over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin cancer...

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
is completely avoidable if caught in time.

I was just diagnosed with melanoma in situ. Essentially stage 0 but if left to do it's thing, it could spread
and game over. I spent lots of time laying in the sun trying to keep that golden look all year long when I was competing.
I put a bunch of hours laying in tanning beds prior to those competitions along with the "Fast Tan" paint job.
Some of you may remember taking Canthaxanthin? Melanotan II wasn't around in those days. Yeah, I'm old!
Combined with a genetic predisposition, (mom and sister have both had melanoma surgically removed) I guess it was bound to happen.
I noticed an odd dark patch of skin on my mid abdomen about the size of a pencil eraser in circumference. Just popped out of nowhere.
Pointed it out during my yearly exam last week. Derm dug it out and sent it off to get analyzed.
Standard of care now is a wide local excision. Leaving nothing to chance;)

;)
Damn straight. Good job on being diligent and happy to hear you caught it early.

I had my first ever head to toe dermatologist exam last year (at 42) and so glad I finally did, as they caught a really small bit of basal cell on my shoulder. I managed to work myself into a nervous frenzy prior to the appointment and worried about what they'd find, considering my history; skin cancers run in my family too (mom and dad had basal/squamous bits cut out, melanoma for my grandma). Most summers growing up were boating at the lake, downhill skiing in winters and like an idiot, I've had multiple blistering sunburns between my face, shoulders, back, and legs. Ugh.

So yeah, I can't recommend enough getting an annual derm checkup and paying close attention to skin changes. Oh and for me at least anymore, copious amounts of sunscreen!

I was just diagnosed with melanoma in situ. Essentially stage 0 but if left to do it's thing, it could spread
and game over. I spent lots of time laying in the sun trying to keep that golden look all year long when I was competing.
I put a bunch of hours laying in tanning beds prior to those competitions along with the "Fast Tan" paint job.
Some of you may remember taking Canthaxanthin? Melanotan II wasn't around in those days. Yeah, I'm old!
Combined with a genetic predisposition, (mom and sister have both had melanoma surgically removed) I guess it was bound to happen.
I noticed an odd dark patch of skin on my mid abdomen about the size of a pencil eraser in circumference. Just popped out of nowhere.
Pointed it out during my yearly exam last week. Derm dug it out and sent it off to get analyzed.
Standard of care now is a wide local excision. Leaving nothing to chance;)
I wish you well Reload.

I have had mohs surgery 5 times for melanoma. All were successful, did
not metastasize. All on my face and head. I get a full body scan every
three months. Am going in day after tomorrow for another exam,
fingers crossed.

I tell people that my face now looks like a map of Europe . . . a map made
after the war.

A word to the wise, regardless of your exposure to the sun (not necessary
for melanoma) please get a check up by a dermatologist at least once a
year.

Great post, thanks for the awareness.

I've heard the man Rick Simpson creating a cannabis concentrate called Rick Simpson Oil to cure his skin cancer. I know it does a fantastic job of treating epilepsy as well. maybe look into trying out Rick Simpson Oil.
I wish you well sir!!

I've heard the man Rick Simpson creating a cannabis concentrate called Rick Simpson Oil to cure his skin cancer. I know it does a fantastic job of treating epilepsy as well. maybe look into trying out Rick Simpson Oil.
I wish you well sir!!
My dad used RSO during his bout with cancer. It was unsuccessful as the disease was already out of control by the time he started.
I've heard great things about its efficacy if you start it early. But I can tell you that he was a complete mental vegetable while using RSO. Think of the highest you've ever been, then multiply it by 1000. That stuff makes you so high that you can't even speak.

yeah, ive accidentally ate too much before. It got me high as shit and then it got me higher and higher and just when i thought i couldnt get any higher, i got even HIGHER. i was straight up not having a good time. was even sweating but i managed to not throw up. ive taken it many times before and felt great, it was just that one time i was eating it every couple hours on the day of a Tool concert lol.

anyways, i wish it was beneficial to your pops but hopefully it can still work for someone catching it early, just experiment with low amounts and gauge from there on what you can handle. if i dose it low i can feel a little more energetic.

Thats what I don't understand about the RSO. Its pretty much concentrated MJ. I definitely could not handle that without working up a strong tolerance.

Great to make people aware of the commonality of skin cancer issues.

I had a couple of odd spots (not that I've had for YEARS) that my fiancé has been bugging me forever to get checked. She finally threatened to smother me with a pillow in my sleep, so in December, I got a head-to-toe at the dermatologist (ironic, since I worked in dermatology for 9 years and never took advantage of lots of free services offered).

The doc found three spots that didn't like, and took biopsies. Two of them came back as basal cell carcinomas and had to be excised. Now, had I been an intelligent man, I'd have gotten the exam AND the excision after the calendar turned to 2022, because I had to pay my deductible both times and could've saved the $500!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

One resulted in a 6 stitch closure on my lower back and the second one required 16 stitches on my anterior belt. The labs came back that the margins were cancer-free, so I'm good.

Since we spend so much of our time doing unhealthy things, do a good thing for yourself and go to a derm and get checked out. I'm glad I did!

Thats what I don't understand about the RSO. Its pretty much concentrated MJ. I definitely could not handle that without working up a strong tolerance.
All thc oils and vapes are concentrates. I’ve never noticed RSO to hit any harder than any other concentrate

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwi212
NapsGear