over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sister running 100 miles today

Much respect! Was just reading David Goggins new book and he was talking about the physical aftermath the body goes through immediately following an ultra. Crazy stuff.

I would say that is equivalent to juicing for years, dieting, posing, getting dehydrated and going on stage in your underwear. She sounds like one of us. I really am impressed to anyone who would do this. Keep us updated how she does.
Yeah man same sort of discipline.

She trains 20-30 hours/week, tailors diet around this… same shit

The physical fortitude to run 100 miles is superhuman. The mental fortitude to run 100 miles is otherworldly. Incredible.
Still top ten, hanging on!

Probably 2 hours to go.

That's incredible! More power to her!! The mindset and commitment run in the family!

I had a buddy who wanted to do an Ultra Marathon. I was at the finish line for a 37 mile run he did. Unfortunately he passed away before he got the chance to do the Ultra. FYI, his passing was unrelated to running.

She ended up 3rd women’s/11th overall in a starting field of ~400.

Badass.
Congrats to your sister!! AWESOME accomplishment and INCREDIBLE showing of mental and physical strength and fortitude! A great testament to her work ethic, discipline, and extreme dedication!! SHE ROCKS Bro!!! It runs in your family!! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!

Congrats and well done! Your sis is a true badass for sure and will she do it again?
Yep! She’s run a handful of 70+ mile races, usually a couple a year. The training cycle to improve for each race is rather extensive so unless you’re just wanting to race to say you did it, it’s a 4-6 month training period.

Congrats to your sister!! AWESOME accomplishment and INCREDIBLE showing of mental and physical strength and fortitude! A great testament to her work ethic, discipline, and extreme dedication!! SHE ROCKS Bro!!! It runs in your family!! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!
thanks so much man. Yeah, she’s a total badass. I’ve got mad respect. I think it’s why I love 3 hour gym sessions, our genetics are built for capacity lol

thanks so much man. Yeah, she’s a total badass. I’ve got mad respect. I think it’s why I love 3 hour gym sessions, our genetics are built for capacity lol
Bet she trains like a machine in the gym and can pretty much out run you haha.

Perhaps next time she'll nail it and win the race!

Bet she trains like a machine in the gym and can pretty much out run you haha.

Perhaps next time she'll nail it and win the race!
The two women that beat her had paid, professional pace setters (2 each at all times in rotating shifts) and a support team.

My sister is a total hobbyist and had only her boyfriend on the course handing her snacks out of a cooler every 20 miles (course was a large loop).

She still got 3rd, and by 4 minutes/an hour to 2nd/1st, and she pulled her quad at mile 30-ish and still ran 70 more and did that well.

Shes totally gonna double down and place higher next race, man

The two women that beat her had paid, professional pace setters (2 each at all times in rotating shifts) and a support team.

My sister is a total hobbyist and had only her boyfriend on the course handing her snacks out of a cooler every 20 miles (course was a large loop).

She still got 3rd, and by 4 minutes/an hour to 2nd/1st, and she pulled her quad at mile 30-ish and still ran 70 more and did that well.

Shes totally gonna double down and place higher next race, man
That’s amazing brother. I’ve done a bunch of triathlons and stuff like like but only 1 ultra..my mom is/was an ultra runner and I use to be her handler/pace setter.

She’s how I got into triathlons..she couldn’t swim and I had been surfing since I was 6..I was first choice lol

It’s a lot of work man, but it’s not like lifting..waaay more mental than physical at that level

One full marathon is my best. I was up to 15 miles x 3/wk in prep. But I still didn’t even get a qualifying time. My most mileage under human power is 100km (62 miles) on a mountain bike.

But even during that a kid kept riding past our group and I huffed it to catch up with him and asked what route he was riding. He said, “Yours, but this my 4th time bridge to bridge.” These men and and women are cardiovascular/pulmonary freaks of nature. My quads were sore for a week.

A weird, fatigue sort of soreness. Very uncomfortable. Oh, and I loaded up on calories afterward. Big mistake because it came out like a fountain.

I've done 155miles on a road bike and 80 miles on a MTB the MTB is harder and that's my biggest hobby.
You definitely need to eat something small and let it sit before hitting a buffet. Or it dosnt end well.

That’s amazing brother. I’ve done a bunch of triathlons and stuff like like but only 1 ultra..my mom is/was an ultra runner and I use to be her handler/pace setter.

She’s how I got into triathlons..she couldn’t swim and I had been surfing since I was 6..I was first choice lol

It’s a lot of work man, but it’s not like lifting..waaay more mental than physical at that level
Bet your ma was cheering you on...she's paid it forward. Props to your ma for raising you right!

I ran an ultra in 2015…I was totally not in the top 10
Two months out from my 40th I decided to take up running as I can no longer lift in a way that motivates me and there is not the enjoyment there with weights there once was............that and I saw a couple Ultra docu's on YT and caught the bug. I needed something I could actually improve at without hurting myself. So I went from NO running whatsoever and on Jan 14, 2023 I did a 50k by myself in my subdivision..................and it took me a LONG time but I pulled it off.

A 100 mile is a whole different beast and a future goal for sure.

Virtuous tell her CONGRATS!​

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity