over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SKULLCRUSHERS

I had to give up the ez bar version years ago. Now I simply perform them every other tricep workout using dumbbells (palms facing one another).

What the hell are dead skulls...Are they skullcrushers just lying on the floor...Explain please

yeah, its a floor skull crusher. use an ez bar or a bb and lie on the floor and do them (use 25lb plates or less on these so that the bar isn't too high off the floor). i call them dead skulls because i take the tension out of my arms as i set it back down on the floor so the weight comes to a total stop before i do another rep.

Never liked them. Had better growth doing overhead extentions with the dumbbell (two handed)

Try floor skull crushers. Great variation with good result imo.

Most of my tricep growth came from lying tricep extensions but
so came elbow bursitis.

Same here. My left elbow is a mess.
:(

I used to love them but after I ruptured the tendons I had to give them up. I think i'm going to give the dead skulls a shot though.

I havnt done them for well over a year due to elbow issues i had. They have fully gone now and as such i have at times been tempted to do a set to try them out as i used to like them.

But i stuck to the program, ie close grip or dips and the elbow problems still never re occured despite the weight i uesd....

Think best to leave them just in case eh:cool:

I get more growth from heavy overhead french presses and like them better the skullcrushers. I still get the close grip benches in though with the overhead french press. Those two just bow my tris up.

i like them with a small straight bar and on a decline.seems i get a better stretch with them but after reading this i'm gonna try the floor ones.

They tend to bother my elbows but I've been using an Icarian Flat Tricep Extension Machine lately (same movement, but on a bench... sort of like a preacher curl for the triceps) and I love it.

It looks very similar to this machine, but the pad is horizontal (not angled like the one in the pic):

Attachments

• precor.jpg
    precor.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
whats the difference between floor skullcrushers and regular (on bench)?

and don't say one is on the floor and the other is on bench!!! :D

i mean, i see the diff between flat bb bench and floor presses (limited range of motion).

btw, i forgot floor presses for nasty tricep growth.

Floor skull's allow you to hit the triceps a little better in my mind. This is also my experience: The shoulder girdle is a little less maneuverable on the floor compared to a bench as well, which puts more stimulation on the triceps. I feel like I have a lot more free range shoulder wise on the bench compared to the floor which allows me to better use assistance muscles when the weight gets heavier. If I lift the weight from a bench I feel like a combination of lats a triceps (generally speaking) is responsible for lifting through the concentric phase. However, if you were to stop short of the stretch, the muscles of the back lack tension, and again with the shoulder girdle being less functional it leaves more of the triceps to do the job and less of an opportunity to use other muscles to assist in lifting...

Ive tried for years to "like" skullcrushers. Theyve just never felt right for me. I'll def try the floor version.

Your gym needs to get a tricep bench. You're isolated and working both arms seperately.
Skulls and the others are lacking to the tricep press. Some presses use both arms, some isolate the arms - those are better.:s:ar-wars

I love em'. I just make sure I warm up with 2 sets of rope extensions, followed by 2-3 light high rep sets) before doing them all out and my elbows feel good.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131