over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep Apnea

jxm0960

Registered
Anyone suffer from sleep apnea? what do you guys do to prevent it? seems to happen every time i fall asleep on my back and it scare the shit out of me

Stay lean, don't eat like a pig before bed and use an AI to get rid of bloat if you're on test. If it doesn't help, see a doc.

I use a Cpap machine with a built in humidifier. Shit works like a miracle! Been using it for the past 4 months and I've never slept better and felt more rested in my entire life!

^ Not to be an ass, but do you really need a signature that takes up half of the screen on my computer?

I had this when I was really heavy for Football, losing weight helped. Cut the body fat.

Not sleep apnea but other sleep issues and it sucks ...sleep, or lack thereof, can really effect me big time.

^ Not to be an ass, but do you really need a signature that takes up half of the screen on my computer?

Yes. and usually when someone says "not to be a..." they are intending to be just that :D

CPAP is a lifesaver for me...period. However, when you have allergies and your nose is jacked up...guess what? Can't use the CPAP...happened to me last night, and I get "the" nudge from my beloved...."honey, can you put on your CPAP?". Sigh....nope...I ended up doing the midnight shuffle to the guest room so she can sleep...and myself as well. ;)

Is a CPAP the only thing you can do for it? I am not sure if I have it but I have all ways been a snorer even when I was younger and 160. I am still not a big guy but i saw some logs when i sleep.

I was looking into surgery for your septum to see if that might help. The doctor said I had a narror throat as well. I have no issues sleeping at all thats why i never got seen for it, my wifes use to it, but when we stay over at peoples houses they say they can hear me across the room. So im up for ideas.

Stay lean, don't eat like a pig before bed and use an AI to get rid of bloat if you're on test. If it doesn't help, see a doc.

I'm lean all year so its not like im fat and having issues, this even happens pre contest

I had obstructive sleep apnea for years, My tonsils were huge and the bigger I got the bigger they got. Finally had them taken out a few months ago in March. Dr sent them straight to the lab to check for cancer but they came back clean THANK GOD! Go to your doctor and see what he recommends. I never tried the cpap, all the doc had to do was look in my throat and he saw the prob right away! I heard its expensive for the cpaps because its setup just for you, you have to get fitted for it. Brutha go to the dr and get a sleep study done. I've never slept better in my whole life

Last edited:
On the CPap for life. Tren made it real bad. It was because of tren I went to see a sleep dr. Now I'll use it for life. I sleep good now. Even if I lose weight, I'll still use it. I don't take tren anymore either

First off, being lean won't help in some cases. In terms of sleep apnea, excessive muscle or fat will both work against ya. If you neck is over 16.5in your odds of having it start to go up drastically. Also, for the guys on cpap's who don't like what their pressure is set at, go back to your doc and ask for an auto-pap. It's a "smart" cpap that will adjust the pressure based upon feedback because not every person has the same lvl of apnea thru out the night so this will adjust accordingly.

I had obstructive sleep apnea for years, My tonsils were huge and the bigger I got the bigger they got. Finally had them taken out a few months ago in March. Dr sent them straight to the lab to check for cancer but they came back clean THANK GOD! Go to your doctor and see what he recommends. I never tried the cpap, all the doc had to do was look in my throat and he saw the prob right away! I heard its expensive for the cpaps because its setup just for you, you have to get fitted for it. Brutha go to the dr and get a sleep study done. I've never slept better in my whole life

Thanks bro appreciate the advise, ill def go see the doctor.

cpap

I have been on a cpap for a year. I had symptoms, snoring, tired during day etc.I, got a sleep test done and they said I had severe sleep apneia. Stopped breathing 40 times an hour and had oxygen loss 20 times an hour. The reason, genetics, narrow throat. They said I could have surgery with a 25% chance of fixing it. Between cost and lack of a good chance I went the cpap route. I have noticed a Huge differance. infact, without it now, I wake up over and over and cant sleep.
Weight is only sometimes the reason. When I got fitted they said they fit kids all the time for the same reason as I. Infact my reason is one of the most common.
They have companies now that will send you a machine where you can test from home, and then buy the machine. It will change your life forever.
You must also consider, not only will it help you feel better, sleep apneia increases heart disease and many other health problems.

So what should I be looking for in my own body if I'm prone or have sleep apnea? I've gained quite a bit of weight in the past couple years and ya, just looking out of my health.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131