over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin care. Aging. Wrinkles.

Looked at that lamp on Amazon and saw how a customer warned that it comes with a warning that it has a magnet and not to use with a pacemaker.

Do you still have the packaging and instructions?

No sorry, I tossed the packaging last year. That's interesting. Not sure if that's true, OR if it applies to all light therapy lamps.

The weathered look from androgens is a real thing

Spoke to a SHW bodybuilder at my gym the other day, guy is in his early 30s but face looks legit 50, full head of hair too

I never realized this until lately. I follow Jordan Peters and his workouts and I was shocked at how young is he compared to how old he looks. He even joked about it on a post (IG I believe). Whatever the case, the OP listed some legit treatments but you have to be well funded to pay for all that. I wonder how much per month the OP spends on average throughout the year.

I never realized this until lately. I follow Jordan Peters and his workouts and I was shocked at how young is he compared to how old he looks. He even joked about it on a post (IG I believe). Whatever the case, the OP listed some legit treatments but you have to be well funded to pay for all that. I wonder how much per month the OP spends on average throughout the year.

I asked Jordan about this

His response (I'm paraphrasing): "Fuck yes, I look haggered mate. Make sure you know why you're doing this if you're pushing this hard"

Guy is very self aware and transparent; nothing but respect

$25 for brickell face wash and that last me maybe 2 months ( 150 yr)

$40 brickell aging cream. Lasts maybe 3 months ( 160 yr)

$90 Retin A 0.1% 50gram pump bottle ( you can get it a lot cheaper than that). That last me about 6 months. ( 180 yr)

$41 Keihls microderm abrasion scrub. Last about 6 months. ( 80yr)

$120 Dr Pen a6 unit. The replacement cartrigdes are like 3 bucks each and each one last at least 4 times. So 3 bucks a month on that after the initial unit purchase. ( after initial purchase like 40 bucks a year)

$450 Botox/dysport every 6 months. Thats not what i pay as i buy direct with physician pricing but you can expect to pay about 10 bucks a botox unit around where i live and with the avg guy getting say 45 units. ( 900 yr)

$13 Cerave AM moisturizer. Lasts me maybe 2 months. ( 80 yr)

So about $1600 a year if doing all the above or 130ish a month.

$25 for brickell face wash and that last me maybe 2 months ( 150 yr)

$40 brickell aging cream. Lasts maybe 3 months ( 160 yr)

$90 Retin A 0.1% 50gram pump bottle ( you can get it a lot cheaper than that). That last me about 6 months. ( 180 yr)

$41 Keihls microderm abrasion scrub. Last about 6 months. ( 80yr)

$120 Dr Pen a6 unit. The replacement cartrigdes are like 3 bucks each and each one last at least 4 times. So 3 bucks a month on that after the initial unit purchase. ( after initial purchase like 40 bucks a year)

$450 Botox/dysport every 6 months. Thats not what i pay as i buy direct with physician pricing but you can expect to pay about 10 bucks a botox unit around where i live and with the avg guy getting say 45 units. ( 900 yr)

$13 Cerave AM moisturizer. Lasts me maybe 2 months. ( 80 yr)

So about $1600 a year if doing all the above or 130ish a month.

Do you have a RETIN-A source recommendation?

Do you have a RETIN-A source recommendation?

No. I buy it from the pharmacy ( script). Its expensive as i use the brand name retin A micro. But you can use generic retin a cream thats compounded for a lot less.

No. I buy it from the pharmacy ( script). Its expensive as i use the brand name retin A micro. But you can use generic retin a cream thats compounded for a lot less.
Yeah that was my hurdle...the good stuff appears to be scripted. Was hoping for an OTC that was a bit cheaper.

The topical baxyl works well for u? I hadnt thought of using that. Ill have to look into that and see what they use in that specifically. It may be a larger molecule than most topicals but id be interested in hearing your feedback.

I've thought about that as well but an esthetician friend recommended it to me a few years ago so I added it in. Hard to tell what works when using multiple things. I guess that's why I rotate it with the retinol cream for eyes. I will say the most dramatic results I've had for eyes is the Halo laser- HUGE difference. After wearing a CPAP mask for 9+ years my under eyes have taking a beating from the straps pushing my cheeks up. Just throwing the kitchen sick at it to slow down the lines.

Forgot to mention in my original post that I have also done 2 rounds of filler under eye 6 months apart. That worked nicely as well.

I use a Dr Pen A6 unit. I chose that one because it was wireless and not too expensive. It works well. I cant speak to other units and im sure there are many other brands that work equally well if not better.

I´m checking out the Dr. Pen A6 and I see the cartridges come with varying needle numbers (9,12,36,42) would it be correct to asume the more needles the better? Or is there a particular needle number best suited for the face for example? I´m currently using a 147 needle 1.5mm dermastamp on my scalp twice per month with no numbing cream and I can say it hurts, so thinking of going with the Dr Pen since I don´t see myself using the dermastamp on my face. TIA.

I use a Dr Pen A6 unit. I chose that one because it was wireless and not too expensive. It works well. I cant speak to other units and im sure there are many other brands that work equally well if not better.

I had been keeping an eye on microneedling research for the last 10 years or so. Theres a lot of fads and gimmiks in this sorta arena so i wanted good data before i tried it. There have been quite a few well done studies both relating to hair and to collagen done.

My reasons for doing it for my hair are two fold.

1. Signicantly increased penetration of topicals such as dutasteride and minox through the epidermis. Some may say ohh but you dont want the duta to go systemic! Relax.. its still a large molecule compared to finasteride and if some goes systemic then so be it....but by using duta with microneedling i believe you will a get more to do the target 5AR enzymes in the dermis then if you just took it orally or if you just applied it topically without microneedling.

2. The act of microneedling has shown to significantly increase vegf and wnt which are imporant for hair growth. There have been well done studies showing increase hair growth from microneedling alone without the application of topicals. It wont work for everyone but it certainly filled in my mid scalp and crown.

As for question as does it irritate my scalp or face. The answer is " a bit" but thats depth dependent. If you are going 0.5-.75mm then its gonna be slightly red for an hour or two but by the next morning it looks fine. If you go 1.5mm to break up scar tissue then it imagine it may be irritated for a day or two. My scalp is a bit sensitive to hot water the next morning after doing 1.5mm.

If you apply retin A during the face microneedling you can expect increase irritation.

The data has shown something like 4-500% collagen synthesis in the face for a few months after microneedling session among other good data. Look for yourself online at pics of people who used microneedling for scarring,wrinkles and discoloration. You do NOT need to be drawing blood to get results. You will see pics of some very aggressive people. I have drawn blood before on my scalp but that was when i was trying to go deeper to break up some scar tissue from cutis gyrata ( which worked).

Most guys will start seeing results on there faces after the first session but really seeing good results after 4-6 sessions and giving your body a chance to heal.
Thank you for the excellent information! You have definitely done your homework and it's awesome of you to share it.

I've still got a full head of hair, but every once in awhile I shave it all off and microneedle the $#!t out of my scalp...and I don't look pretty with a shaved head, so it must be worth it. Either that or I was abused as a kid.

Interesting stuff, especially being in mid-life. Question, will micro needling help with the eye lines and under eye circles?
Also, is there benefit of taking oral Hyaluronic acid as opposed to topical(or at all)?

Interesting stuff, especially being in mid-life. Question, will micro needling help with the eye lines and under eye circles?
Also, is there benefit of taking oral Hyaluronic acid as opposed to topical(or at all)?
Taking HA with collagen helps with collagen synthesis.

I do think that microneedling around the eyes will help with collagen formation. The skin around the eyes is a place that many people seem to lose collagen for a variety of reasons.

I microneedle at a depth of 0.25-0.5mm around the eyes and that in combination with retin a has made a big difference for me and a few other guys i know.

I do not see any benefit of ingesting HA orally. im sure you can find some paper or article saying how HA orally may offer benefits....but the science does not support it. Same thing when people try ingesting cartilage supps and collagen supps orally. They have done well done radiolabeled studies and 3-7T MRI cartilage studies... yet people still try marketing it.

I do think that microneedling around the eyes will help with collagen formation. The skin around the eyes is a place that many people seem to lose collagen for a variety of reasons.

I microneedle at a depth of 0.25-0.5mm around the eyes and that in combination with retin a has made a big difference for me and a few other guys i know.

Here's a slightly different angle. How about the lower ab region for guys losing elasticity? Any thoughts on whether it would help there?

Here's a slightly different angle. How about the lower ab region for guys losing elasticity? Any thoughts on whether it would help there?

Ive seen videos of women doing it for post pregnancy skin laxity with good results but at least in my reading and experience it doesnt usually work too well in that regard. if one was to try it that would need deeper needling at like 2-2.5mm in my opinion

Glycolic acid pads once a week before bed would be a good addition.

GG, do you do the microneedling on your own, or do you have somebody do it for you?

If you do it on your own, what do you use to do it, and how much did it cost for the 'thingy'? Sorry, i'm ignorant on this....maybe the wife has one, lol. Like the idea of it improving pore size...will it work on nose?

I don't think I need #2 and #3 yet...thankfully. I'll start back up the retin-A:)
Amazon has a roller with different metal wheel attachments. Be careful and don't press too hard. Feels like blades with pins rolling over your skin. It's inexpensive.

Amazon has a roller with different metal wheel attachments. Be careful and don't press too hard. Feels like blades with pins rolling over your skin. It's inexpensive.

The roller is a lot more aggressive on your skin and I personally wouldn´t use it on the scalp, it tears at the hair and is more painful than the dermastamp I´m currently using, the best option by far is to use the Dr. Pen a6 Ultima that Got Game mentioned which is what I´m planning on buying this Black Friday.

I take Retin A 0.05% cream every night before bed

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236