over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skateboarding at 70mph downhill, some traffic

What are those discs they are holding in their palms? Looks like it is attached to their gloves, maybe to use as a way to slow down by using them as brakes on the ground? Some are black and some were colored white.

You got it! Those discs are attached to the gloves. They serve as brakes. If you're going much slower, you can use your shoe soles but that requires balancing one leg on the board and the other dragging the pavement. Not bad at reasonable speeds, but at very high speeds you have to have BOTH feet on that board so you can correct any potential disastrous wobble from developing.

I could only see doing that if I had motorcycle leathers on. The discs on the gloves were probably for it the guy goes flying they slide rather that grab the road and distribute the force.

These folks doing this, don't respect the full extent of an injury. A few of the top guys in the world will wear leathers in addition to this back/neck alignment brace presumably to keep from breaking one's neck or getting spinal injury. Also, full face shield helmets

This is only 200mph as I had K1 in the passenger seat screaming. But I couldn't really hear him as the roof was off :D

Is there a specific octane rating that has to be run for that engine?

Is there a specific octane rating that has to be run for that engine?

I think just about everything runs on 93 octane when rolling off production. The track where I go has race fuel with higher octane but no gas station is going to carry that.

The track where I go, just looked, has up to 100 octane. If you tune the car then you might need higher than 93 octane, depends on the tune.

I just used a Cobb tuner on my Porsche and the map I used requires just 93 octane. They have them up to 100 or more if you want. Just too hard to find that fuel. Factory is going to set it at the usual premium fuel of 93 at the pump so you can fuel up just about anywhere.

Suppose I could reflash my ECU when I am at the track to run on the 100, get some more horsepower. Then flash it back to 93 octane map. Not sure how it would run on 100 octane gas if the map was for 93. I think its just an issue if the fuel you use is not high enough, get knock.

LOL. Im not a fan either, although I have never driven any of them. I am a big fan of AWD, and the idea of being able to do burn outs is just a waste of energy to me and silly. I want all of that horsepower to go into making the car accelerate. AWD is more forgiving if you make an error on the track too. I find it hard to really screw up in my turbo 911.

I also think the Lamborghinis look better. It is what I would drive if I could afford it. I was looking at getting something like an 08 Gallardo, but I am worried the maintenance would be too expensive for me to really afford. Not sure how much that costs really. My Porsche isn't cheap either, but I imagine it is less. An oil change sets me back about $240.

Back in high school in the 80s the Countach was my dream car, and ever since I have wanted to own a Lambo.

I had a Countach poster in my room growing up. It will for ever be my dream car. Not sure what you guys do but I need to step up my game to start progressing toward this goal.

I had a Countach poster in my room growing up. It will for ever be my dream car. Not sure what you guys do but I need to step up my game to start progressing toward this goal.

Those Countachs sell for about $200,000 now in good shape I think.

If I got a Lambo it would be something like that 08 Gallardo I mentioned earlier. One in my area for sale for about $145,000. Even that is crazy for me to spend but its doable. Like maybe something I would do if I knew I was going to die next year. The 911 turbo I have now is great though. My Porsche is every bit as fast as that Lambo I think and should handle about the same too. It is the looks department that the Lambo just blows away just about every car IMO. Main thing I worry about is the cost of maintenance on a car like that. Its one thing to buy it but then another to keep spending year after year on it.

Last edited:
That's definitely the kind of parallel one should NEVER make in front of Big A... :D

Maldorf, he was kind enough to reply politely to you, but the undeniable truth is Big A's face changes for something rather... well... rather patronizing when he hears that name "Ferrari"... not that much better than a BMW for him... the kind of everyday car parvenus that are nothing special but wanna prove the world they've made it by showing off immediately buy when they've got enough $$$.

:D:p;)

Like I told you Sinatra's quote - "You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody"

You can take Lambo to a Ferrari meet, but you can't really take aFerrari to a Lambo meet.

That being said, earlier in the year was the first time I felt poor by owning Lambos... when I walked in one of the most exclusive restaurants in town, the concierge asked me if I was there for the Lamborghini function or the Pagani function. I looked down into the ground and said "Lamborghini".
I can't wait for my Pagani to arrive next year!!

Those Countachs sell for about $200,000 now in good shape I think.

If I got a Lambo it would be something like that 08 Gallardo I mentioned earlier. One in my area for sale for about $145,000. Even that is crazy for me to spend but its doable. Like maybe something I would do if I knew I was going to die next year. The 911 turbo I have now is great though. My Porsche is every bit as fast as that Lambo I think and should handle about the same too. It is the looks department that the Lambo just blows away just about every car IMO. Main thing I worry about is the cost of maintenance on a car like that. Its one thing to buy it but then another to keep spending year after year on it.

Try $1mil+ for a good Countach now! You are 5yrs behind on prices.

Gallardos are cheap to maintain. Mo more than Porsches.
The V12 Lambos is where the big $ are as everything on them is bespoke. Especially the older they are. When something breaks on one of my 4 Diablos it's always $5k per part. Regardless what part...

Like I told you Sinatra's quote - "You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody"

You can take Lambo to a Ferrari meet, but you can't really take aFerrari to a Lambo meet.

That being said, earlier in the year was the first time I felt poor by owning Lambos... when I walked in one of the most exclusive restaurants in town, the concierge asked me if I was there for the Lamborghini function or the Pagani function. I looked down into the ground and said "Lamborghini".
I can't wait for my Pagani to arrive next year!!

You need a Bugatti next. 👍
I’d be scared like a little girl if you drove 200mph on city streets with me in the car. 👧

Attachments

• 485E7199-AD1C-41C9-B48B-6DDEA4ADA8D5.jpeg
    485E7199-AD1C-41C9-B48B-6DDEA4ADA8D5.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 67
All modern high performance cars runs on 98 now.

Where the hell can you even fuel up then? No regular station carries that. Youd have to go to the track to fuel up, at least here in the US.

Try $1mil+ for a good Countach now! You are 5yrs behind on prices.

Gallardos are cheap to maintain. Mo more than Porsches.
The V12 Lambos is where the big $ are as everything on them is bespoke. Especially the older they are. When something breaks on one of my 4 Diablos it's always $5k per part. Regardless what part...

Good to know about the Gallardo. I remember reading though that on Ferraris and some Lambo that you need to do a new clutch like every 10k miles. Is that right? Like it is just normal maintenance.

How about your Pagani. Was it hard to get one of those since you are new to the brand?

Just found this on octane

this explains why Big A would talk about 98 octane and I am saying 93 in the states. It is the way that different countries calculate the octane. I had no idea.

"This guy explains really well what Octane rating is: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfhTTuxF6Mk[/ame]
US and Europe calculate it in different ways which makes US fuel look like it has a lower rating but in reality they've got the same rating. US shows the average of the Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON) rating, which is the Anti-Knock Index (AKI) while Europe just shows the RON rating which gives a higher number than the MON rating.
More info from wiki: The most common type of octane rating worldwide is the Research Octane Number (RON). RON is determined by running the fuel in a test engine with a variable compression ratio under controlled conditions, and comparing the results with those for mixtures of iso-octane and n-heptane (a fuel standard).
Motor Octane Number (MON), which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load, as it is determined at 900 rpm engine speed, instead of the 600 rpm for RON.[1] MON testing uses a similar test engine to that used in RON testing, but with a preheated fuel mixture, higher engine speed, and variable ignition timing to further stress the fuel's knock resistance. Depending on the composition of the fuel, the MON of a modern gasoline will be about 8 to 10 points lower than the RON, however there is no direct link between RON and MON. Normally, fuel specifications require both a minimum RON and a minimum MON.
Basically MON uses a higher stress test and because of that it gives a lower Octane number as the fuel is under greater stress than when it is being tested through RON method.
tl;dr:UK and rest of Europe show the RON rating. US/Canada show the AKI rating which is the average of RON and MON rating."

So 98 there is like our 93.

I wonder what the octane rating for our 100 octane would be in Australia. I guess it must go over 100 or something?

:star-w:rs
Good to know about the Gallardo. I remember reading though that on Ferraris and some Lambo that you need to do a new clutch like every 10k miles. Is that right? Like it is just normal maintenance.

How about your Pagani. Was it hard to get one of those since you are new to the brand?

I used to be a technical salesperson for one of the biggest performance clutch brands in the world and was there go to for handling Ferrari clutch sales. They definitely go at lower km's than other manufacturers, but some of that is how people drive them and the amount of power being transferred through them. I've seen idiots destroy triple plate carbon clutches in 1 hour in skylines and LS* engined vehicles.

when I walked in one of the most exclusive restaurants in town, the concierge asked me if I was there for the Lamborghini function or the Pagani function. I looked down into the ground and said "Lamborghini".

:D

Soon those days of unbearable misery and humiliation will be over... hang in there, and hang in tough... life is no bed of roses but deep inside you know you'll get your revenge... :(:D:p;)

Is it way off base to ask what kind of business endeavors have made it possible to own multiple Lambos and eventually a Pagani? I remember reading that Big A has been very successful (obviously).

I like to read success stories for inspiration... I do not intend to remain someone's employee for the rest of my days. Hope this is OK to ask.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity