over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slin @ only 5iu?

rainstony

Registered
Been researching for a while, trying to learn about slin, and thinking I may want to give it a run when I start my cycle at the beginning of the year. I'll be running test/deca/dbol and figure it could be a good addition.

I don't really think I need 10iu just yet, as I just want to test the waters first.

Can you still get good benefit just running 5iu pre workout? Will be using Humulin R

30-50g of carbs, 25g protein, 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, 5g leucine shake pre workout.

40-50g carb, 25g protein, 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, 5g leucine shake intra

40g carb, 40g protein, 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, 5g leucine shake post

A whole food meal an hour after that...no fats.

Main concern is not going hypo...its putting on the wrong kind of weight. Maybe could go lower carbs overall to avoid this?

Last edited:
Personally I'd find humalog.. Easier to,control and in and out a bit quicker.. But yes initially 5 ius is fine.. I rarely went over 7..

Personally I'd find humalog.. Easier to,control and in and out a bit quicker.. But yes initially 5 ius is fine.. I rarely went over 7..

I was under the impression Humilin-R is fine. Availability is obvious factor here.

Slin works way better if you are low bodyfat. You will not like the results if you are over 12%. Very easy to spill over by overeating carbs on slin and get fat. With that being said, as long as you have simple carbs on you like a sugary drink or candy, when the slin peaks, you will be ok. 5ius is a good dose to start on and going hypo shouldn't really be an issue with the protocol you laid out. I found that for myself in the past when I used slin, going over 10ius is when I really had to worry about going hypo.

Slin works way better if you are low bodyfat. You will not like the results if you are over 12%. Very easy to spill over by overeating carbs on slin and get fat. With that being said, as long as you have simple carbs on you like a sugary drink or candy, when the slin peaks, you will be ok. 5ius is a good dose to start on and going hypo shouldn't really be an issue with the protocol you laid out. I found that for myself in the past when I used slin, going over 10ius is when I really had to worry about going hypo.

Ya I've been cutting bodyfat and weight to get prepared to run this, and am fixing to run one more ECA cycle before I start. I've learned form guys that your generally grow better at a lower bodyfat period. And your body sees nutrients different. Definitely been cutting the last half of this year in specific preparation for this.

I almost feel like I'm putting in TOO many carbs here and feel I could probably go 10-20% fewer and still have great results with less worry of adding too much bodyfat. Likewise, most of my carbs will be during this time only with a little bit in the morning.

Also, only doing a 3 day split, should it only be used on those 3 days? Or should I consider a 5iu shot in the morning before breakfast and eat a fat free breakfast? after a big shake?

Last edited:
In order to keep sensitivity up, only use slin on days you workout. 4 week run would be long enough to see desired results and the chances of becoming insulin resistant should be low.

In order to keep sensitivity up, only use slin on days you workout. 4 week run would be long enough to see desired results and the chances of becoming insulin resistant should be low.

Awesome. so 4 on 4 off? Which is how I'm cycling the dbol I have, so should be a good synergy. Cool. Thanks for the help. Its exciting.

Tremendous results with 3 iu Novolin R 5 on 2 off for 4 weeks / 4 off.
6iu GH daily.
Weeks off Met and GW.

IMO that's too many carbs...I'd just eat a normal meal an hour before the gym...one intra shake with carbs...(I'd use 50 but have extra just in case) then just eat a low fat food meal post workout

Personally. And 5iu is fine.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IMO that's too many carbs...I'd just eat a normal meal an hour before the gym...one intra shake with carbs...(I'd use 50 but have extra just in case) then just eat a low fat food meal post workout

Personally. And 5iu is fine.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thats what? Eat a meal an hour before and then Slin what? 30 minutes later and before my workout? This is definitely for a bulker. Would like to keep my post workout meal a shake though if possible due to timing.

I agree 100% with jim425, only use the slin on your workout days, I would lower the carbs slightly in the protocal you laid out to avoid spill over since you are only running 5iu. other than that, your plan you laid out is put together well and is exactly what I have done in the past with great results. Slin with creatine, BCAAs, and the other cell volumizers gives Dramatic results fast and an amazing pump, almost painful at times.
Are you using GH or GH peptides with this plan? I would highly advise that you do.....I couldnt afford the GH on my last slin run and I used MK-677 instead at 25 mg a day and huperzine 3x/day and it gave the same results as about 4iu of a good generic GH.....
Good luck and post up how your 4 week run goes.

I agree 100% with jim425, only use the slin on your workout days, I would lower the carbs slightly in the protocal you laid out to avoid spill over since you are only running 5iu. other than that, your plan you laid out is put together well and is exactly what I have done in the past with great results. Slin with creatine, BCAAs, and the other cell volumizers gives Dramatic results fast and an amazing pump, almost painful at times.
Are you using GH or GH peptides with this plan? I would highly advise that you do.....I couldnt afford the GH on my last slin run and I used MK-677 instead at 25 mg a day and huperzine 3x/day and it gave the same results as about 4iu of a good generic GH.....
Good luck and post up how your 4 week run goes.

Sad to say that GH is just not going to be in the budget this time around. But to me thats okay. I still think that I can get good results without it, and that will even leave me some room to grow by adding it in later. What I do have though, is 1mg of IGF-1LR3. I was thinking of just adding in 40mcg post workout, as well, as an insulin sensitizing tool. Mutants protocol talks about it.

I think I will try the Mk-677 route later down the road before GH, but I would probably also benefit better there after I have gotten use to the slin, and have worked my way up to say 10iu or so. I'm not trying to rush. I want to just be able to get everything I can out of the smallest amount possible. With TEst/Deca/Dbol/Slin, I'm still hoping for good results. I'm being realistic. If the slin gives me nothing more than 3-4 extra pounds, and a fuller look, plus the experience in using it, I would consider it a success.

I do think the carbs are too high though, and will adjust them accordingly and play with them to see where I can go and still feel fine. I would rather leer on the safer side than flirt with danger. If you have any carb ideas that you would change, I'm always open for more experienced recommendations.

Sad to say that GH is just not going to be in the budget this time around. But to me thats okay. I still think that I can get good results without it, and that will even leave me some room to grow by adding it in later. What I do have though, is 1mg of IGF-1LR3. I was thinking of just adding in 40mcg post workout, as well, as an insulin sensitizing tool. Mutants protocol talks about it.

I think I will try the Mk-677 route later down the road before GH, but I would probably also benefit better there after I have gotten use to the slin, and have worked my way up to say 10iu or so. I'm not trying to rush. I want to just be able to get everything I can out of the smallest amount possible. With TEst/Deca/Dbol/Slin, I'm still hoping for good results. I'm being realistic. If the slin gives me nothing more than 3-4 extra pounds, and a fuller look, plus the experience in using it, I would consider it a success.

I do think the carbs are too high though, and will adjust them accordingly and play with them to see where I can go and still feel fine. I would rather leer on the safer side than flirt with danger. If you have any carb ideas that you would change, I'm always open for more experienced recommendations.

Using the IGF LR3 is definately a good idea, I get so damn lean on it and one of the reasons GH works so well with slin is the GH helps keep the body fat off from the slin.

The 2 together also incease IGF levels so using the IGF makes a lot of sense if GH is not in the budget.

Dont go too high with the IGF though as it also has some insulin type effects as you stated regarding Mutants protocal. 30 mcg is what I would start off with and if you do use the IGF LR3 post workout I actually would keep the carbs where you had them originally.

You are going to gain a hell of a lot more than 3-4 lbs with the slin protocal you laid out. The cell volumizing effects alone and the intra cellular fluid retention (this is a good thing) are gonna put on some good weight on you. For your first time using insulin I would guess you will gain more like 7-8 lbs from the slin protocal alone and this will allow the anabolics to really do there thing. This is gonna be a hell of a cycle and I think you are gonna really be surprised with the gains you're going to make. Just keep an eye on your body fat and just simply adjust your carbs from there. Train like a beast bro and enjoy the gains. Slin is one of the things that helped me take my physiique to the next level. Keep us updated.

5iu is great... especially for starting... I was on cruise for past 5 weeks and was out of gym w injury past 10 days and been eating minimal carbs.. i went a few days ago and used a little... my insulin sensitivity went even greater than usual and i was getting slightly hypo still after 125g carbs to cover it... personally, i wouldn't try to see what the minimal amount of carbs you can use with it, id take max nutrients and then match the slin dose to that... if your taking 120-150g carbs, you could use a higher dose of slin.... I'd search Mike Arnold's posts, h has some really great threads that we have all chimed in on...

OP, youre having about 3x as many carbs as you actually need for 5iu...
50g of carbs spread over 2 hours post injection is enough

5iu is very unlikely to make you hypo even without eating, especially humulin-r...

most guys who go hypo on slin actually have the timing wrong and not the amount of carbs
id even guess its reactive hypoglycemia for most guys... from simply consuming way too many high GI carbs at once (completely irrespective of slin use)

other than that id personally consider 5iu a waste of time, but you might see some slight benefits

Last edited:

5iu is very unlikely to make you hypo even without eating, especially humulin-r...

most guys who go hypo on slin actually have the timing wrong and not the amount of carbs
id even guess its reactive hypoglycemia for most guys... from simply consuming way too many high GI carbs at once (completely irrespective of slin use)

other than that id personally consider 5iu a waste of time, but you might see some slight benefits

Dont start telling someone getting their feet wet with slin that 5iu is a waste. If your nutrition and timing are on point 5iu will create noticeable effects in a few weeks.
Where on the other hand nutrition and timing are not on point 20iu wont produce results.

Humilin r u can get without a script, log is always gonna need a script

This. Even 10 iu r you'd have a hard time going hypo as long as you eat like you normally would. I currently use 30iu a combo of r/log and some oatmeal, pack of poptarts, and gatorade intra workout keeps my blood glucose around 80 post workout.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws