over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

skin & stretch marks

gnosis

Registered
Hey everyone,
I posted this here because I will be putting up some pics for a bf estimate when I find my camera. I have a question though, how do you guys deal with stretch marks or even stretched/loose skin. I recently hit the 100lb lost mark and am really starting to notice skin problems as I get leaner and it kind of sucks. I can't say it's really all that bad, just some stretch marks on the bi's and by the belly button. Anyone have experience with these problems? Did they gradually tighten or will surgery be the way to go? Thanks alot guys.

5'11
180lbs
27 years old

Consider the stretch marks a badge of honor. Wear them with pride. I do.

I really dont mind the stretch marks, but flab gets to me. Just noticing it more now I guess, but I read some other posts when I searched. Some of them were saying that once you get leaner to try and stay there so the skin has a chance to tighten up again. Thanks for the reply.

Consider the stretch marks a badge of honor. Wear them with pride. I do.

No offense, but I hate answers like this. This guy basically asked how to reduce or eliminate the problem, and you responded enjoy them. I too was curious about other people's answers -- this is bodybuilding, we spend hours in the gym and the remaining hours focusing on our food intake and ensuring rest -- it's really a 24 hour a day deal for people like me and it's focus is how to look our best.

For some, stretch marks detract from the look they're going for. I agree. I just don't want to see a new reply, waste time clicking on it, and learning that the response didn't move the issue forward at all.

That's my take and I wanted to just put it out for your and other's consideration.

As for the OP, I use Tretinoin (Retin-A) directly on my stretch marks. From my experience, it reduces the appearance of old stretch marks and seems to keep new ones from cropping up. It is important that you minimize exposure to UV rays as it can cause discoloration of the skin and can cause you to burn easily.

I have used RPN's Flawless stretch mark cream. I didn't notice a huge difference, but I did notice some improvement.

I just started using Maderma for stretch marks for my shoulders recently. It says it takes 4 weeks to notice improvement, and I am only about a week and a half in. But it looks like they are getting a little lighter. I suggest looking into this for your stretch marks. Good job on the fat loss by the way.

thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone. This is a good board to bring issues onto. I think because I am just about as lean as I want to be for the time being I started to notice the ab flab more lately. The stretch marks are one thing, but when it's loose it looks bad. Anyway, I am looking into possible tightening procedures and will get back if anyone is interested. Thanks guys.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear