over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep apnea

Possibly cysts, polyps or allergies? Prior to my OSA diagnosis I had cysts and polyps removed from my sinuses. As well, eliminated food allergies.

Correcting and addressing all four were a godsend on my overall health and sense of well-being.

Personally, I have tried the CPAP and a dental sleep appliance, and both were very difficult for me to use. I have learned to sleep on my stomach, and have started using a nasal spray to open my nasal passages and this has helped a great deal.

Last edited:
Does sleep apnea affect any blood work values besides hematocrit?

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 5 years ago but when I was younger the side effects didn't really bother me, I only went for a sleep study because my girl at the time couldn't stand the snoring and choking.. Now that I'm getting older it's been kicking my ass and I'm trying to get used to the mask but struggling with it.. I put it on every night but wake up every morning with it on the floor.. I keep trying because I wanna do it right I just don't know what else to try!

Yes it does. Depending on the severity of apneas, the lack of oxygen or hypoxia stimulates the kidneys to kick out EPO. Therefore stimulates bone marrow to produce more red blood cells.

Certain marks on blood work can indicate the presence of sleep apnea.

Does sleep apnea affect any blood work values besides hematocrit?

Not looking forward to getting use to only sleeping in certain positions but if I can get a better sleep more than excited for the effects on muscle building and fat loss with an actual full night of recovery.

Yes it does. Depending on the severity of apneas, the lack of oxygen or hypoxia stimulates the kidneys to kick out EPO. Therefore stimulates bone marrow to produce more red blood cells.

Certain marks on blood work can indicate the presence of sleep apnea.

Which blood tests should someone look for as a clue for potential apnea?

Certain physical traits are dead giveaways of snoring or apnea.

Undersized lower jaw(dental class2 occlusion), large neck, overweight, teeth indentations on sides of tongue.

Certain physical traits are dead giveaways of snoring or apnea.

Undersized lower jaw(dental class2 occlusion), large neck, overweight, teeth indentations on sides of tongue.

I have small jaw.

If you have health insurance I believe most places do sleep studies to find apnea more so then bloodwork. Even without insurance it maybe worth the investment.

If you have health insurance I believe most places do sleep studies to find apnea more so then bloodwork. Even without insurance it maybe worth the investment.

They are pricey even with insurance by most people's standards. You'll pay your full deductible if you haven't met it yet (mine is only $500). They run about $2-2.8k in my region of the US. I barely slept at all in mine and they wanted a second sleep study for more data. It was a pain so I said fuck no, just give me the cpap. Got it done.

They are pricey even with insurance by most people's standards. You'll pay your full deductible if you haven't met it yet (mine is only $500). They run about $2-2.8k in my region of the US. I barely slept at all in mine and they wanted a second sleep study for more data. It was a pain so I said fuck no, just give me the cpap. Got it done.

Smart. More and more insurance companies are pushing studies to the home because of the above....for many patients it is pretty obvious they have it, so test them in a cheaper manner. In Japan, they simply give you an auto-titrating device to begin with. So if you are uninsured or under-insured, get an auto device online or even a used one and do a little research on the proper mask/nasal device to try and give it a go. Not the best way, but by far the easiest on your wallet.

Elevated homocysteine levels, sub optimal Vitamin D 25-hydroxy, or deficiency. An elevated RDW (Red cell distribution width) without the presence of deficiencies or anemia such as B12, Folic acid or Iron is suggestive of sleep apnea.

There's also the prevalence of reduced antioxidant capacity and higher levels of oxidative stress.

Which blood tests should someone look for as a clue for potential apnea?

Did my study at home with a little machine, then took 3-4 weeks for them to analyze data now have to go in and get options really only looking at oxygen if mild but most likely CPAP if mild or severe

Elevated homocysteine levels, sub optimal Vitamin D 25-hydroxy, or deficiency. An elevated RDW (Red cell distribution width) without the presence of deficiencies or anemia such as B12, Folic acid or Iron is suggestive of sleep apnea.

There's also the prevalence of reduced antioxidant capacity and higher levels of oxidative stress.

Very informative. Makes me glad I just got all of those levels checked and all were normal besides elevated B12.

Girlfriend just said I sleep fine. No snoring. Ndont move at all she said
Sleep study soon. It will say I'm perfect likely. Frig
I guess maybe it's there when I blast
I guess I will tell him why I think I did have it and why. Maybe he will ask me back on over 1g a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just some interesting info. I have had my cpap machine for about 2 months now. Went to the doctor today for unrelated issues. My blood pressure was 100/58. It has always been good, but that is 8-10 points lower both systolic and diastolic than it usually is so I think the cpap machine has made a huge difference already.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131