over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin care. Aging. Wrinkles.

I may be in the fringe category that needs more then. Back in June I had blood work done and my D levels were 29(range 30-100). I started nude sunbathing(South Texas) for 10 minutes anterior/posterior, each. Everyday. My levels raised to 32. I started 5000ius and that got me up to 50 with the sunbathing. I haven't been doing the sunbathing in about 6 weeks and just supplementing. Went in for blood draw yesterday so we'll see what that difference is.
Thats awesome that you have data. Report back to us! Your skin still makes the vitamin D when you have sunscreen, just much slower.

If mine was low I would supplement before I'd spend a lot of time baking in the sun. What made you test your level?

GG, do you do the microneedling on your own, or do you have somebody do it for you?

If you do it on your own, what do you use to do it, and how much did it cost for the 'thingy'? Sorry, i'm ignorant on this....maybe the wife has one, lol. Like the idea of it improving pore size...will it work on nose?

I don't think I need #2 and #3 yet...thankfully. I'll start back up the retin-A:)

Great thread. What do you have to say about lasers?

I tend to think of them as a workout for your skin. Similar to training, the lasers create microtears in the proteins (of the ECM in this case) which then may repair into a stronger, fuller state, so similar to training, this is a great point to apply supplemental growth factors via needling or what not. Anyways, I haven't needed it as of yet, but I'm working through my protocol because it's about due. If you ever have any inkling for comments about the subject, please post them whenever you so please.

I may be in the fringe category that needs more then. Back in June I had blood work done and my D levels were 29(range 30-100). I started nude sunbathing(South Texas) for 10 minutes anterior/posterior, each. Everyday. My levels raised to 32. I started 5000ius and that got me up to 50 with the sunbathing. I haven't been doing the sunbathing in about 6 weeks and just supplementing. Went in for blood draw yesterday so we'll see what that difference is.
Depending on where you live in the US you can be out in the sun all day long and really never make noticeable amounts of vitamin D. As the angle of the sun just doesn't allow enough through, from some of my reading. The closer to the equator the better. And for those that bath or shower every day make less vitamin D as it hits the skin and what is reflected back gets trapped due to the oil in the skin. Then the process starts and gets absorbed. So getting enough D from the sun can be very difficult year round for many people.

I've yet to give it a whirl tho there's some chatter that a compounded cream with methylene blue has facial anti-aging potential.

Good thread GG!

I've had my baseline vitamin D levels checked twice and both times they were 19.6.

20,000iu daily the last 5 months has me at 84.9
5,000 gets me to 45
10,000 gets me to 63

However, I am in the mid atlantic/lower north east and none of these measures over the years have a huge influence from sunlight involved. For example...this was never taken when I was outside during the summer or around a beach trip etc...so the situation doesn't vary which leads me to have a very good idea of what dose does what. I am currently tinkering with how my 84.9 rises when I introduce 500-600mg daily of Magnesium. Anyways, I am rambling but...I will be moving to SoCal soon and I will likely have to adjust since I will be outside more and in a great area to get Vitamin D from the sun. I will also probably benefit from the thoughts brought up in this thread as far as skin care in the sun but I will play that by ear as I go.

Anyone know the side effects one can get from having too much vitamin D? I know it is fat soluble, so hangs around.

You all are some QUEENS!

Thanks for the great info though! :p

lol. yea yea yea i know.

I used to think in my younger years that men arent supposed to really care about this sorta stuff. Then ive met some guys in there 50's who look like an old sea captain and other guys who look young and healthy in there face. It was a wake up call when many people thought i was older then i actually was. Im secure enough to talk about my hair and face routine lol

You will get used to it when you move out to socal soon bro ;-)

Wonder if hypertrophy of masseter and temporalis muscles indirectly from AAS use is also a reason guys look older: the shredded physique with bloated face look

I dunno...i mean i think it would give the face a certain shape but with respect to skin ( pores, wrinkles, texture) i think androgens play a larger role then muscle hypertrophy

Would you approach it differently depending on where you lived in terms of latitude or regardless of that? It really seems that a lot of health experts are saying everyone needs more vitamin D and to be out in the sun.

No i pesonally wouldnt because i have a family history of skin cancer. Ive also seen way too many studies done on UV exposure and skin.

During this past summer i was working out in my backyard daily for a few hours in the intense socal sun. I would apply thick coat of sunblock before i went out. Could i get some vitamin D from the sun...sure...but id rather get a small amount from sun and ill supplement the rest.

Hydration is the key to healthier, younger looking skin. Cleanse facial skin GENTLY with a mild cleanser or soap and I don't care how oily your skin, find a facial moisturizer that suits your skin well and use it religiously.

Another thing I'd like to pass is the use of high quality shaving products. This is where a lot of guys fuck up, they'll do great otherwise then splash on harsh things like an alcohol based splash and let that be that. Personally, I try to find shave soaps made with beef tallow. The protection you get is second to none and the animal fats keep your skin glowing. There's nothing essentially wrong with alcohol based splashes, but remember they exist because they're a hangover from days when alcohol splashes were used for scent and to prevent infection. A high quality balm is preferred, and witch hazel is also popular and not quite so harsh. If you use any alcohol on your face, just be cognizant to replace the moisture you're taking away.

I don't get paid from these guys, but if you ever see my bathroom pics, you'll notice I'm a huge fan of Stirling shave products. The soaps are animal fat based and their balm is one of the best I've used. Give them a shot,plus their scents are amazing.

During the cooler months, I also love unrefined shea butter. It can be tricky to use, so I make sure my face is already wet, take a fingertip of shea butter and a fingertip of aftershave balm to stretch it, emulsify it with the heat from your hands and then apply to face, head, neck, arms, etc.

Ill admit that is something i do neglect. I usually just buy some shave gel and dont pay much attention to it. Ill check it out

I was looking at products for thickening the skin under the eyes. I have some dark circles at times and I read that it's due to the skin being so thin in the area. Vitamin A was supposedly something that can thicken skin.
Is the Retin A harsh to use under the eyes?

Retin A can cause irritation anywhere if u use too much and arent used to it. Under the eyes I would suggest 0.04% or 0.025% retin A. Use one day a small amount and then wait 3 days before even considering using anymore and make sure u use moisturizer.

I personally use 0.1% everywhere on my face however under my eyes what i do is take any residual retin a and moisturizer thats on my finger tips at the end and rub under my eyes then i use MORE moisturizer there.

Retin A has really help the skin under my eyes. i look back at pics from like 2015 and im like wtf...my eyes looked terrible.

Some groups of people dont respond to sunlight as well with respect to making vitamin D. I remember reading some article saying that like 20 min of direct full body sunlight is worth like 20k iu vitamin D...but truthfully ive seen too many people who are outside often without spf and are still vitamin D deficient.

Keep us posted on ur blood work.

How about retinol in lieu of retin-a? I bought some L’Oréal retinol cream.

Not as effective but better then nothing. They overcharge so much for retinol. Id suggest getting a bottle of 0.1% retin a micro when you get around to it.

If you cant find retin a then retinol is certainly better then nothing.

sunscreen is number one. Genetics, clean living, retin-a, etc. I could write a book

If i had to pick just one thing..... hmm id probably agree with the sunscreen for the general population to prevent photoaging of the skin.

for people who want a super minimal approach. id go SPF, retin A, moisturizer.

Using the sauna/steam room 4-5x a week is also great for skin

Great for cleaning out the pores .

Guys on AAS usually have larger pores due to overactive sebaceous glands. id suggest using the sauna then immediately using some good face wash and scrub after then splashing some cold water on face.

that could help keep it clear. Im not sure how much it really helps the other aspects of aging as the skin is a pretty good barrier to moisture and i dont think the sauna is going to have any effects deep to the epidermis.

I've had my baseline vitamin D levels checked twice and both times they were 19.6.

20,000iu daily the last 5 months has me at 84.9
5,000 gets me to 45
10,000 gets me to 63

However, I am in the mid atlantic/lower north east and none of these measures over the years have a huge influence from sunlight involved. For example...this was never taken when I was outside during the summer or around a beach trip etc...so the situation doesn't vary which leads me to have a very good idea of what dose does what. I am currently tinkering with how my 84.9 rises when I introduce 500-600mg daily of Magnesium. Anyways, I am rambling but...I will be moving to SoCal soon and I will likely have to adjust since I will be outside more and in a great area to get Vitamin D from the sun. I will also probably benefit from the thoughts brought up in this thread as far as skin care in the sun but I will play that by ear as I go.

Im gonna kick your ass if you bring baby oil with you instead of SPF 100 lol

10k iu is what ive been taking recently. Ill check labs again in a few months.

Anyone know the side effects one can get from having too much vitamin D? I know it is fat soluble, so hangs around.

It is fat soluble but its tough to overdose when taking reasonable doses. Even 20k iu a daily and ur still fine. If you did OD then your talking about "hypervitaminosis D" which is rare. Most likely it could predispose you to some renal stones but just drink plenty of fluids and that willl decrease that risk. I think it was you ( or maybe someone else) who said they were taking a HCTZ. HCTZ ofcourse decrease urinary excretion of calcium so while that in combo with vitamin D mega dosing could cause some systemic hypercalemia it would likely overall decrease the renal stone risk.

Can you really count fillers and Botox as tips for skin care?

Botox ( or in my case dysport) absolutely!

If you injured your tendon lifting you would say you needed time off to let it heal up. If you didnt take time off it may never heal. Same thing for your skin. its an organ and deep wrinkles are scar tissue/fibrosis. if you never give it a chance to heal it wont. Dont expect moisturizer to fix scarring.

By me using dysport it allowed that fibrosis to heal. I used to take dysport every 3 months. Now i do it every 6ish. Even after its fully worn off my wrinkles are gone because they healed after i stopped causing focal trauma to my skin.

I used to think things like botox was silly and men didnt do things like that. Then i realized how many guys i knew used it for prevention of wrinkles. Of my male physician ( 30s and 40s) friends id say of those i spoke with at least half use botox or equivalent and maybe 75-80% use retin A. These are guys in nyc, socal and SF

botox was not going to help my glabellar lines. Maybe if i had gotten to it earlier but by time i cared they were like deep furrows which made me look pissed off all the time. Those needed filler. After a year the scarring of the epidermis faded.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131