs for answers!

True, but in my flimsy defense, questioning usually leads to learning something new. Case in point, your response. Which probably saved me a good day's worth of searching the damned interwebs for answers!
This is from a Bulgarian document: Milk thistle significantly detoxifying and antioxidant activity of the liver, incl. and synthesis of glutathione. Simultaneously stimulates protein synthesis and regenerative processes, which justifies the restoration of damaged liver cells. In addition, milk thistle prophylactically protect undamaged hepatocytes and increases their resistance to various infections and poisoning. Milk thistle increases bile formation and accelerates its excretion, thereby normalizing processes of digestion and metabolism. Therefore, the plant is used in acute and chronic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, cholangitis, cholecystitis, and toxic liver damage as a result of poisoning by various chemicals, including alcohol, poisonous mushrooms and medicinal preparations.

Stewie do you take milk thistle regularly?

Emeric do you take it year round? If so, what dose?

I used to take it fairly consistently years ago. For no apparent reason I stopped taking it.

It has some unique nutraceutical/phytochemical properties.

Yes, I take the Bulgarian called Carsil, 70mg per day, Carsil includes the following compounds : silybin, dehydrosilybin, silydianin and silycrystin. The bioflavonoids in the Carsil are assumed to posses a vitamin C sparing effect also.

I already take TUDCA 250mg daily for liver protection, no orals, but I do use nandrolone and tren. I found this study and considered adding silymarin for not only the liver protection, but also for the kidneys. Anyone know what a good daily dose would be, and maybe brands that you favor?

Click in the first link listed, its a pdf.

Yes, I take the Bulgarian called Carsil, 70mg per day, Carsil includes the following compounds : silybin, dehydrosilybin, silydianin and silycrystin. The bioflavonoids in the Carsil are assumed to posses a vitamin C sparing effect also.
Take Carsil with food or it doesn't make a difference?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws