over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SLEEP issues, please help

I agree a good mattress can make a world of difference. I especially like a nice firm one, but not with the old style spring sysytem. I got a new one about two years ago because a quenn just wasnt big enough for my wife and me, and two little dogs. So we got a top of the line king bed, with new structure meaning its not the old style intertwined coiled system. its multilayered with different material and an independant coil system on the bottom.
We bought a 2inch memory foam topper for it and sleept with it on for a while but it was to soft for me. took it off and sleep much better.

I meant to ask you if you get tired during the day on a consistent basis or did the new mattress fix all those issues??

in addition to the apnea tests...what kind of mattress are you on? I know I was in your same shoes..no matter how long I slept I still felt tired, no energy, and I could go back to bed, I'd fall asleep in the middle of the day at my desk for no reason..went to the doc and he gave me some adderall, not much change so next step I thought it was apnea, and was going to get tested but did some research and tried the mattress first..my matress was only 4 years old but the thing was worn out..pillowtop and you could only turn it two ways..ie couldn't flip it...I ended up going to the place I got it from and they warrantied it out and I got a new firm mattress....guy told me I didn't have any business w/ the soft mattress I had to begin with...the first night or two was rough but got used to it..now I sleep 6-8 hours a night and wake up feeling supercharged...you may try a different mattress and if you get one that's too hard you can always go with a 2 or 4 inch topper on it...fwiw!

When my sleep cycle gets fucked up, I take 2-6mg of melatonin 30-45 minutes before I'd like to fall asleep. I wake up feeling 10x better and am usually awake before the alarm. I only have to do this once of twice a month so I don't know if it'll help with your problem but it could be a start.

Where did you pick up your melatonin from? The only thong that helps me some nights when I cant fall asleep is ZMA.

sleep

Well....hypersomnia related to "something" (sleep apnea, plms, rem sleep behaviors, depression, hormones, etc). Excessive daytime sleepiness has several etiologies. could be idiopathic hypersomnia (fancy name for you sleep too much and we are sure why).

1- take the epworth sleepiness scale (easy to find online). scores above 10 are significant. bed partners can have invaluable information (frequency, loudness of snoring, etc). COnsider sleep study!
2- is you neck 17" or more in circumference? overweight? high blood pressure?
3- depressive symptoms? anxiety? Any other medications? Combining meds at night? Ambien plus melatonin?
4- monitor your sleep schedule (sleep log) for the next week. calculate various sleep parameters such as total sleep time and time in bed. use numbers to calculate sleep efficiency. Monitor how long it takes (approx) to fall asleep, how many times you awake, and what time you actually get out of bed.
5- medications, supplements, medical conditions?

Post information and I can help. Sleep disorders can be primary, secondary, or some weird combination. A person must examine many variables for compreghensive and effective treatment. A Polysomnography has many advantages and disadvantages. Again, some sleep disorders are non-organic and amenable to cognitive-behavioral interventions.

good luck

Set a few alarms and force yourself to get up there isnt medication for everything!!

You hit on alot of good points to check but left a few out.
An epworth scale is just gonna ask basic questions still leaving alot for the doctor to look into.
You mentioned a 17inch neck. How about a deviated septum, Enlarged tonsils or adnoids, and an enlarged tongue could all or just one of those symptoms could be a result of sleep problems.
I know that before i was diagnosed, you could say i was hypersomnia because whenever i wasnt physically active doing something i could fall asleep easily anywhere.
A simple in dr. office, non invasive test with an accoustic pharyngometer and rhinometer would expansively help the Dr. know whats going on and what steps to take next. And it would provide an extra $100,000-300,000.00 profit a year to that Dr. practice and insurance covers it.

Well....hypersomnia related to "something" (sleep apnea, plms, rem sleep behaviors, depression, hormones, etc). Excessive daytime sleepiness has several etiologies. could be idiopathic hypersomnia (fancy name for you sleep too much and we are sure why).

1- take the epworth sleepiness scale (easy to find online). scores above 10 are significant. bed partners can have invaluable information (frequency, loudness of snoring, etc). COnsider sleep study!
2- is you neck 17" or more in circumference? overweight? high blood pressure?
3- depressive symptoms? anxiety? Any other medications? Combining meds at night? Ambien plus melatonin?
4- monitor your sleep schedule (sleep log) for the next week. calculate various sleep parameters such as total sleep time and time in bed. use numbers to calculate sleep efficiency. Monitor how long it takes (approx) to fall asleep, how many times you awake, and what time you actually get out of bed.
5- medications, supplements, medical conditions?

Post information and I can help. Sleep disorders can be primary, secondary, or some weird combination. A person must examine many variables for compreghensive and effective treatment. A Polysomnography has many advantages and disadvantages. Again, some sleep disorders are non-organic and amenable to cognitive-behavioral interventions.

good luck

def sounds like sleep apnea. alot of aas users get it and dont know it. they never think of it because its a 'fat people' disease. well its not. anyone who snores has it. as bbminded said, if you have it, its the best thing to get it treated, you will feel so different. I used to have to take naps in the middle of the day every day. im not obese, i have apnea. get checked man, you will be glad you did.

def sounds like sleep apnea. alot of aas users get it and dont know it. they never think of it because its a 'fat people' disease. well its not. anyone who snores has it. as bbminded said, if you have it, its the best thing to get it treated, you will feel so different. I used to have to take naps in the middle of the day every day. im not obese, i have apnea. get checked man, you will be glad you did.

im 25 and in great shape and i snore like a freight train. i took 2 sleep tests and will be getting nasal pillow cpap machine in 2 weeks. cant wait.

My issue is I sleep too much, and I feel like shit in the mornings..The last few years I've had troubles getting to bed but its been at its worse the last 6 months after quitting a bar-job with messed up hours. I'm literally only awake for 11 hours out of the day

It's not that I can't fall asleep but I also can't wake up the next morning and end up over-sleeping (which I guess seems obvious, but its me sleeping for too long). I've been to my doctor a few different times and for the last 5 months I've been on ambien, which helps me fall asleep usually. I still have the issue of oversleeping. I literally sleep 12 or more hours a night (this would happen before even starting ambien)...if I have to wake up for class I feel like complete shit (even after a regular 8 hours of sleep), can't eat anything without getting nauseous, and usually go home to take a nap. After my last trip to the doctor we talked about it being a possible anxiety/depression issue and put me on paxil. Can't say I notice much of a difference, maybe a little less paranoid than usual, and my energy levels feel even lower. wish there was something I could do to fix this, as I think its a bigger issue than just "not being a morning-person."

-at one point i completely stopped caffeine now I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning

-thinking of upping humanofort from 200 to 300 mg a day

-maybe stopping carbs before bed

-considering peptides

Let me know if anyone can help out...I feel like im sleeping my life away :mad:

I'm 25, 220lbs, 12% body fat. Lift 3 times a week, and grapple 2-3 times a week. Not a lot of stress in my life, full time student (pretty easy classes) and I enjoy my job.

In the morning try to take 1 capsule of Energix and don`t drink coffee, Phil has the Energix.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws