over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep Aid

geronimo542

Registered
I work 3rd shift 4 days on and then I have 3 days off. The only problem is it wicked hard for me to go to sleep at a normal time on my days off. Just wondering what people out there use to get some sleep ive tried melatonin but it didnt work to well. What else is their to use?

phenibut with benadryl

This combo knocks me out. Though, if possible, you should stick to your work schedule. Changing your sleep pattern is not healthy.

I recently changed from an overnight shift the last 3 yrs. and initially I kept the same schedule on my off days as works days but got tired of watching late night infomercials at 3am or being in a 24hr store like grocery or walmart with only other people there besides the stocking employees were tweakers LOL Once I was tired of that and wanted to be back a part of the "normal" world and daytime hours I found that if I took a power nap the morning after the last night I worked leading into my days off for maybe 3-5 hours and then toughed out the rest of day I would be able to crash out at a reasonable hour later at night... or just load up on caffiene or other stims and pull a 24hr+ no sleep binge until a reasonable time at night and crash out then.. may have to try using benedryl or even get a script for ambien since it fast acting/short lasting sleep aid... the rx for ambien shouldnt be a prob since you telling your doc you do shift work he gonna know your sleep is backasswards already.... lastly, on the day of the night i would have to go back to work, usually I would wake in morning like normal people LOL do whatever through the morning then take a power nap at some point thru the afternoon/early evening for 3-4 hours and that coupled with caffiene or other stims would power me thru the overnight to where I would crash out to sleep in the morning after work and continue on for the remainder of my work week.. again you may need to take benedryl etc then too just to keep your body in sleep mode thru the day.. after a while your body will adjust to the shitty but somewhat stable pattern and wont be so bad to deal with, a few things that also help.. if you are sensitive to light, put aluminum foil over any bedroom windows, it will have a crackhouse look to it but blocks out all light and is cheap to use, otherwise look at blackout sleeping masks online like amazon/ebay etc, or the blackout curtains also, then may have to keep bedroom temp extra cold/hot too since some are sensitive to climate as well...

Last edited:
Ipamorelin, mod gfr, hgh, igf1-des, and melatonin...this always knocks me out.

Melotonin and benadryl together seems to do the trick when i come of nights. Another trick is a couple of eca at least 8 hours before bed with heavy training. There's s comedown effect off the eca that makes me sleep like a log. Mess it up however and you won't sleep for shit. 1 will not do it for me 2 does.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I have been trying to kick my benadryl habit...have one day in on Selank and Orexin at 200mcgs.

I took them and yawed about 20 times got super relaxed like it was an effort to breathe...slept well. only took 1 benadryl...normal dose is 2-3 a night.

as the days and weeks go on I should have a real opinion on these but I will keep posting what happens.

melatonin has always helped with the change of shifts or jet lag for me...my issue is always waking up at 3am and not being able to go back asleep

Benadryl is my old standby when it comes to sleep aids. Works well but I do tend to feel a little groggy the next day. Look up an OTC sleep aid called Nocturnabol. It's a combination of melatonin and a few other things. Works pretty well (though I generally take 2 caps rather than 1) and gives some pretty cool vivid dreams as well.

Orexin from Ergo Peps works amazingly well! It works by resetting your Circadian rhythm. Not sure how it would effect you on the work nights. I took it for a couple of weeks and have not taken it for 5 days now and still sleeping great.

How about sleeping normally and just using something to stay awake? Find a sleep doc that can prescribe you NUVIGIL.

Increase melatonin dosage and add a couple of Tylenol PMs. If that doesn't work you can entertain other sleeping aids. But give them a chance to work for a week or two. Avoid sleeping pills.

Benadryl has never worked for me. Melatonin is somewhat helpful adjusting sleep patterns but Doxylamine succinate (Unisom) always puts me out within 15 minutes for a good 6-8 hours.

Benadryl knocks me out but the quality of sleep isnt there I think there are studies to prove this.

1 tab of melatonin and a glass of warm milk 20 minutes before bedtime.

2-3g GABA
200mg 5-HTP
200mg L-Theanine
10mg Melatonin
50mg Doxylamine
100mg B6

I have had horrible insomnia my entire life and this combo puts me on my ass. I only use it 2 or 3 days a week because I found that when I used it every day it lost it's effectiveness.

i use truenutrition's zma+gaba and really like how that works. a lot of guys have used TN's sleep aid which they say works very well also

Diphenhydramine/Benadryll is easily available in most OTC stores. I always take 50mgs before bed and sleep like a baby.

i take 2 unisom and 10mgs of melatonin every day and i have been doing this for 10 years or so and i sleep like a baby.

I work 3rd shift 4 days on and then I have 3 days off. The only problem is it wicked hard for me to go to sleep at a normal time on my days off. Just wondering what people out there use to get some sleep ive tried melatonin but it didnt work to well. What else is their to use?

Try some Melatonin 3mg before bed and some ZMA.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws