over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slin before going on stage?

bigdog123

Banned
Who does this?

My friend is trying it this year. Will be carb deplete up to two days out and then fast slin with 1kg carbs for two days.

Not sure amount being used.

come on man.. fuck off with this dumb shit.

even if there was a concrete answer (there isn't), there's absolutely NO way to know how it would work with your body chemistry.

try it for yourself and take notes

I think "Magnum" touched on this in the article threads somewhere but he used it Friday night before the show. Using it to load two days out will probably cause you to spill over faster which really isn't a big deal if he is stage ready , just keep the water intake high and cut Friday night.

I personally can't carb up fast so I carb up over 3 days (Sunday , Monday and Tuesday) then I'll spill over by Wednesday and be a little more watery Wednesday , Thursday and Friday then Friday night cut water after checking in , have a rib eye and some carbs for dinner. 4am Saturday morning see how I look , and adjust as needed

:yeahthat:

LS is a spicy lil meatball :p

IDK why dont you try it?

Its possible....but waaaaay too many factors to make this work on a regular basis. I wouldn't rely on last minute magic....but just come in prepared

Very difficult to manipulate slin pre stage since insulin will raise aldosterone levels, if you are stage ready 3-4 weeks out you can experiment though,personally i wouldn't risk it.

I remember Mike Morris talking about watching Milos transform right in front of his eyes with insulin and jars of jam that he was shoveling right before stuffing on stage...:)

So much individuality in this...Milos found what worked for him

I have a friend that did it for his 1st pro show some years back and MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My god! First off, he was lean. I mean, peeeeeeeeled!!!!!! And the fullness he had... the direct quote from Dave Palumbo when giving the live updates "FREAK!Huge.Grainy and hard"

He also used it during prep

even if there was a concrete answer (there isn't), there's absolutely NO way to know how it would work with your body chemistry.

You didn’t even read his post..

He’s just asking how it went for the people that have used slin to carb up. Not even for himself lol.. just curious of others results and first hand experiences. Obviously experiences vary with body chemistry.. but we all like to read of others experiences .. just like your log. Could he have done a search? Sure but he’s got questions and this is a forum.

People can reply or not. Have some carbs and relaxxxx

You didn’t even read his post..

He’s just asking how it went for the people that have used slin to carb up. Not even for himself lol.. just curious of others results and first hand experiences. Obviously experiences vary with body chemistry.. but we all like to read of others experiences .. just like your log. Could he have done a search? Sure but he’s got questions and this is a forum.

People can reply or not. Have some carbs and relaxxxx

there are a lot of people who have used insulin to carb up..

but even if it was a 50/50 split of guys who have/haven't, OP won't have ANY clue how it will effect him until he creates a protocol for himself, and fine tunes it to work just right.

it's a lot of guess work for a last minute change.. sounds like an excellent way to - as Matt Porter would say 'ruin your entire contest prep'

slice, that's true but it all starts with a question. There is a lot of info that hasn't been shared or that ive seen on the boards about it. probably all pro's do it. if you're lean enough..it can be very helpful.

and slin isn't one of the things I would tell a person "try it and see how it works" - that is crazy

I thought you had some "no bully" policy

If wanting to use insulin to carb up, 1) not much will be needed due to the likelihood of superb insulin sensitivity and 2) depending on what diuretics are, or are not at play, you can manipulate the aldosterone response to an extent. Yes you will still need sodium to store the carbs, but if sodium has been high the entire time there will be sodium lingering throughout to assist carbohydrate storage.

will always depend on the athlete in question and his condition and morphology.
I already did it for competition is the most difficult process to hit due to the amount of variables involved.

It's a risk...and one that isn't likely to work out in your favor. Insulin WILL cause a sub-q water retention--period. There is no avoiding it. The more times you use it and the larger the dose, the more water retention there will be.

I have been experimenting with Lantus for this purpose, as the slow release of insulin seems to cause less water retention than a large bolus dose, such as when using Humalog or Humulin/Novolin.

I no longer recommend using those insulins right before a show (maybe a very low dose would be OK), as I have seen it cause much more harm than good. Onstage, condition is soooooo much more important than fullness...because when you start to lose separation and detail, that extra size doesn't mean jack-shit. You will just look worse. The more peeled you are, the better and more muscular you will look, period.

I had clients experiment with pre-contest insulin (many different protocols) over the last 15 years...and I ultimately concluded that leaving it out is the best option. Like I said, there MAY be some merit to Lantus, but I am decisively against the use of faster acting insulin before a show.

Last edited:
It's a risk...and one that isn't likely to work out in your favor. Insulin WILL cause a sub-q water retention--period. There is no avoiding it. The more times you use it and the larger the dose, the more water retention there will be.

I have been experimenting with Lantus for this purpose, as the slow release of insulin seems to cause less water retention than a large bolus dose, such as when using Humalog or Humulin/Novolin.

I no longer recommend using those insulins right before a show (maybe a very low dose would be OK), as I have seen it cause much more harm than good. Onstage, condition is soooooo much more important than fullness...because when you start to lose separation and detail, that extra size doesn't mean jack-shit. You will just look worse. The more peeled you are, the better and more muscular you will look, period.

I had clients experiment with pre-contest insulin (many different protocols) over the last 15 years...and I ultimately concluded that leaving it out is the best option. Like I said, there MAY be some merit to Lantus, but I am decisively against the use of faster acting insulin before a show.

I do not agree that the best option is to leave the insulin outside. With the correct protocol will create a fantastic look without losing muscle separation.
Using it right before steping on stage could be dangerous, ive been using like 15uis from Humalog 3 4h before stage and the job was perfect

I do not agree that the best option is to leave the insulin outside. With the correct protocol will create a fantastic look without losing muscle separation.
Using it right before steping on stage could be dangerous, ive been using like 15uis from Humalog 3 4h before stage and the job was perfect

Pictures of condition attained?

But some of Milos' athletes come in pretty darn dry?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131