over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep apnea

Most modern CPAP machines have built in analytics that will tell you for example the number of events per hour. Adjusting the pressure really isn't rocket science and I'd be damned to pay some technician moron to do it for me.

Damn...that's pretty unfair of you to say. I used to be senior VP at a national sleep medicine provider. We had a lot of excellent licensed Respiratory Therapists that spent there days helping people get adjusted to CPAP and making sure they had the right masks, nasal devices, pressure settings, machines and actually were using them. CPAP is meaningless without compliance (proper use) and RT's have a proven track record of increasing compliance, which means improving their patient's health.

Now for those that don't have insurance and finances is an issue, I would be the first to recommend that you get an auto-titrating machine off of Craigslist and fool around with it. It's a FAR better option than doing nothing.

Guys, you often need time to get used to the machine. Sometimes i can take up to three months, because you will have a rem sleep rebound and you must get used to have that much rem sleep again.

I cant understand why people have so much problems wearing the mask. It fucking saves your life. Okay, i only have a pressure of 7 or so.. more pressure will be harder to get used to.

Theoretically you can configure an apapml machine by yourself, but you get tested for much more in the sleep lab. Blood pressure, oxygen saturation, restless legs syndrome etc..

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Guys, you often need time to get used to the machine. Sometimes i can take up to three months, because you will have a rem sleep rebound and you must get used to have that much rem sleep again.

I cant understand why people have so much problems wearing the mask. It fucking saves your life. Okay, i only have a pressure of 7 or so.. more pressure will be harder to get used to.

Theoretically you can configure an apapml machine by yourself, but you get tested for much more in the sleep lab. Blood pressure, oxygen saturation, restless legs syndrome etc..

Very well said, I am on 2 months and its way easier no than when I started but like many have said, its a life saver. You want to add more years onto your life, get it. If your not breathing right through the night, your body is working over time to make sure you stay awake and your not getting the air into your brain which will take years off you life. I am so glad I got mine

I’ve had it bad for years and the only mask i can stand and allows me to remain compliant is the phillips mask that is very compact and goes into your nostrils. Can’t remember the name (maybe dreamwear? Don’t remember if that is the machine or the mask I use).

I was told that I got it because my neck/throat area is large and also I disproportionately accumulate fat in my throat area (even though I have low/med body fat levels year round, due to genetics I apparently store a lot of fat around my throat/neck area).

To those that ask about getting a cpap without a sleep study, my personal opinion is that if you can’t afford a formal study and diagnosis, I’d rather err on the side of protecting your health (and specifically your heart specially given our lifestyles). So in that situation I would personally get it, use it, and track the statistics/analytics that the machine collects to monitor and manage usage, etc. If you use without a real medical need, I don’t see the downside - while the upside is significant. Down the road when you have the resources you can follow up with a proper study.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had it bad for years and the only mask i can stand and allows me to remain compliant is the phillips mask that is very compact and goes into your nostrils. Can’t remember the name (maybe dreamwear? Don’t remember if that is the machine or the mask I use).

Mask.

I got the same one but cant get used to that or the face mask either. Working on it though.

I use a loewenstein cara nose mask, but thats very individual. Also a holder for the tube makes things very convenient. Have mounted it to the wall behind my bed.

I've had one for 7+ years. During my 2 overnight tests, I was at 60+ apneas per hour. Now with the mask, I am under 2/hour.
Hold my beer. In 2013 I was diagnosed with an AHI of 92 per hour. If you do the math that means I was jolting myself awake roughly every 40 seconds all night every night. That explained why I needed a nap around 3pm every day. With the machine I'm around 1-3 and honestly it felt like was on 4IU GH from the very first night. Regardless it took me 2-3 years of experimenting to find a mask that worked for me. The first two years even with the machine I was still around 10-12 AHI. My sleep doctor was near useless so I only went back to him once. I've tried probably 7-8 masks, some I only used a couple of nights.

I have a spare machine if anyone is interested - PR System One Remstar 60 Series w/humidifier. You'll need a mask, hose (approx $40) and water chamber (approx $15). All of those parts should be changed yearly anyway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity