over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin Cancer

I was fortunate that my parents always told me to use sunscreen even as a kid. I just never really stopped. I’m able to tan with barely any sun...Greek blood. I still get checked every year, no cancer....Thank God. I was neveral a fan of looking like leather face.

What is your age? Just curious because I grew up in the 70s and 80s and seemed nobody used sunscreen back then much. Heck, I think as high as it went was SPF 10 or something close to that. It is good your parents did that with you!

Last edited:
Is she really fair skinned or maybe even a redhead? Thank goodness all of those were just basal cell and not something worse.
She is not fair skinned or redheaded. We are different skin types. I get dark very quickly and she takes awhile. She no longer tans and trys to stay out of sun and wears sunscreen if we are out in the sun.

To make matters worse, most sunscreens may also cause cancer, there is a lot of information out there I won't bother to link because it's too easy to google, really only sun blockers with titanium in them are safe.

What is your age? Just curious because I grew up in the 70s and 80s and seemed nobody used sunscreen back then much. Heck, I think as high as it went was SPF 10 or something close to that. It is good your parents did that with you!

it's not really how much sun you get, it's the burning that does it, and the weak, white skin.

Good thread and guys should be careful. Not gonna lie I haven't been as diligent as I could have been. Last time I went to Spain I got burned really bad. Plus skin cancer runs in my family. My nan died from it because it spread.

To make matters worse, most sunscreens may also cause cancer, there is a lot of information out there I won't bother to link because it's too easy to google, really only sun blockers with titanium in them are safe.

I'd like to see some evidence showing this in humans. A quick google search, nothing comes up stating any medical evidence proving sunscreen causes cancer.

There’s no medical evidence linking sunscreen to cancer. There’s recently been talk about about some ingredients in some products possibly causing it, but no hard evidence.

I've got a big squamous cell growth I need removed from my back, had it since I was 14 ive but had a dozen doctors see it in the past 14 years since. How much did your operation cost?
I just had several frozen off and for a few on my face, there's a medicine that you can apply to it that turns the site red but doesn't scar like freezing does. In fact, the medicine is similar to the chemical peels that people pay for to look younger, and I must say, the "new" or rejuvinated skin does look better/younger.

I'd like to see some evidence showing this in humans. A quick google search, nothing comes up stating any medical evidence proving sunscreen causes cancer.

What do you mean by "medical evidence" are you looking for some kind of double-blind mega-study? Not going to happen for a million things and do we use the same google? I found lots of very good evidence. NOTHING on the internet is 100%, single scientific studies are extremely misleading.

There may be no way to prove a connection between sunscreen and skin cancer, just like millions of other carcinogens. Big companies will always be able to make them seem safe (big tobacco in the 60s for example). The sunscreen industry is similar. I spent my life in the sun at 1 mile in altitude, often naked, so I have researched this stuff, this knowledge is also popular among lifeguards. The FDA has only approved sunBLOCK, there is no FDA approved sunscreen. This isn't a scientific article but it's accurate and you can follow the FDA information read the Sunscreen Act, etc:

https://www.allure.com/story/fda-sunscreen-regulations-proposal

This one is also accurate with more information you can follow.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/06/health/sunscreen-bloodstream-fda-study/index.html

This study, prostate growth? This all is from the first page of google.

https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/scs/chimia/2008/00000062/00000005/art00007

Last edited:
well . . .

I have had untold, too many to remember, bouts with basal cell carcinoma and
squamous cell carcinoma and a few years ago had stage one melanoma. (I am
on a every three month full body program because of it.) He caught it in time,
thankfully it did not metastasize.

Just had a biopsy done last week. Was sent to UCSF. Waiting to hear back
about the results. I am not optimistic.

Had Mohs surgery three times. My face looks like a map of Europe . . . a map
map after the war.

Had a dermatologist who I saw every three months for many years, he never
failed to find something to cut out and biopsy. It was only until recently that
I have remained ‘clean’, that is until last week.

Melanoma is not directly related to exposure to the sun. You can get it on the
soles of your feet or as in the case of my father-in-law, on your rectum. (He
recently dies because of it.) Mine was behind my left ear, covered with what
little hair I have left on my head :(

Too much sun in my youth is what caused many of my problems. Can’t do
anything about it now. Wish I had been more judicious but I am paying for
my youthful indiscretions now and will in the future.

Use sunscreen when you are out in the sun and cover up too. That is all the
unsolicited advice I can give.

What do you mean by "medical evidence" are you looking for some kind of double-blind mega-study? Not going to happen for a million things and do we use the same google? I found lots of very good evidence. NOTHING on the internet is 100%, single scientific studies are extremely misleading.

There may be no way to prove a connection between sunscreen and skin cancer, just like millions of other carcinogens. Big companies will always be able to make them seem safe (big tobacco in the 60s for example). The sunscreen industry is similar. I spent my life in the sun at 1 mile in altitude, often naked, so I have researched this stuff, this knowledge is also popular among lifeguards. The FDA has only approved sunBLOCK, there is no FDA approved sunscreen. This isn't a scientific article but it's accurate and you can follow the FDA information read the Sunscreen Act, etc:

https://www.allure.com/story/fda-sunscreen-regulations-proposal

This one is also accurate with more information you can follow.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/06/health/sunscreen-bloodstream-fda-study/index.html

This study, prostate growth? This all is from the first page of google.

https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/scs/chimia/2008/00000062/00000005/art00007

Just like you believe you found good evidence to support it, I've found far more not supporting that claim. And again, these studies are using rats, not humans. Not a very accurate model considering the amount of sunscreen needed to duplicate that dose for humans.

As in most things it seems moderation is the best. A little sun year round seems to show countries less skin cancer then countries that only have a few months of real sunny weather.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131