over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

slin before and after Workout on moutiondog diet

gear-unit

Banned
hey guys am going on the mountain dog diet going to drop some bodyfat
where i eat all my carbs before intra and after.

in the past like 5 years ago. I have 2-3iu after training with 60grams of protein and max of 20grams of dextrose when cutting

now i am doing carbs only around training

PreWO 50grams post bread,oats or rice
IntraWO 30-50gram intra simple sugar
postWO 150gram white rice

so my question is if i am only doing 2-3iu before and "maybe" 2-3iu after
is it then to much carbs for the insulin?
I know the old 10gram of carbs pr iu

but i am going a lot more than that. so am i overdoing the carbs and will just get fat for doing this?

last year i got in where go shape doing this diet and in the years past i have go in shape with slin but doing low carbs around it. but nor like i do this time.
Thanks

I'm going to speculate that pre workout is all u will need, even if workout was 2 hr long..
30 min pre workout, I take 10iu hum r I don't see point in post. One or the other I would think..
I know Sammy does log pwo, I like that theory too
Side note. I consume way too many carbs I think, or I could use more slin

sorry NovoRapid FlexPen i got my hands on

it peaks after 1 hour and is the the blood in 10-20min out of the body with in 3-5hours

Why before and after? (esp when cutting)...

I'm assuming you're using humalog? It peaks arround 1 hour post inj and is out in 3-4 hours I think, so IMO it would be perfect when dieting only if shot mostly once since it's impossible to lose fat if the slin is elevated.

And I don't think anyone needs 250g carbs in periwourkout period when trying to lose fat, if you're doing moderate volume you burn no more than 50g of carbs per workout. 25-50 prew 50-75 intra and 50-75 postw is more than enough for glycogen replenish and recovery. John M used a bit over 300g during his last prep according to his site, but he was very lean when he started the prep and he was growing into the show.

i would pm jm on the subject, but would seem that prewo slin and thats it. but the goal is still nutrient shuttling. add some bcaa in the mix as well. everyones insuilin sensitivity is diff. just have to play with the dosing and carbs. would start out a little less with the carbs. just a thought

but john say in all hes post keep all your carbs around training.
so that is what i do.
any one how can answer my question :)

Why before and after? (esp when cutting)...

I'm assuming you're using humalog? It peaks arround 1 hour post inj and is out in 3-4 hours I think, so IMO it would be perfect when dieting only if shot mostly once since it's impossible to lose fat if the slin is elevated.

And I don't think anyone needs 250g carbs in periwourkout period when trying to lose fat, if you're doing moderate volume you burn no more than 50g of carbs per workout. 25-50 prew 50-75 intra and 50-75 postw is more than enough for glycogen replenish and recovery. John M used a bit over 300g during his last prep according to his site, but he was very lean when he started the prep and he was growing into the show.

i dont think that he did 300grams ofcarbs from the start of his diet
he deff started out higher or that is just what i think :) dont know what he is doing :)

i dont think that he did 300grams ofcarbs from the start of his diet
he deff started out higher or that is just what i think :) dont know what he is doing :)

These was his carbs 15 weeks out (starting the diet):

Here is where I started my diet at 15 weeks out:
Starting weight - 231
Calories – 3488 on leg and chest & shoulders days (weekends) / 3267 on other training days
Protein – 333 / 397
Carbs – 368 / 278
Fat – 76 / 83

Pre-workout – Whey shake with almond butter, ½ cup of oats, Finibar 50+g
Intra – 4 scoops of Anaconda (casein hydrolysate and carb blend) 170g
Postworkout – 4 scoops Mag 10 on the drive home from EliteFTS
Meal 4 – 6-8 oz of white fish (usually cod), 2 cups of white rice 80g
Meal 5 – 6 oz of grass fed beef, and sweet potato 30-40g

This may sound very basic but why don't you simply do the slin pre workout at a higher dose? All of those carbs will more than cover any possible hypo. Plus your training hard so it would take alot to gain fat on so little slin whilst active/training. Having it post too just makes things awkward as you will have to have more carbs later on and your diet dictates you shouldn't. Although adding in 40g carbs or so later on is another possibility and won't drastically effect your results. Keep it simple.

Last edited:
hey guys am going on the mountain dog diet going to drop some bodyfat
where i eat all my carbs before intra and after.

in the past like 5 years ago. I have 2-3iu after training with 60grams of protein and max of 20grams of dextrose when cutting

now i am doing carbs only around training

PreWO 50grams post bread,oats or rice
IntraWO 30-50gram intra simple sugar
postWO 150gram white rice

so my question is if i am only doing 2-3iu before and "maybe" 2-3iu after
is it then to much carbs for the insulin?
I know the old 10gram of carbs pr iu

but i am going a lot more than that. so am i overdoing the carbs and will just get fat for doing this?

last year i got in where go shape doing this diet and in the years past i have go in shape with slin but doing low carbs around it. but nor like i do this time.
Thanks
I've been on Mountain Dog diet for quite some time now and using slin as well. I love this diet and have made amazing progress with it. I think with slin you have to test what works for you. I actually do a little more slin post workout only because of the carbs. Since carbs are restricted later in the day I don't use as much for my other 2 shots. You have to see what works for you. I do 10ius post workout and 6ius the next then 4 ius the last shot. Reason for this is I found I'd go a lil hypo if I did 10ius on the other shots. I train early am btw.

These was his carbs 15 weeks out (starting the diet):

good for you bro :) but i am not going a debate this :9
I stared at this and then i will lower my carbs and find my sweet spot :)

I've been on Mountain Dog diet for quite some time now and using slin as well. I love this diet and have made amazing progress with it. I think with slin you have to test what works for you. I actually do a little more slin post workout only because of the carbs. Since carbs are restricted later in the day I don't use as much for my other 2 shots. You have to see what works for you. I do 10ius post workout and 6ius the next then 4 ius the last shot. Reason for this is I found I'd go a lil hypo if I did 10ius on the other shots. I train early am btw.

you shoot slin 3 times a day? or is that day 1 10iy day 26iu day 3 4iu?

This may sound very basic but why don't you simply do the slin pre workout at a higher dose? All of those carbs will more than cover any possible hypo. Plus your training hard so it would take alot to gain fat on so little slin whilst active/training. Having it post too just makes things awkward as you will have to have more carbs later on and your diet dictates you shouldn't. Although adding in 40g carbs or so later on is another possibility and won't drastically effect your results. Keep it simple.

yeah you are on to something here. thanks for your replay and TR you won this one ;)

I personally didn't have success with this method, and though it makes sense superficially, the downstream actions of taking insulin don't really make sense to be active during a workout window. It certainly works for some though.

For the nutrient shuttling effects of slin, without many of the negatives, try REAL IGF-1 LR3. I like this substantially better.

Been following one of JJ's peptide logs and ergos US LR3 is looking real good.

you shoot slin 3 times a day? or is that day 1 10iy day 26iu day 3 4iu?

yeah you are on to something here. thanks for your replay and TR you won this one ;)
I use my slin on back and quad days. I train early am and my first is post workout then again 6 hours later then again 5-6hours later.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131