over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin Dilemma

goloco

Registered
In a bit of a dilemma dealing with skin issues…

I might be one of the guys that has to go through an Accutane cycle once a year to remain clear, so 2 weeks ago, started taking 60mg daily, with a 120mg dose one of those days of the week (to accelerate the process—total broscience). In the meantime, trying to figure out how else my flare-ups/irritation/inflammation can be minimized…. Maybe I just have overactive sebaceous glands, which Accutane uniquely treats and is very effective at minimizing the activity of those glands

It seems like the main culprit for my recent bad acne flare-ups on my back are due to staying up later into the night and/or getting less sleep this past month, been averaging 4-5hrs consistently….

Ordered an accessory to reach my back with a removable/washable cloth, so I can start gently applying benzoyl peroxide 5% (BP5) to my back (was prescribed 5%, asked for 10% but the highest available was 5%)

(2.5% works great for keeping my face clear)

Im working towards becoming a Firefighter, so staying up/getting up at night is something I will probably have to do.

Been implementing a mostly carnivore+ modified fasting diet nutritional strategy, including krill oil (read recently High EPA fish oil is effective for acne, will cite this for my Dermatologist next week, to try and get some quality pharma grade fish oil…)

Carnivore, low-carb, because I don’t tolerate carbs too well, put on fat easy. (also, I’d love to add veggies but don’t have a working dishwasher at the moment. Additionally in a bit of a time crunch phase in my life for a few months, so lots of crock-pot created steak or boneless chicken thighs is very convenient for me. The back is getting severe and the chest is looking pretty fucked up, so maybe I need to shutup and get those veggies in to create a more alkalized state in my body…. Guess I can lock in Sunday as my meal prep day, go all out and cook veggies and lean meat for the upcoming weeks)

I thought I remember hearing that staying up past midnight can trigger something hormonally, that can negatively affect certain people, which is correlated to specifically breaking out on the back…?

I think shaving might be correlated with my chest acne(use electric razor) and perhaps, Im not using an effective post-shave routine that decreases inflammation/irritation…?

I started shaving my body hair at bedtime. which consists of:

Take a shower, gently wash with all natural body wash, gently pat dry or air dry, apply BP5, let dry for 10min, then apply Jason’s Vit E cream/oil or (light essential oil moisturizer for my face; Jason’s cream/oil seems a bit heavy duty and seems to be appropriate for my body) .

Perhaps, breaking out on the back/chest is something hormonally specific…?

I will be meeting with my Dermatologist next week, we might schedule laser hair removal treatment among other things….

If I can cite studies/research for a specific drug/medication(s), I think my Dermatologist will be receptive toward prescribing to me…

Along with the BP5, I was considering adding this to my stack for my Derm. To prescribe:

-Probiotic

-Fish Oil (High EPA)

-Vit E oil/cream or oral supplement

Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated!

good luck getting your derm to listen to studies you wanna cite in a 7 min appt. It will be thrown to the side. It sounds like all the stuff you want is OTC any way.

Did you say you can`t add veggies right now because you don`t have a working dishwasher :confused: So all you eat is meat for the most part? Does that sound balanced to you? Are you likely deficient in many micro-nutrients? Fix the obvious first.

What are you on? Are you on cycle now?
Take care.
MS

good luck getting your derm to listen to studies you wanna cite in a 7 min appt. It will be thrown to the side. It sounds like all the stuff you want is OTC any way.

Did you say you can`t add veggies right now because you don`t have a working dishwasher :confused: So all you eat is meat for the most part? Does that sound balanced to you? Are you likely deficient in many micro-nutrients? Fix the obvious first.

What you eat deff affects your skin.it is the larger organ in the body. nacho

Eat some damn veggies you gotta sink don't you?

Sorry for the delay
Appreciate all of your input!

@Hogan86

Thanks for chiming in brother!

In the past, citing research to influence my Dermatologist/Doctor to prescribe me a specific drug/med I want, has been proven to be successful.

Is there a micro-nutrient chart or resource I can look up to self-educate?

A micro-nutrient chart/resource increase my awareness of which micronutrients I should implement more/less of based on whats going with my body at any given time? (ex: skin breakout, bloat, nausea, etc.)

I can appreciate you callin bullshit on my dishwasher excuse, lol.

Maybe Sunday, I'll pick a vegetable or 2 to prep in bulk along w/ my lean meat for the following weeks... it dawned on me recently to buy freezer bags to help minimize spoilage of food. Since Im low on time and dont have a working dishwasher, Ive been using big ziploc bags to store my cooked foods, then I transfer the foods over to paper bowl when IM ready to eat.

Also, Ive been influenced to try the carnivorous approach as a way to help reveal which possible ingredients/foods trigger possible breakouts in my skin.

Dr Josh Axe, is someone Ive been following recently, he advocated doing less foods and perhaps just a single type of food, "elimination diet", which somewhat resembles the carnivore diet. From what I recall, the goal behind a single food/elimination diet, is to lessen the stress on your digestive system, to lessen inflammation in the body...

Dr Joel Saladino was recently on Ben Pakulsi's podcast... from what I interpreted, he was recommending more meat and less vegetables

Also, Dr Shawn Baker is a big advocate of more meat and less or no veggies

I mention these doctors to help shed light on who has been influencing my decision towards a more all-meat strategy, in case you follow any of their information and could help me if I overlooked or misunderstood some of the principles behind a mostly meat strategy....

In my experience, the veggies also seem to spoil easily due to living a high heat /desert area.
Also, I was implementing various vegetables and cycling green combos week to week.
I did not recall a signficant difference in my skin.

Recently realizing I've been taking digestive enzymes and fish oil everyday for years, I thought maybe I have developed an allergen to those products, so I removed those products for a month, didnt notice improvement in my skin.... perhaps, Im not giving enough time to create improvements

@MAD SCIENTIST

Thanks for chiming in brother!

Sidenote:
Been on T4 for about a year now, havent stopped, take it twice a day, the biggest benefit I noticed my energy is a lot more consistent throughout the day
T4:
Upon rising=100mcg
Afternoon=50mcg

Recently, came off 400mg of Sustanon per week
Nolvadex 25mg eod (1 month/ final month)
Pramipeoxle .1mg 2x per day (First 2months)
500iu HCG 2x per week
(I dont think this was aggravating my skin, I wanted to give my AAS recpetors a break-idk if this is broscience)

Bridged onto
Ostarine 30mg 1x per day ED
Melontan II worked up to 150mcg per day

I'm going to start implementing this product....(attached)

it looks legit from a legit company I've been buying from years

Thank you for reminding me the importance of vegetables as well as the important balance of micronutrients!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412-053231.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-053231.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 38
Also, since I got these big freezer bags now

I can also just buy frozen veggies and store them, no problem

....my armpits started developing what is guessed to be hidradenitis about a year or ago.... Which made me reconsider any/all foods in was eating; consequently, started eliminating foods/ingredients one by one, thinking that my nutrition might be a main culprit behind my armpits

But overall, I think adding/keeping veggies would be beneficial for me.... My elimination of veggies is what might have caused my recent back/chest acne

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws