over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep apnea

Jbray

Registered
Curious on how many guys have this issue? About everyone I know at my gym has a Cpap machine... I just got one the other day and can't keep the thing on for more than 2-3 hours a night. I'll wake up and just rip it off. I have the one that fully circumference the mouth and there's a little nasal pillow on top where my nose sits and allows my nose to get the air as well.
My max setting is 7 and I use the ramp and that starts at 4 but I feel that I can't take deep enough breaths with it on, reminds me of when I'm diving.

Curious on how many guys have this issue? About everyone I know at my gym has a Cpap machine... I just got one the other day and can't keep the thing on for more than 2-3 hours a night. I'll wake up and just rip it off. I have the one that fully circumference the mouth and there's a little nasal pillow on top where my nose sits and allows my nose to get the air as well.
My max setting is 7 and I use the ramp and that starts at 4 but I feel that I can't take deep enough breaths with it on, reminds me of when I'm diving.
That's normal until you get used to it. Once you are, you won't want to sleep without it.

I have one and can't tolerate wearing it either, just consulted my dentist about a oral device but there is no guarantee it will be effective. There has to be other options the medical experts can come up with!

getting fitted with my machine next Monday.

hopefully I don't have a hard time adjusting to it.

I had to play with different masks until I got one that worked. I'm a slide sleeper, only a nasal pillow style worked for me. Keep trying. Airfit p10 is my favorite mask. Used all types. I also ended up with a super high end BiPAP after using cpap a while. I now have zero resistance exhaling for an almost 100% natural feel and one of the least obtrusive masks available. Humidifier, heated tubing to keep the air warm and moist in winter. I can't stand sleeping without it these days. And there was a time at the beginning I couldn't get through the night without taking the cpap off.

Keep trying, untreated sleep apnea is a significant risk factor. Try different stuff. I also use a chin strap to keep mouth closed.

Last edited:
Speak to your sleep physician about this. I've yet to try it as I'm comfortable with using my Bi-pap. I may in the future consider it.

Apnicure - Winx Therapy System for Obstructive Sleep Apnea

I had the dental appliance. It works good, but after 4-5 hours I woke up because of jaw pain and it was causing TMJ like systems wearing it every night for several months.

I might just get the surgery since my apnea think getting worse and i feel very sluggish over past year.

the first few months using my cpap I would always rip it off but now I got use to it. its not easy at first. I am not sure about settings but isn't 7 low? my setting are 4-18. usually I wake up and check it and it is in the 9-13 range, I have seen it at 15 a few times. it depends on how much air you need but isn't 7 low?

Mine works great but I have the nose pillows only, not the full face mask. Like somebody mentioned before, you have to find the one that works best for you. I have friends who have the full face mask and most of them find it uncomfortable and rip it off. I seriously wonder the testing involved if they really are able to differentiate the mouth breathers from the nose breathers because let's face it, we're all mouth breathers until we get the issue fixed. I wonder if some of us they've "diagnosed" as mouth breathers really are. I've tried the mouth guard, specially made for teach grinding but can't sleep with it. So it's weird, anything in my mouth for fringing or whatever, I can't sleep. But cpap mask/nose pillows only for cpap, sleep like a baby

I have a resmed machine that the VA gave me; I'm not going to bullshit anyone, I don't wear it nearly as much as I should. I go through times of trying to wear it consistently but between the mask, my two year olds feet in my back, and my own restlessness it makes sleeping a dreadful event.. I need to start wearing it more.. No excuse..

I hated it at first. But you will get use to it. Just KEEP using it. I absolutely will not go to sleep without mine now. Mine is the nasal mask. Just covers my nose. If I try to go to sleep without it on then it feels like something is totally missing. Like trying to sleep without any covers over you. I just can't do it. I have to have that thing on my face now. Never thought I would ever say that. But its true. I would say 99% of guys like us have sleep apnea. Especially if you have a large neck and trapz. My neck is 23 inches. :eek:

I have a resmed machine that the VA gave me; I'm not going to bullshit anyone, I don't wear it nearly as much as I should. I go through times of trying to wear it consistently but between the mask, my two year olds feet in my back, and my own restlessness it makes sleeping a dreadful event.. I need to start wearing it more.. No excuse..
Wear it bro. It could save your life.

Sleep apnea is as serious as serious can get.

I had it SEVERELY bad at a mature old age of 25 years old. Added too much overall mass to my frame and obviously my body was having a hell of a time adjusting (to think we give ourselves sleep apnea over this shit is fucking crazy) and I stopped breathing 77 times per hour!

You guys better take this shit seriously. I remember preaching this for awhile especially when I had first gotten the machine and was trying to convince everyone to take it more seriously because of the way it affects your overall health . I told Q over and over and over and for a long time nothing happened. I'm not sure if he ever did end up getting a mask, but it sure makes me wonder if it had something to do with everything...

Yeah its hard and its expensive, but is sleep apnea worth risking that much over such an easy fix???

Wear it bro. It could save your life.

Agreed.. I know it will become easier with time, just wore a mask for a long time and have a hard time putting one on while sleeping. I was reading Jbray's post earlier about the mask feeling like diving and I have to agree... I was a Navy Diver for four years and wore a mask nearly every day for my job; strangely enough my cpap mask reminds me a lot of my old mk-20 hat.. Going to bed used to mean being able to relax without a mask strapped to my face, and now in order to stay healthy I have to sleep with that fucker on too.. I know it is what it is, just sucks..

Sleep apnea is as serious as serious can get.

I had it SEVERELY bad at a mature old age of 25 years old. Added too much overall mass to my frame and obviously my body was having a hell of a time adjusting (to think we give ourselves sleep apnea over this shit is fucking crazy) and I stopped breathing 77 times per hour!

You guys better take this shit seriously. I remember preaching this for awhile especially when I had first gotten the machine and was trying to convince everyone to take it more seriously because of the way it affects your overall health . I told Q over and over and over and for a long time nothing happened. I'm not sure if he ever did end up getting a mask, but it sure makes me wonder if it had something to do with everything...

Yeah its hard and its expensive, but is sleep apnea worth risking that much over such an easy fix???
Spot on man. Before I started using mine my ex-girlfriend said it scared her to death at night to hear me in the bed. Sleep apnea contributed to Reggie Whites death. If not an outright cause.

Has anyone used EPAP yet?

Spot on man. Before I started using mine my ex-girlfriend said it scared her to death at night to hear me in the bed. Sleep apnea contributed to Reggie Whites death. If not an outright cause.
Same as my ex! Lol. She was a nurse, and before I got the machine she got both worried as hell and annoyed as hell for how bad my breathing got along with the snoring and arm/leg flailing.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Seems to me that all that mass so many guys carry is not worth the health complications. Maybe it's an individual preference but for myself I dropped down to 180 and the sleep issues went away including the snoring. Not trying to be judgmental just putting it out there. Longevity should be a consideration especially if you have young children and family that counts on you.

Seems to me that all that mass so many guys carry is not worth the health complications. Maybe it's an individual preference but for myself I dropped down to 180 and the sleep issues went away including the snoring. Not trying to be judgmental just putting it out there. Longevity should be a consideration especially if you have young children and family that counts on you.

That is a valid point; size and mass has a lot to do with it. I have had mine for 9 years and even when I diet down to contest shape I still have the apnea. The gal who did the test for me said she can spot problem people by the size of their neck or over development from working out. Apparently the additional muscle restricts the air flow when relaxed/ sleeping. She told me wrestlers have a lot of issues with sleep apnea also.

I also have bad allergies so the mask (mine only covers my nose) is wonderful as it filters out all pollens and dust and I can sleep like a baby.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear