over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skinny Fat...HELP

pig

Newbies
Hey, been a member here for years but don’t post much. I’m 57 years old and struggling with my diet and routine, been following a 3 day A,B,A type routine but not really getting anywhere. I have a small frame and weigh about 160lbs and am just trying to get in shape and lose some body fat and gain some muscle.
I had my testosterone checked last year and it was 500, so according to my urologist it’s normal, I was on TRT from a male clinic 4 years ago and went through prostate cancer so I had to stop the TRT, felt really good when my test was up around 900 but i guess it is what it is, ended up having 3 surgeries within 2 years and sort of lost my way with not only exercise but also with life.
Been going to the gym 3 days a week since last Nov., but now I’m completely lost as to what to do, don’t know if maybe I should be doing full body 3 days a week since I’m all natural or maybe a push, pull , legs rotation 5 days a week or stick to what I’ve been doing.
Have always been endomorphic so I’m OCD about my weight so diet is Shake, shake, sandwich for lunch, shake and them supper so i know I’m getting enough protein but I’m pudgy and soft and I would say skinny fat. I just want to make some progress but I feel like I’m spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.
Any help or advice would be great.

Hey, been a member here for years but don’t post much. I’m 57 years old and struggling with my diet and routine, been following a 3 day A,B,A type routine but not really getting anywhere. I have a small frame and weigh about 160lbs and am just trying to get in shape and lose some body fat and gain some muscle.
I had my testosterone checked last year and it was 500, so according to my urologist it’s normal, I was on TRT from a male clinic 4 years ago and went through prostate cancer so I had to stop the TRT, felt really good when my test was up around 900 but i guess it is what it is, ended up having 3 surgeries within 2 years and sort of lost my way with not only exercise but also with life.
Been going to the gym 3 days a week since last Nov., but now I’m completely lost as to what to do, don’t know if maybe I should be doing full body 3 days a week since I’m all natural or maybe a push, pull , legs rotation 5 days a week or stick to what I’ve been doing.
Have always been endomorphic so I’m OCD about my weight so diet is Shake, shake, sandwich for lunch, shake and them supper so i know I’m getting enough protein but I’m pudgy and soft and I would say skinny fat. I just want to make some progress but I feel like I’m spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

First and foremost I'd get my test ANad estrogen levels check again to make sure they are in a range that's conducive to your goals

Then I'd get your diet situated to ensure you are getting enough nutritients to support and even grow some muscle.

Lastly I'd choose a training program that you can follow exactly and keep a log to track your progress. I personally like John Meadows programs and Scott Stevenson's , I was a big fan of DC training but as I've gotten older it really beats up my joints.

At 50+ , adding in a little HGH would definitely help you out with pretty much everything

Find yourself a knowledgeable trainer that can help you with all of these questions
you are more apt to listen to someone you are paying money than a bunch of strangers on the internet
Agreed. I'm in the camp that thinks most of us here don't need a coach but you definitely sound like you could use one.

Your situation is also too elaborate to advise you properly in a single forum post. I would need to coach you for that.

Note that I myself am not a coach but there are several good ones to be found here. Also, since you're a complete beginner, there's no need to hire one of the more well known, more expensive coaches. At your current level and with your goals that's just not necessary. So just look for a good, lesser known and cheaper coach imo.

First and foremost I'd get my test ANad estrogen levels check again to make sure they are in a range that's conducive to your goals

Then I'd get your diet situated to ensure you are getting enough nutritients to support and even grow some muscle.

Lastly I'd choose a training program that you can follow exactly and keep a log to track your progress. I personally like John Meadows programs and Scott Stevenson's , I was a big fan of DC training but as I've gotten older it really beats up my joints.

At 50+ , adding in a little HGH would definitely help you out with pretty much everything
I agree with this advice, but I would be wary of HGH due due history of cancer. But the diet and training advice is spot on. To the OP, Be as methodical and scientific about your approach. Document EVERYTHING, diet, training, EVERYTHING. Reevaluate monthly to check progress. Having accurate records of what does and doesn't work for you will put you on a path that is more likely to lead you to success. I have been training as a bodybuilder for 32 years and have competed successfully, placing anywhere from fourth to first place in the middleweights and I have found this to be the ONLY way to achieve progress and meet your goals.

Man.....when I saw the topic heading I was going to just reply with a smart ass comment of add tren ace lol

at 52...look into @DOGGCRAPP s anabolic supplent, most women and even TRT guys compare it to low dose anavar.

progressive overload, nail a diet, assess and make small changes.

Being natty and 52, it’s gonna be hard to progress, just have to perfect every other variable

Your diet clearly blows. Change it.

All the talk about hormones and supps and whatever is fair enough, but the fact your post had a single sentence about your diet in amongst all that text is very telling.

Man.....when I saw the topic heading I was going to just reply with a smart ass comment of add tren ace lol

at 52...look into @DOGGCRAPP s anabolic supplent, most women and even TRT guys compare it to low dose anavar.

Being natty and 52, it’s gonna be hard to progress, just have to perfect every other variable

Just heard someone else on this forum really thumbs up the Abolic (sp?), if that's what you're talking about. Interesting supplement and Dante isn't known for bullshit, I'll leave it at that

First off good on you for staying active at your age, secondly start right away with your training style resistance training 5x at least 4x per week throw some light cardio in trim up the diets play around with it see what works for you go high carb, low
Carb low-fat etc try em all, you’re not doing a show right? So find a good lifestyle diet that works and you can tweak when you need to. Lastly talk to your doc and look and see if trt is healthy and ok for you and as someone else mentioned gh but I’d be careful on this do to your hx of cancer. Best of luck start a log keep yourself accountable! God bless

Reactions: pig

Abolic is def legit. I would get on TRT and find a diet that works for you.

I appreciate you looking to make some big changes in your life, so good job on that.
Losing the motivation is hard and right now its about lighting that fire again.

I would echo what some others have said—hire a coach.
If you had a single problem of, "hey, can you guys fix my diet?" I think we could all chime in and help a great deal.
But this seems a bit bigger than that. "Losing your way" is tough and i think your best bet is to document EVERYTHING for 2 weeks and then get a coach. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear