over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

slave to the scale

csb123

Registered
hate being a slave to the scale,was dieting down on cruise using Intermittent fasting.and lost steady weight.

Switched to more traditional cutting diet for my cycle, now 18 days into my sust tren a mast cycle and weight has been dead steady at around 213 to 215 lbs

I am feeling fuller and bigger, strength increasing etc, vascularity improving day by day.but from loosing about 1 to 1.5lbs a week like clockwork to nothing, you have tonhave faith in the mirror lol
(i train first thing at 5am)
Only on 2500 to 2800 cal a day all clean, carbs 200g a day 100 pre workout 50 post workout and 50 in the meal that follows that.pro at around 300 g rest all decent fat sources.

Is it basically losing some fat while putting on some muscle?

Weights 4 to 5 times a week and cardio 45 min to 60 min 5 to 6 times a week.

Water and muscle retention. Why did you change your diet if it was working, if works wonders on gear as well you know. Biggest mistake I made was to give up if and go to a traditional cutting diet because I was on gear, never again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The scale is the worst addiction to have...ignore that nonsense. It doesn't tell you how big or lean you are, just how much gravitational pull you have.

I weigh the exact same thing I did 2 years ago but look infinitely better.

Thanks guys,

Sammy think same mistake you made thinking IF is more of a natural bodybuilders diet, but now seriously rethinking that, it worked wonders and i tested with calipers in at 7.9 percent just ahead of cycle on cruise.

Considering switching back now

Screw the scale, bro. What matters is how you look, how you feel, and how you perform. If you're happy with the direction those three things are going, then the scale means nothing.

Agree the scale is the devil. I become obsessed with it on bulking cycles(never cut bc i am naturally lean). It always mind f--ks me

The scale is the worst addiction to have...ignore that nonsense. It doesn't tell you how big or lean you are, just how much gravitational pull you have.

hmmm that's not a good thing mate lol

do you have pics from now and 2 years ago ?

don't be a slave to the scale but if if your weight hasn't changed in 2 years then you are doing something wrong ( it should go up 5 pounds at least )

hmmm that's not a good thing mate lol

do you have pics from now and 2 years ago ?

don't be a slave to the scale but if if your weight hasn't changed in 2 years then you are doing something wrong ( it should go up 5 pounds at least )

Lol sorry man but this post is complete nonsense. He could have started at 20% bf. For all you know he could have lost 30 lbs of fat while gaining 30 lbs of muscle!

And where does your 5 lb comment come from?

The scale means nothing to me. I've only gotten in trouble when I worry about my scale weight. Then again I know plenty of guys who use the scale in a very intelligent way to move up weight classes. I'm just not one of those ppl.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Lol sorry man but this post is complete nonsense. He could have started at 20% bf. For all you know he could have lost 30 lbs of fat while gaining 30 lbs of muscle!

And where does your 5 lb comment come from?

The scale means nothing to me. I've only gotten in trouble when I worry about my scale weight. Then again I know plenty of guys who use the scale in a very intelligent way to move up weight classes. I'm just not one of those ppl.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

no in that case you are right... but for some reason I thought he is lean year round ? maybe I thought of someone else ://:confused:

like myself, I'm a single digit bf year round... so I better gain at least 5 pounds of pure muscle in a year or two otherwise something is wrong there

Thanks guys,

Sammy think same mistake you made thinking IF is more of a natural bodybuilders diet, but now seriously rethinking that, it worked wonders and i tested with calipers in at 7.9 percent just ahead of cycle on cruise.

Considering switching back now

Only difference on gear is you can fast even more without muscle loss. I do 3 24 hours a week at the moment. And even the other days have 16ish hours of fasting, I'm the leanest and strongest I've ever been, with just 250 test weekly and about 30 iu gh weekly. I use 8iu gh during the 24 hour fasts starting about 10 hours in and the odd shot of 2iu some other days always at least 10 hours after food. Getting stupidly lean to the point my legs look almost nasty if that makes sense. I think my legs will be about 2% body fat by the time lower belly fully delt with lol. Only been doing this about 4 weeks and frankly I've been shocked. The beauty is I'm eating a shit ton of carbs and beautiful healthy 2000 calorie meals so no sugar cravings ever. Think this is why I'm not losing muscle, the high carb days. I love my fruit, sweet potato and oats, couldn't imagine low carbing it

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more. In my opinion, taking weekly pics is the best way to gauge progress. Too many people get obsessed with the numbers on the scale

Only difference on gear is you can fast even more without muscle loss. I do 3 24 hours a week at the moment. And even the other days have 16ish hours of fasting, I'm the leanest and strongest I've ever been, with just 250 test weekly and about 30 iu gh weekly. I use 8iu gh during the 24 hour fasts starting about 10 hours in and the odd shot of 2iu some other days always at least 10 hours after food. Getting stupidly lean to the point my legs look almost nasty if that makes sense. I think my legs will be about 2% body fat by the time lower belly fully delt with lol. Only been doing this about 4 weeks and frankly I've been shocked. The beauty is I'm eating a shit ton of carbs and beautiful healthy 2000 calorie meals so no sugar cravings ever. Think this is why I'm not losing muscle, the high carb days. I love my fruit, sweet potato and oats, couldn't imagine low carbing it

What are your macros like on the days you don't fast? I'd imagine on the days you're not fasting you can increase the cals a good amount. Also guessing you only do the 24 hour fasts on non-training days?

Thanks again

Iwas following the 16 hour fast 8 hour feed.

Seriously considering switching back to IF, iwas on 10 percent above maintenance on weight training days and 30 percent below on cardio or off days.

What are your macros like on the days you don't fast? I'd imagine on the days you're not fasting you can increase the cals a good amount. Also guessing you only do the 24 hour fasts on non-training days?

Yes non training days only. Macros I don't really know other than about 250 protein. I eat clean, get my carbs from fruit, oats and sweet potato, eat a lot of eggs and like cheese in my sweet potato. I do eat a lot of carbs but I respond well to carbs. I'm talking about 3lb of sweet potato, 6 bananas, 4 oranges and some oats on the big eating days and minus the oats on normal non fast days. Back and legs days I eat about 5000 cals and this keeps metabolism very high ready for the fasts.

I have been 240-245 on my 8 week run. Bf% has drop 4%. The scale sucks

I hate the body fluctuation scales have. One day i can be 200 than the next day be 205. Its really hard to find you r "true weight"

Daaammnn well done cobra!

Fluctuations also used to mess with me, the way my training is set up and diet whether IF or traditional i always have very low carb days with long cardio sessions i usually use the morning after those days as refernece when i am depleted, seems more consistent to me.

But going to throw scale away and go on mirror and calipers lol

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member