over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep and Recovery for Firefighter Schedule

rippedyearround

Verified Customer
Verified Customer
My best friend is a Firefighter. His sleep schedule sucks. One day on, one day off. 24hr shifts he says average sleep is about 3 hours.

Any ideas on how he might be able to induce sleep quickly on off days and also manage sporadic sleep opportunities during on days?

He's natty, but considering super supps as this setup is wearing him down.

GH seems like a no brainer. Maybe dose right before sleep on off days?

I know Steve Kuclo was active firefighter for a while. Wonder how he managed the schedule?

DSIP? Melatonin?

I am a retired firefighter for over 18 years. My schedule was slightly different than your friend's. We worked a 24hr on 48hr off schedule. Regardless....I always had to spend a few hours recovering myself after my shift days but it was definitely nice to have the second day off.

My best advice if he wants to try something natural is melatonin, tryptophan, 5-HTP, valerian root or maybe a combination OF them prior to shift day and making sure he gets to bed for at least 8 hrs.

While on shift he could take a mild dose prior to bed to help him fall asleep but I would not suggest a full combination of everything due to possibly of it imparing his judgement if he were to have call.

I had found that even though different combinations of going lite on the supps prior to bed while on shift nothing really truly helped me. Many of us while on shift always had difficulty sleeping just for the fact of anticipation. Knowing that bell could ring at any minute made it very hard for me to get some good sleep no matter what I tried.

Ya what the above said. Try something natural. Hgh has never helped me sleep it actually suffers from it. Better to have no effect than hinder it any further!

After working the graveyard shift for going on 15 years and flipping my sleep schedule around totally 2 times a week. I found melatonin to be a good natural product. Many studies show it's benefits.

After working the graveyard shift for going on 15 years and flipping my sleep schedule around totally 2 times a week. I found melatonin to be a good natural product. Many studies show it's benefits.
It helps me fall asleep but fuck I always have serious crazy ass scary nightmares when I take it. Anyone else experience this

It helps me fall asleep but fuck I always have serious crazy ass scary nightmares when I take it. Anyone else experience this
I have heard that from a few people. I kind of wonder how often they were getting into deep REM sleep before they started using it. And when using it they actually get there.

I've never had a side effect on any dose gh pharma or ug, always found it odd people retain water, get sleepy, mumb hands I guess some are very sensitive to hormones.

ZZZZquil has helped me sleep, no joke listening to the stronger by science pod cast has put me to sleep and I now listen to pass out. I'd say he should probably train low volume because his recovery is probably poor due to lifestyle. I hope he makes good $$ to work that schedule.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws