over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep at 45° angle? Sleep apnea

For me it’s the opposite when my head is flattest my neck is the least compressed, the more i elevate the closer my chin is to my chest and my events go up a good bit.

I mean, whatever works for you. To me, thats the equivalent of sleeping on a plane....when im not on a plane.
Sounds terrible. Its also dependent on HOW you sleep, not everyone sleeps on their back.

My case is different and when I sleep at 45 degree angle it eases my GERD and not sure if anyone else here who may suffer from GERD ever tried this for sleeping without the acid rising into the throat.

My case is different and when I sleep at 45 degree angle it eases my GERD and not sure if anyone else here who may suffer from GERD ever tried this for sleeping without the acid rising into the throat.
I’ve heard a lot of guys get GERD, is there some correlation I don’t even get heartburn is it related to bodybuilding or just common and made worse by food volume?

I’ve always had to just sleep flat any angle like the other poster said bring my chin closer to my chest and worsens it. Just ended up getting a cpap best thing ever

When I did my sleep study the doctor said I had the most episodes laying flat on my back. I prop up my pillows now and use an oral appliance and I have maybe 1 or 2 episodes the entire night. According to my sleep study I was having 5 episodes/hour

I have severe obstructive sleep apnea and I bought the wedge pillow and it didn't help me at all. Worth trying but if your sleep apnea is bad, I doubt it helps.

When I did my sleep study the doctor said I had the most episodes laying flat on my back. I prop up my pillows now and use an oral appliance and I have maybe 1 or 2 episodes the entire night. According to my sleep study I was having 5 episodes/hour
Oral appliance?

For me it’s the opposite when my head is flattest my neck is the least compressed, the more i elevate the closer my chin is to my chest and my events go up a good bit.
Same here, the flatter my head the better I sleep, ie: head, neck, shoulders in a flat plain horizontal position.

Same here, the flatter my head the better I sleep, ie: head, neck, shoulders in a flat plain horizontal position.
Oddly I found that helps me on recovery for back , delts and especially traps, mind you I’d used 2 large pillows for like 15 years. Made the change to assist breathing and discovered my neck and back prefer a flatter aligned set up

Wedge pillows were designed with GERD in mind. Not for OSA. If you suspect you have OSA see your PCP and have a sleep study done. If you get diagnosed with OSA (depending on severity), you need a Cpap!
If you have GERD that is worse at night consider elevating the head of your bed 4-6" (for the single guys) and don't eat 2 hours before bed. If you've needed PPI's and/or H2B to control your GERD daily (for years), ask your doc if a barium swallow might be indicated. I did this whole wedge, meds, controlled eating, find out your triggers thing for years. Turned out I had a large Hiatal Hernia that was the root of my problem.

I’ve heard a lot of guys get GERD, is there some correlation I don’t even get heartburn is it related to bodybuilding or just common and made worse by food volume?
Not necessarily food volume but by certain types of food like spicy, tomato-based, chocolate. Yes eating heavy meals will aggravate it, particularly if eaten so soon before bed. Anyone can get it not just bodybuilders.

Oral appliance?
It’s a device that looks like a mouth guard. It pulls your lower jaw forward very slightly to open the airway in the back of your throat. It won’t work for someone with severe sleep apnea.

It’s a device that looks like a mouth guard. It pulls your lower jaw forward very slightly to open the airway in the back of your throat. It won’t work for someone with severe sleep apnea.
Did dentist customize it for you?

My insurance wouldn’t cover it. I paid out of pocket through American Sleep Dentistry. They sent me an impression kit

Mine is moderate 12 times per hour, doesn’t sound moderate but the doc said there are people that go over 60 sooo. That said a mouth piece, which I heard on Rogan he said he slept with a mouth guard type thing, I assume it’s the same. Is it prescribed? Uncomfortable? Nice to have when I take a nap on the recliner ya know, some dudes nap with their CPap but I have a baby next to me when I nap so not an option same with airplanes I know people pull their coals out but if it could be avoided……

Mine is moderate 12 times per hour, doesn’t sound moderate but the doc said there are people that go over 60 sooo. That said a mouth piece, which I heard on Rogan he said he slept with a mouth guard type thing, I assume it’s the same. Is it prescribed? Uncomfortable? Nice to have when I take a nap on the recliner ya know, some dudes nap with their CPap but I have a baby next to me when I nap so not an option same with airplanes I know people pull their coals out but if it could be avoided……
You don’t need a prescription. I feel that it’s comfortable. I was prescribed a cpap but it was so claustrophobic to use. I tried to use it several nights and just gave up. That’s when I learned about the oral appliance.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws