over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep, urinating and no sleep

MrWannabe

Registered
Hi all, let me start out by saying that I have always been a great sleeper, fall into that nice deep sleep and the next time I open my eyes its morning and time to get up. I have been involved with weight training for about 18 yrs, now for the past 2yrs I have made a big push to get my bodybuilding as spot on as I can, have done 2 nice cycles and put some beef on, will b starting another cycle in about 1 week. Now when I was on my cycles I noticed that I was not sleeping that deeply and would wake frequently - this is to be expected on cycle but here is my problem. I am getting six meals a day, in order for me to get these 6 meals in I am always having to eat something or at the least have a protein shake at around 9 pm. I find it impossible to get all that eating done by an earlier time of the day... so now at night since upping the food intake I have to get up at least 2 times through the night to empty the tanks, I do not get quality sleep anymore even when not on a cycle. I know that a lot of u big people out there ingest a whole lot more than I do, r u all getting up through the night to take wizzes as well. How do you all handle this as good quality sleep and rest is essential to succes. It is on my mind now as my sleep habbits have changed dramatically since switching to a bodybuilding lifestyle, now in the past 2 weeks not only do I get up to use the toilet but by 5am I open my eyes and can not get back to any decent kind of sleep until I get up at around 7:30am. Like I said I have been clean for about 5 months, wondering how I will sleep on cycle next week??? Anyways wondering if I can improve my sleep somehow, maybe eat a lot more of my food earlier in the day, I dont know??? Im in bed by 10:30pm and get up at 7:30am. Wondering how everyone else does at night, let me know if Im making too much of a big deal.

Have you had your prostate checked since this problem started? Thats one area you don't want growth in.

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but get your blood sugar checked.

Frequent urination is a sign of diabetes.

I dont think that I have any health issues regarding urinating (I hope), during the day Im just like anyone else, its just at night. I go to sleep maybe 10:30, need to take a leak at say 1am and probably again at around 3am then Im good. So no one else has to get up and go to the lavy like I do? I thought it was because of what I am ingesting and at the late times in the evening! Thanks for your thoughts OTH and BigJ, I should look into this further to be on the safe side. Please if anyone else out there is like me please post up and let me know, Im starting to feel like a big bed wetter!!!!

I have the same problem. During the day I urinate an average amount I guess, taking into account I drink a lot of water. At night I get up several times to go. Luckily I can go right back to sleep, so it doesn't really interfere with me getting proper rest.

Mr. W:

I gather, by the years of training that you have under your belt, that your not a youngster anymore. Well, buddy, things just seem to change as we "season". I have been experiencing the same issues with sleep & nightime urination for the last couple of years. The issues have grown progressively worse to the point that I need to take some preventative measures prior to bed time. You're probably a lot like me and drink alot of H2O throughout the day. Try cutting yourself off at, say, 8:00pm or so. Also, regarding the sleep -try something like a hot bath/shower before turning in & maybe some "sleepy tea" or ZMA. Start there 1st and see if it makes a difference. If not, try benadryl, then Tylenol PM, etc. Leave the heavy stuff as a last resort (valium, ambien, etc...)! Good luck!!!

Its normal if you are eating and drinking enough you will have to get up once or twice.One tip I have is do not turn on any lights when you get up to go or try to keep your eyes shut.another is drink your fluids allotment before 6-7pm this wont stop you getting up in the wee hours but may help you sleep thru the 11-1 am

yeah , i suggest to reduce your fluid intake a little , comes night time around . i have had pretty much the same problem .

wake

Appreciate evey response, I am definitely gonna get my fluid intake in check after 7pm, will start a new plan Monday. I really wanna get undisturbed sleep and see how it helps with things. Skookum - Im 35, started training around 15 yrs old, must admit even at 35 my joints are not what they used to be. I wanna give a real hard push to do everything right and see how far I can take my physique with the young years that I have left in me. Peace all.

Last edited:
I go at LEAST twice during the night and I'm only 21. I've tried cutting down water intake 3 hours before bed but I just wake up even thirstier and drink even more. Those 2-3 gallons/day have to come out sometime ya know.

I always have to get up at least once during the night to use the rest room. During the past 3 weeks ive been bulking up and when i get up to go to the bathroom around 4am I also drink a protein shake and eat some cheese. That food really seems to help put me back to sleep.

BigJohn said:
I don't mean to be an alarmist, but get your blood sugar checked.

Frequent urination is a sign of diabetes.

Agree you should do it , it may be a sign of it. Also the prostate.

Twice a night really isn't that unusual. Cutting down on latter day liquid could help, but again twice isn't that much. I don't think it would be diabetes. I'm type 2 and before diagnosis, I'd go ever hour or two at night. I do wonder if the sleepiness could be some other issue, ? sleep disorder?

I had the same problem and went to my doctor to fin dout that I had an enlarged prostate. He can give you some meds to reduce the swelling.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131