over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep study..

bhumik

Registered
How many of you guys have had this done? Did your insurance cover it? How many nights did you have to sleep at the lab?

If I were to go to my primary doctor with symptoms of Obstr. sleep apnea, will he refer me to sleep study and hence have insurance cover it?

I had it done about a year ago due to snoring issues. My insurance did cover it. I had a deviated septum that was fixed by insurance.

My asthma and allergy doctor gave me a referral the rest is history.

How many of you guys have had this done? Did your insurance cover it? How many nights did you have to sleep at the lab?

If I were to go to my primary doctor with symptoms of Obstr. sleep apnea, will he refer me to sleep study and hence have insurance cover it?

I just had mine done in February, my primary physician referred me to the sleep center which is a one night study. I went there and it was the most uncomfortable situation as they have electrodes connected all over your head and body.

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and was outfitted with a CPAP machine. Be sure to disclose everything that bothers you to the sleep center, I was outfitted with a full mask with a a forehead brace and I am claustrophobic and a mouth mask would have served me better now I have to wait till I qualify for a replacement mask which is in 3 months.

Also once you get your CPAP the technician will tell you that for the insurance to pay for the machine you must use it at least 75% usage in a straight 30 day period and must be used a minimal of 4 hours per sleep.

Good luck bro.

I had it done... Insurance covered it. The sleep study lasts about 6-7 hours.. Like 9-10pm to 5 am... I had 47 sleep apneas an hour, extreme cases are over 43/hr.

In order for my insurance to cover a surgery I had to use the c-pap machine for like 4-6 weeks.... It was horrible... I had this machine next to my bed with a mask that I had to wear at night... Try explaining that to the ladies...

I had a deviated septum surgery (very painful) and a second tonscil/uvula ectomy. After the surgery I had another sleep study done and I had 3 sleep apneas an hour... Needless to say it was a success. I dont snore as loud any more and I feel more rested.

I was very happy :)

man i gotta get one of these done next week and im nervous as hell. i snore so bad my old lady cant sleep with me and im always tired and groggy. not feeling like having a machine next to my bed

If your insurance will cover it, get the surgery... I feel that it is very much worth the pain of the surgery. The sleep study is no big deal, ask for a sleep aid so you can fall asleep quickly. It takes about 30 min for them to hook you up to all the proper electrodes. And try not to drink a lot before, its a pain in the ass to get unhooked so you can take a piss.

I wouldn't jump to any surgeries. All the ENT and Otolaryngologist I have consulted with said the outcome is to poor to recommend it. I have consulted with some of the best even went to the head of the Yale Otolaryngology Department for 2 second opinions.

They did say it does work for some , but most within few years their back to the apnea. I'm not talking about the deviated septum surgery, but the uvulopalatopharyngoplasty. Also some aren't candidates for a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty as their sleap apnea may be caused by a forward jaw as well.

In my case I have both problems. I would require two surgeries the uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and maxillamandible advancement surgery to break my jaw and move it forward as well.

I wouldn't jump to any surgeries. All the ENT and Otolaryngologist I have consulted with said the outcome is to poor to recommend it. I have consulted with some of the best even went to the head of the Yale Otolaryngology Department for 2 second opinions.

They did say it does work for some , but most within few years their back to the apnea. I'm not talking about the deviated septum surgery, but the uvulopalatopharyngoplasty. Also some aren't candidates for a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty as their sleap apnea may be caused by a forward jaw as well.

In my case I have both problems. I would require two surgeries the uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and maxillamandible advancement surgery to break my jaw and move it forward as well.

They would have to break your jaw!?!?!?! I certainly dont think the surgery would be worth it... But if its deviated septum and toncils/uvula, I would say suck it up and do it

This is good to know....as many are more are doing it.....I hear people say it has changed their lives....

the cost of doctor visits plus cost of over the counter meds year after year adds up...(for the deviated septum issues). I would do the surgery if your insurance will cover it. I've heard from different people that it was worth it and they wished they had done years ago.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner