over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Since we are talking training "systems" look here

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Seems like the last couple of days I have been reading threads that seem to get away from how you really grow-progression in weight. No matter how you look at it -a Pro at some point and time pounded out some serious ass weight and basic exercises and ate a farm ful of food to get there.
I think people want to think there is a magic secret where you can eat 3 meals a day train volume style and short of failure and get huge.
I know very few people that UNDERTRAIN and 1,000's that OVERTRAIN because they can't balance the volume, frequency, weight, diets, supplements, and overall physical stress of life enough to avoid overtraining at some point. The biggest mistake I made early on in my first 5-6 years of serious training was under eating and over training. I was eating the standard 30 grams of fat a day, 3-400 grams of protein from chicken and tuna, and 4-500 grams of complex carbs. No cardio. I also should have had "You can never make up a missed work out" tattooed on my ass because that's what I lived by. I never had a major injury in the gym but did strain my back shoulder and knee from time to time and worked around it.
I am going to post this here and then progess it if there is interest in how I have changed it and adapted it from the routine I am about to post-additionally throwing in supplement information including AAS GH Insulin Thyroid Clen Ephedrine and anything else I can think of that I can shed experience on. Diet and nutrition will also be posted and the sheer amount of food I consumed at my peak weight of over 312 sometimes blows my mind.

I would severely over train on this routine today but here's how it all began:

Here was the very first split I started with at 18.
It was 3 on 1 off push pull legs of course and first day of (push for example) was heavy then the next training day for that bodypart was "light".

As mentioned previously... basically since day one I have always done push pull and legs. The set rep scheme has changed and the amount of rest between work outs but I always settled on the split above.

I started of on 3 on 1 off and a heavy and light day meaning first work out heavy lower rep range and the second one 8-12 reps and using different exercises via a rotation.

It worked really well I put on around 45 lbs in my first two years and then stagnated, as I was eating to stay lean. I sure was pretty, but the mass gains just would not come even after starting AAS @240 5 years later my weight never got over 260 (even on AAS) till I got busy on the table.

Here is a sample-I don't even have to look in my journal I remember it like it was yesterday.

I had been very athletic since the age of 4 playing baseball and football and wrestling but only had a passing fancy with resistance exercises like chins push up etc. I started serious bb'ing at age 18 at around 200 lbs.

Looking back in my journals and memory as I got stronger and stronger I systematically reduced my sets and reps and tried every different program out there..HIT variants, more volume, 2 times a day 3 times a day training etc etc. and settled on a lower set EOD program which I know use to maintain gains, and if ever going back to bulk will use to gain again.

Day one legs and calves (the set numbers include warm-ups pyramiding up of course.)

QUADS-
Leg Extensions-3 x 12-8
Squats-4-5 x 10-4
Leg Press-3-4 x 10-6

HAMS-
Lying leg curl-4 x 10-6
Stiff leggeds-3 x 10-6

CALVES-
Standing calf-5 x 12-6

Day 2 Chest Shoulders and Triceps

CHEST
Bench Press-4 x 10-4
Incline Dbell Presses-4 x 10-6
Flat Db flyes-3 x 10-6

SHOULDERS
Presses B/Neck-4-5 x 10-6
Side Laterals=3-4 x 10-6
Upright rows-3 x 10-6

TRICEPS
Lying Triceps Extenstions-4 x 10-6
Close grip Bench-3 x 10 -6

DAY 3 Back biceps Abs forearms

LATS
Chins-4 x 10-6
BB rows-3 x 10-6
LAT pulldowns-3 x 10-6
Deadlifts-4 x 10-6

BICEPS
BB curls-4 x 10-6
Db Preacher curls-3 x 10-6

FOREARMS
Reverse BB Curls-4 x 10-6
BB Wrist Curls 3 x 10-6

ABS
Incline weighted scrunches-4 x 10-6
Lying bench leg raises-3 x 10-6

DAY 3 OFF TRAINING

DAY 4 QUADS, HAMS, CALVES

QUADS
Leg extentions-3-4 x 12-8
Front Squats-4 x 12-8
Hack Squats-3 x 12-8

HAMS
Standing leg curls - 4 x 12-8
Good mornings - 3 x 12-8

CALVES
Seated calf-5 x 15-8

DAY 5 Chest Shoulders Triceps

CHEST
Incline Presses-4 x 12-8
Db bench-4 x 12-8
Incline flyes-3 x 12-8
Dips- 3 x 12-8

SHOULDERS
DB presses-4 x 12-8
BB FRONT Laterals-3 x 12-8
DB bent Laterals- 3x 12-8
Shrugs-3 x 12-8 (usually dropped these)

TRICEPS
Pushdowns-3 x 12-8
Dips 3 x 12-8
Seated French Presses-12-8

DAY 6 BACK Biceps abs forearms

V-Bar Chins - 4 x12-8
Db rows one arm- 3 x 10-8
Reverse grip Pull downs- 3 x 10-8
Seated Cable Rows- 3 x10-8

BICEPS
BB Preachers-3-4 x 12-8
DB Curls-2 x 12-8

FOREARMS
BB Wrist Curls-3-4 x 12-8
Hammer Curls-3 x 12-8

ABS
Rope Crunches-4 x 12-8
Hanging Leg Raises- 3 x 12-8

DAY OFF

REPEAT cycle
Edit/Delete Message

the sheer amount of food I consumed at my peak weight of over 312 sometimes blows my mind.

It worked really well I put on around 45 lbs in my first two years and then stagnated, as I was eating to stay lean. I sure was pretty, but the mass gains just would not come even after starting AAS @240 5 years later my weight never got over 260 (even on AAS) till I got busy on the table.

What was your top competition weight? Height?

MG!
Im short on time at the moment but cant wait to get back and read this. :)
Glad to see the Big Guys sharing there styles and what has worked for them.

Thanks for the post Massive G. Looking forward to more info.

Nice post MG, thyanks for sharing, look forward to the progression of the thread.

BMJ

Great post, nothing like hearing experience from people who has been there done that

Thanks for sharing that Massive G. Definitely looking forward to more info!

What was your top competition weight? Height?

226 totally dry. 5 9 with the wind blowing straight up.

I will say this as well since this is going to be a kinda "looking back what I would have done if I knew what I know now" thread-is that my all time highest body weight for the 226 was 265 and involved 16 weeks of dieting. After losing my job briefly and going on a personal training stint for a bit I made a move to where I live now and went on a bigorexia perma bulk to see how really big I could get.

Doing that robbed me of some lean muscle gains and maturity as I should have dieted down at least once or twice a year to reset my growth potential as I believe when you diet down to low levels of bodyfat with training and cardio balls to the wall...there is a period for many weeks after where your body sucks up everything you put into it and you grow like a weed.

another mistake I made is never eating or straying from my diet. NEVER. I never ate anything but turkey chicken rice baked pots tuna pasta and lean beef -when I could afford it. All this shit was eaten PLAIN and cold either in AL foil or tupper ware. Yuck.
Typical diet
6-8 egg whites
oatmeal

can of tuna and baked pot

can of tuna and baked pot

carbo force
train
carboforce/met-rx

chicken/rice

tuna/rice

egg whites/oatmeal

DAY 3 OFF TRAINING

You meant Day 4 OFF TRAINING right? Just amking sure im following you

THIS is what i love seeing.. SHARING!! Having the big dudes.. who have been around share their thoughts on what they do/have done

Thanks G

This is so much better then ... im doing tren today...what will happen to me?? blah blah :mad:

I am really looking forward to watching this thread progress. It is awesome for a guy like me to get the inside view from a guy who had already done what I am attempting to do. Thanks Massive

cycles were after an initial 100 mg per week of deca for 4 weeks and 20 mg methyltest were

200 mg a week of Steris Test Enanthate or Cypionate for 6 weeks no taper up no taper down no "PCT" and no problems recovering.
The next alternating cycle 6 weeks later or longer would involve a taper 100 mg of deca per week for 2 weeks in then 200 mg a week for 2 weeks then back down for 100 mg for 2 weeks.

Why 6 weeks? Cause that's what we were told to do by the experts in the gym. 6 week cycles max.

All this was US pharmgrade and Dr prescribed, and yes steroids were CIII's but hey it was legal.

There was some terrific abuse of anabolics going on back then as well I was shocked to see guys come in and pop 5-6 Anapolans as a prework out boost.

The biggest guy I had ever seen was a guy who came for California and looked like one of the barbarian brothers-only bigger he wore those flannel shirts and he looked 350 to me lean and bloated but was barely 270. (no offense to the ladies here but) The gym whore dated and bedded him and then blabbed about the enormous amounts he took. We called him "2 weeks" because his cycles were 2 weeks-meaning he took 2 weeks of deca, then 2 weeks of test, then 2 weeks of para, then 2 weeks of drol, etc etc. I used to watch him train and he'd train very heavy but he was so bloated and BP was high he'd have to lie down in between sets he was so exhausted.
Anyway he got kicked out of the gym after he was sitting in the lounge area counting out his pills and vials for the week.

The reason I wrote about this? Cause it left a vivid memory of what I didn't want to do or become and burnt that image into my mind a long time....

DAY 3 OFF TRAINING

You meant Day 4 OFF TRAINING right? Just amking sure im following you

THIS is what i love seeing.. SHARING!! Having the big dudes.. who have been around share their thoughts on what they do/have done

Thanks G

This is so much better then ... im doing tren today...what will happen to me?? blah blah :mad:

yes sorry must have been a typo it was 3 on 1 day off.

I am going to try and include honesty about dosages and side effects and the issues of training too hard and too heavy.

I was looking back through my journals and kinda chuckled as in late 2003 I figure I had a very small partial tear in my rotator cuff from close grip benching. Very small, very minor and very deep and I tried everything to cure it stretching rotator cuff exercises massage heat ice compression ART DMSO with ibuprofen several types of anti- inflammatories and it still bothered me.
I wondered why in my journals for several weeks I was doing 8-10 sets of chest and shoulders on the smith machine with the weight being like 250 lbs, and 130 lbs for chest and delts respectively-and then I remembered-I was doing one arm smith chest presses and delt presses to give the left shoulder a rest and refused to stop training - and actually maintained and gained a bit of size in the chest area and suffered no atrophy of the left delt.

I continued on with the therapy but this lead to my first GH cycle -which is another thing I'll cover down the thread.

now this is good stuff...Im very curious to hear the rest of the story...:rolleyes::D:eek:

My first mistake on gaining size came after meeting and spending some time with Victor Richards who guest posed at the Kevin Levrone Classic in 1995. I actually competed against Kevin in his second contest and I had never seen anyone that ripped before, he was barely above 200 but damn...never knew where he would end up....more here..

Everytime I saw Victor he was eating and I spent the entire day following him around assisting back stage or in the car or at the seminar between prejudging-helping my friend Magic Dane out (who promoted the show and most of the MD shows back then owning a few "muscle beach" stores that sold all the whacky clown clothes of the 90's) huge bowls of white rice and chicken like every hour ..it seemed his cheeks were full every second. I don't care what anyone says I saw him weighed and taped at measurements you wouldn't believe. In 1995! Way before the 20 iu's of GH and 100's ius of slin a day craze. Way over 300 lean ripped abs and intercostals.

Point to all this? 270 lb MG went home and loaded about 3 bills on his CC at sams club for chicken rice and salsa and corn. The result after eating tons of white death rice and chicken?
I was a soft 280 and looked like I had been eating a jelly donught diet.

Bulking experiment done, at least in that fashion.

This board is like night and day the last few weeks. Living up to it's name these days...

Thanks for sharing and opening up your mind & life...

EDIT: Just went back to this post in the thread posted back yonder, and it was posted "17-Jan-2004, 10:52 AM "

I thought it was 2003 too, but I guess was really 2004.

However, since you were 8 'weeks' into it, start date would have been 2003:)

Started seros 8 weeks ago..3 ius ED, Then bumped it after 2 weeks to 6ius 3 Days-work out only and 4 days of 3 iu's. Added T3 25 mcgs/ slin 'log 10 ius with the shots and added 10 lbs in a week.
5 th week started to get massive Joint pains and numbness, and no sleep due to numb painful cramping at nite.
Reduced to 3 ius ED, then to 3 ius 5/2 then to 1.5 iu's....it's week 8 and I must stop reluctantly.
Also Joint pain and swelling as well as the feet and hands and numbness in the limbs and low back pain.
I never had done gh before but didn't think that it would bloat me so bad everywhere.
My goals for taking it were primarily to heal the shoulders, knees, compressed and degeneration showing low back vertabtrae nd upper neck plus a little fat burning and improved quality of life.

I may try again and start very low and taper slowly but damn how do some guys hit double digit iu's of this stuff?
Got up to 312 from the low 290's but that don't mean shit as it was/is prolly 90% water.

Positive effects have been some fat loss skin tone improvement increased energy increased strength and fullness and water weight. Shoulders have improved considerably.
Taken with 800 mgs TC and 300 mgs ND.

I am interested in experienced users opinions as I see a lot of experienced and knowledgeable people here.
thanks in advance...
MG

BMJ

Last edited:
Yes, 2003 was when you started with HGH, here ya go big guy;)

BMJ

Yikes blasts from the pasts!!!
That's pretty much how it went down.
My GH use ended in 2006, but good lord I was an expert by the end of it all.

We will go into halflives and all by the end of this thread-and what method works best for fat burning anti-aging, mass building and et all

WTF? this board has just come alive here lately, im like an addict here again. good shit MG im def. locked into this thread!!

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws